Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New In Japan

HumiliatingHumiliating
Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
in General Chat

We're over here rotting on the same recycled content.

I'm quite jealous of Japan.
[Deleted User]PeloiVimiPopotato
  1. Jelly?75 votes
    1. Yes
       55% (41 votes)
    2. No
       20% (15 votes)
    3. What is Animu?
       25% (19 votes)

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    G21 or go home.
    [Deleted User]Nilrem[Deleted User]ArchdukeValeCortezSibImaizumitreasurehunty
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Another Fooled-you-pon Crossover event like Fate Unlimited Budget Works?
    [Deleted User]GretaSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    MFW~
    dIOCOfh.jpg

It's a cross-over from Net-juu no Susume. Currently airing and is only at ep 1 right now.
    It's pretty good.
    [Deleted User]PeloiVimiKensamaofmariHumiliatingPopotato
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 12, 2017
    A life simulator(Mabi) cross over with an anime about enjoying a simulated virtual life...ehhhhh

Quite the peculiar choice... :o

latest?cb=20150105222123
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseBlissfulkillVimi
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited October 12, 2017
    Sai wrote: »
    MFW~
    dIOCOfh.jpg

It's a cross-over from Net-juu no Susume. Currently airing and is only at ep 1 right now.
    It's pretty good.

Doesn't matter. Crossovers are trash.

You know better. Shame on you. *smacks you*
    GretaTairikujustshowingImaizumiFullBucketPimpDaddy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't hold crossovers as a good game content. I'm 100% sure that the content you looking at is purely gachapons. We don't need that.
    SherriTairiku
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited October 12, 2017
    Whenever it comes to these crossovers, I always go over the usual routine.

People will like or dislike it for being anime.

People will hate it for being gacha and sales.

And then people like me only look to see if anything it adds is even remotely interesting.

Never heard of this anime, but all of the outfits/characters just look.....bland.
    Very generic looking outfits with similar, far easier to obtain ones already in game.
    Maybe they have some kind of idle...? Just looks unappealing.

The best looking thing there is the computer desk chair.
    And only for the meta "playing mabi inside mabi" jokes.

Then again, after last crossover giving us giant mega ultra chicken, I guess expectations were pretty set.
    You can't beat a pet like that.

And hopefully a lot less crossovers with limited edition one time titles/enchants so powerful that the entire endgame meta revolves around them making it nigh impossible for newer players to catch up to the absurd power of such things.
    GretaImaizumiSherri
  • 6f09096f0909
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,340
    edited October 12, 2017
    Net-juu no Susume is originally a japanese webcomic that recently just got an anime.
    The fictional game actually holds a lot of similarities to some mechanics on mabi, so it's pretty natural that Japan gets a crossover with it LOL

I'm almost sure we're not getting this in NA tho, because of the original webcomic (at least to my knowledge) isn't popular in the Western audience, and it hasn't been translated to English at all, save for maybe the first few chapters? Which is too bad, cause I actually like the series a little, but eh, can't really force it.

For those interested in reading raws or just to catch a glipse, the webcomic can be read on Comico:
    http://www.comico.jp/articleList.nhn?titleNo=27
    [Deleted User]PeloiDarkpixie99
  • SaiSai
    edited October 12, 2017

What are you talking about? I think you misread something or you're just flat out assuming something. I could be too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited October 13, 2017

What are you talking about? I think you misread something or you're just flat out assuming something. I could be too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-smacks again-
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 13, 2017
    It still feels like it's too early to release the tie up, seeing how it hasn't even remotely gathered much attention to NA, and the season just started too.
    Maybe if it had released the complete series, then yeah, some people might be a bit interested...but it seems like a risky sale for Nexon NA at this point of the publicity.
    Right now, I think it would just be jumping onto another train of confusion.
    Although I do have to agree that the outfits do look rather cheap to even be worth $5, as they aren't very detailed, and it would be difficult to get the right dye to get proper shading. Maybe if they had added better texture, then maybe the outfits could be worth more.
    (Knowing Nexon, that's a lot to ask for though...)
    Every Milletian Ever:
    tumblr_inline_obhocnBm7f1sws5ja_500.gif
    "What is this anime, is this another SAO, are we getting Miku back, or is this just a trend?"
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    For some reason i cringed really hard at that video :#
    Sherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This anime just came out and its already getting a crossover? Lol
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited October 13, 2017
    meeeeeeeh, gimme some gochiusa, hinako note or love live gems so i can spread some diabetes to the entire server everyday all day long... btw i totally can't imagine what are they trying to tell us with that crossover... yeah... totally...
  • SaiSai
    It still feels like it's too early to release the tie up, seeing how it hasn't even remotely gathered much attention to NA, and the season just started too.
    Maybe if it had released the complete series, then yeah, some people might be a bit interested...but it seems like a risky sale for Nexon NA at this point of the publicity.
    Although I do have to agree that the outfits do look rather cheap to even be worth $5, as they aren't very detailed, and it would be difficult to get the right dye to get proper shading. Maybe if they had added better texture, then maybe the outfits could be worth more.
    Every Milletian Ever:
    "What is this anime, is this another SAO, are we getting Miku back, or is this just a trend?"

It'll NEVER come to NA. Not even a remote chance at it.
    I think it's just to promote the anime in JP, which in turn promotes the source.

Now to watch EP 2, which just came out today.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Welp, went ahead and started watching it. Think I called out the "twist" like 5 minutes in just comparing it to the show "poster". But the show is very entertaining.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Opalthira wrote: »
    This anime just came out and its already getting a crossover? Lol

Because it's relevant right now instead of waiting a year or so to do a cross over, they are going to do it now to help promote the new anime and in turn promote mabinogi too.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Every Milletian Ever:

It'll NEVER come to NA. Not even a remote chance at it.
    I think it's just to promote the anime in JP, which in turn promotes the source.

Now to watch EP 2, which just came out today.

That is what everyone said before we got the Utawarerumono cross over. :smirk:

Never say never.
    Darkpixie99Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    There wasn't some event portion announced with this was there?
    The quick notice video Liesha made, made it seem like it really was just a gacha.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Even the ad suggest clothes are the only appeal 4 the cross over...I guess playing mabi already covers the base for the cross over theme itself. :*