Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Altruist Experience

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited October 9, 2017 in General Chat
JrqaYnJ.png

All I want to do is run one lord mission for Grandmaster Merch.

It isn't even a hard mission.
Getting people for a lord mission that isn't caverns is suffering.
  1. Why are we still here?25 votes
    1. Just to suffer?
       64% (16 votes)
    2. Forums.
       36% (9 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    What a prick. Players who say such rude things deserve to be drawn and quartered. :(
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I used the altruist feature once. Never got a response. Never use it since..
    Leiliciacourtneyy
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hoomans.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I try getting help by using that and people RARELY do it. Ever since it came out, it only worked once. I think it's because our server and area is small so people would know who we are and really know we probably don't need help??? It's annoying and I hate our system. Many of those in the top place used alts to get there anyway. /: Did you manage to do it now though?
    courtneyy
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Leilicia wrote: »
    I try getting help by using that and people RARELY do it. Ever since it came out, it only worked once. I think it's because our server and area is small so people would know who we are and really know we probably don't need help??? It's annoying and I hate our system. Many of those in the top place used alts to get there anyway. /: Did you manage to do it now though?

I mean, I eventually got a party and completed the mission.

Still took me well over an hour to get people for it.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I remember being told it's easy getting a lord run going when you advertise for it..and even then it also took me nearly an hour to get people. Maybe our timings are off and we do it when most people are asleep? XD At least you got it now.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Did you report them? I would.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    A few times I've had people join my request just to tell me that if I can't solo it then I don't deserve the GM title.
    This has happened to me for both the 4-person mission and the MA contest mission.
    Some people are just Richards.
    LeiliciaQwenaltHazurah
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Maybe it's because I only use it for easy quests, but I've successfully gotten help from nice people.

I mostly use it on my alts for doing skill quests like Fusion Bolt and Mana Shield, and I make sure I complete the quest so they get the points.

As an altruist, however, I haven't gotten any points even though I've answered quite a few calls lol. One guy used it to beg me for 5k gold, multiple people closed the request before completing the mission, few more people dced... things like that.

Bad people on both sides.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 10, 2017
    Well maybe we really should consider reporting toxicity like that. It leaves a bad impression and is ultimately bad for business and support of this game.

You don't have to tell them you are reporting them, just take a screenshot and submit a ticket. They will get banned for a few days will hopefully reconsider their crude behavior.
    Imaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 10, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well maybe we really should consider reporting toxicity like that. It leaves a bad impression and is ultimately bad for business and support of this game.

You don't have to tell them you are reporting them, just take a screenshot and submit a ticket. They will get banned for a few days will hopefully reconsider their crude behavior.
    Banned for what? Did I miss something? I can see it if they were swearing at and/or harassing someone, but that's the only time. As much as I hate rude people; I understand they have that right (the right to be a rude prude dude). No one can force people to be nice. ~ It's a fact of life. :smirk:

They are being unnecessarily rude. They could simply just leave the request without saying anything. Look don't argue with me for the sake of free speech.
    BuffalosShouKImaizumiQwenaltYureiHazurah
    Eralea wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I only use it for easy quests, but I've successfully gotten help from nice people.

I mostly use it on my alts for doing skill quests like Fusion Bolt and Mana Shield, and I make sure I complete the quest so they get the points.

As an altruist, however, I haven't gotten any points even though I've answered quite a few calls lol. One guy used it to beg me for 5k gold, multiple people closed the request before completing the mission, few more people dced... things like that.

Bad people on both sides.

I think the reason behind leaving is simply a misunderstanding as to how the system works, not due to them being jerks or "bad" people.

Of course, beggars should be burnt at the stake if you ask me. The should get off their butt, those lazy bums. Earn your own gold, your own dungeon pages. There is a difference between me giving one a helping hand, and essentially doing the work for you, which is always the case with skill pages. Anyone should be either to hunt them down, or buy them. Expecting me to give you free stuff is hardly helpful.

Begging for items in a game is pathetic. Why does not one just play the game?

• JJJJ
    Trolling and begging are play styles some people enjoy. You might not like it but this isn't your game. Nexon have made no rules against it, but if you really don't like it you can right-click the person and click "Add to Blacklist".
    Nexon does make rules if you're unable to ignore/blacklist the person. If someone is begging from you or being mean to you in a way you cannot block (notes, mail, etc) you can, and should, report them.
    edited October 10, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Trolling and begging are play styles some people enjoy. You might not like it but this isn't your game. Nexon have made no rules against it, but if you really don't like it you can right-click the person and click "Add to Blacklist".
    Nexon does make rules if you're unable to ignore/blacklist the person. If someone is begging from you or being mean to you in a way you cannot block (notes, mail, etc) you can, and should, report them.

@jjeremy

My criticism of such isn't necessarily me demanding it be disallowed as an offence, unless you think my belief is that they should actually be executed in a horrendous way. This seems to tie into the "They have a legal right to say this, and all criticism is censorship" argument.

To note as well, current legality isn't the perfect argument for whether or not it should be allowed in the first place.

I apologize for my roughness, as I perceive it, my pet peeve is to be misunderstood where I believe the implications made are simply not reasonable.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited October 10, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Banned for what? Did I miss something? I can see it if they were swearing at and/or harassing someone, but that's the only time. As much as I hate rude people; I understand they have that right (the right to be a rude prude dude). No one can force people to be nice. ~ It's a fact of life. :smirk:

Telling someone to kill themself goes beyond rude, to be honest. Those types of things should never be tolerated because "this isn't harassment because it only happened once." There is a reason why the Terms have a clause saying rules can be open to a moderator's discretion.
    ImaizumiLeiliciaHazurah
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You shouldn't take such messages seriously. Just ignore. That's internet for you.

I bet whoever wrote that is either 11-15 years old edgy kid, who thinks it's totally cool and okay to type such things or 16 years and above players who like to troll/have serious personality disorders.
  • JJJJ
    @Blissfulkill
    Ditto to what you said to me, but aimed at you.
    edited October 10, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »
    @Blissfulkill
    Ditto to what you said to me, but aimed at you.

@jjeremy

Huh, what?

I am merely criticizing your reply, but I did not think your previous comment equivalent to "censorship", hence why I replace "you", "your", and "I", with "they" in the bottom quote, which I perceived as in apparent application towards my previous criticism of the trolling and begging practice, and your judgement of my criticism as advocating for bans on such activities
    "They have a legal right to say this, and all criticism is censorship"

When it hasn't been my intention in the first place. I believe I have not misunderstood anything, and I apologize if I did, as well as if I did imply.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited October 10, 2017
    Just because someone CAN solo something - which I've done before in the 4-Man Grandmaster Mission, but would really rather not - doesn't mean a few extra-people won't: 1) Make it go infinitely-faster, 2) Greatly alleviate the repair-bill afterwards, 3) Save up to 15% on Car Insurance from Geico :P

But seriously, you should report this person to the admins for the "Kill Yourself" Comment. Maybe a week or so without the game might make them think twice about being such a jerk. Remember to make your report as informative - and polite - as possible, including the approximate time and day it occurred. The admins respond better to politeness, so please don't take out your frustrations with the jerk on them.
    Yurei
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited October 10, 2017
    It's funny to see someone justifying for being rude.
    That person deserve to be blocked or banned for couple of days, but not permanently though.

+Just because you don't really take thing seriously because yoy think that's how internet works, doesn't mean it's just a just to everyone else. Please.