Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Requesting 5 day extention for Balloon Pony event

KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited October 9, 2017 in General Chat
I'm just requesting. :D

In all honestly, I was going to do this
KimCheolsu wrote: »
*smacks knee* Well damn. 6x10 inventory and basically a nimbus. Well I would've wanted 2 even if it sucked, but that's a bonus.

Alsooo, you know how for the attendance event, the maintenance was the next day's morning after the last day of the event? So I re-logged at midnight after the last day ended and got another stamp. So, wouldn't the balloon pony event be just like that, and I could get another carrot at midnight and be good? That is, if the maintenance is the day after the last day of the event. Welp, here's hoping.

*steam comes out of nose* O^O WELL NOW I'M HYPED FOR SHOWING UP EVERYDAY FOR 2 PONIES NOW!!!

I log on Mabi everyday but I guess somewhere along the line I MISSED ONE DAY WTFREAK Q_Q, so I guess I forgot to relog! ;D So really, I'm just asking. It's not a demand.
All I need is probably 2 days, but 5 seems more average if other people missed more.

Edit: Woops, I mean I missed the first day, and then later on I missed another day without realizing.

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I mean, you get enough days overall to get 2 of them.

You would need to miss way more than 2 days to miss both.

One is more than enough.
    TheNyanCat
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    I know I can get one. I just really really really really really really really really want 2.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I seen a friend in game wanting an extended but the reason was because he simply didn't log on. There was no natural disaster that made him miss, there was no real reason to not miss. As Nil said, you should be able to get two. I missed 3 days and still get carrots..and if you do miss the second, there's surely someone who's selling if you have the coin.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    You said: " As Nil said, you should be able to get two."
    No. Nilrem said I would need to miss way more than 2 days to miss both ponies. He did not say I'd be able to get 2.
    I acknowledge that I may buy another pony, if the whistle is tradeable. If not, then by pet medal.
    I am not blaming any natural disaster or any solid reason, it's my own fault.

There's 24 days in the event; 1 pony is 12 carrots. You will not get a second pony if you miss one day. That's why I want 5 day extension, for my own selfish greediness of wanting the fulfilling 2 ponies.

Although I'm not demanding you or anything Nexon guys, I'm just asking QQ. I mean if you can't because it's too unfair for the guys who showed up for all 24 days, it's okay...sorry...for..asking....

ACTUALLY NO. I'M ONLY ASKING. I'M NOT SORRY.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    *stomps* didn't I say I missed 2 days?... grrr.... I'm not asking for 2 days and asking for 5 days because maybe other people missed a few more, then it'd benefit more people if it were 5 days instead of just 2. God damn...
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Ah, I think I misread what she said.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I don't have a problem with it.
    Doesn't hurt me, and it shouldn't delay any other events, so it's pretty much just a nice thing for people who've missed some days.

but what about a 12 day extension tho?
    ....j/k
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Adding that 5 days would be better in case other people missed days too just sounds like you trying to cover the fact that even you yourself know that the request is selfish lol

Me saying this will probably bother you (and maybe others) but I missed several things and didn't really come around to request more time to get them. I dunno what's so bad about being ok with what you get. I mean, like you getting one pony, you should be happy with it even if you wanted two, what you got is better than no pony at all.

Also to me it sounded like the second pony was more like an extra for those who doesn't skip a day. At least is how I understand the notice about this event. So, I dunno, Mabi team is really nice and they really might give more days, still this thing about 'requesting' extensions is getting to be something we have to see every single event we get...
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited October 10, 2017
    Most will probably disagree with me, but I think Nexon should have limited the number of days to 23, instead of 24.
    That way, everyone get only one pony, and no would complain about not being able to get 2 of them, and no one would come asking for an extension (23 days for 12 carrots is more than enough).

I'm not saying 24 days is bad (I would enjoy 2 ponies instead of one as much as anyone else), just that removing one day would have prevented saltiness among players
    Miuna
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Lidrster wrote: »
    Most will probably disagree with me, but I think Nexon should have limited the number of days to 23, instead of 24.
    That way, everyone get only one pony, and no would complain about not being able to get 2 of them, and no one would come asking for an extension (23 days for 12 carrots is more than enough).

I'm not saying 24 days is bad (I would enjoy 2 ponies instead of one as much as anyone else), just that removing one day would have prevented saltiness among players

nah you would still get requests for an extension as someone wouldn't log in for 2 weeks, and cry.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 10, 2017
    Lidrster wrote: »

Yeah people become entitled when they don't get what they potentially could of gotten. Next time NA don't do this. Don't provoke people to want a extension for a SECOND pony or whatever. Lol.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    edited October 10, 2017
    I would love to get even one more day, since I'm one carrot short to get a pony at all. inb4 someone says I should've logged in more, I barely have any time due to school and excessive travel times atm. if it doesn't get extended, well, then it's just my bad luck for being so busy, but it'd be nice to get one or two extra days. I mean, if only the carrots were tradeable... but then there'd be alt-farming of course, so yeah...

nvm, thought the event would end this thursday with the maint, but since it's till saturday I'll barely make it for one pony (somehow I managed). still, one or two more days would help a lot of people I think
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    I would love to get even one more day, since I'm one carrot short to get a pony at all. inb4 someone says I should've logged in more, I barely have any time due to school and excessive travel times atm. if it doesn't get extended, well, then it's just my bad luck for being so busy, but it'd be nice to get one or two extra days. I mean, if only the carrots were tradeable... but then there'd be alt-farming of course, so yeah...

nvm, thought the event would end this thursday with the maint, but since it's till saturday I'll barely make it for one pony (somehow I managed). still, one or two more days would help a lot of people I think

Just login and logout. Takes less than a couple minutes of your time.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited October 10, 2017
    Miuna wrote: »
    Adding that 5 days would be better in case other people missed days too just sounds like you trying to cover the fact that even you yourself know that the request is selfish lol
    -snip-
    That's why I want 5 day extension, for my own selfish greediness of wanting the fulfilling 2 ponies.

In what part am I trying to cover up my own selfishness?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    -snip-
    That's why I want 5 day extension, for my own selfish greediness of wanting the fulfilling 2 ponies.

You get ONE free pony, that's it. Complain and you can go to bed without desert.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I'm not against an extension, but don't hold your breath on it. I think the event itself is already pretty generous with just one pony given the other recent pet handout events.
    Miuna
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    -snip-

What part of 'the request is selfish' implies that it's about you and only you?
    Wanting 2 ponies is normal, I want 2 ponies if I can get 2 ponies and almost everyone else does. It still would be selfish regardless who was asking for it, as in, you are replaceable by any other of us who decides to request this.
    Can you understand it now?
    Or maybe read my whole post to understand that I was saying that the second pony is an extra, a bonus, a reward for those who login everyday... whatever you want to call it. Maybe understanding that you'd feel less personally attacked (:
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu

I misunderstood it as you telling me I do not understand that I am being selfish, but now I understand that you're saying the request itself is selfish.

2. I am replaceable by any other who would ask of this. What matters to me more is people coming into this thread and either supporting, disagreeing, or giving any other of their own opinion about an extension, and then Nexon judging whether we should get one or not. My thread is special to me though, because I wanted it to be a "Please do this if you can, but in no way is this a demand nor do you owe us anything. So, please look at the responses, if there are any, and decide your own way." kind of message.

3. I understand now.

4. I 100% completely understand the event details about the pony give-out. I don't feel personally attacked, I just wanted to prove my point, although it was my misunderstanding so it was void. Although your smiley face makes me wanna punch you.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I have a legitimate gripe, I missed a day because I had to be away from home for 36 hours because of a family medical emergency.
    Oh well, one pony whistle it is. I haven't even used it yet.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I missed a day on the 1 alt account I was bothering to get ponies on :P Things happen. We move on... I remember back in the day I missed so many last minute 2x ap events and stuff and I got annoyed, but you just gotta accept the loss. There will be other free pets :D You got the glitter scooter right?