Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Looking For > Custom Avatars

ImaizumiImaizumi
Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
edited September 26, 2017 in Town Square
Topic in title. Weren't we supposed to get these at some point for the forums? :/
[Deleted User]Sherri

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah, been waiting like 9 months now >_>
    [Deleted User]ImaizumiSherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Meanwhile, in Mabinogi KR Forums... they're high tech with main character avatar selection.
    *Note* Google Translate was used for this screenshot.
    5_s_2byUQ_GK8jWDSOyvMA.png
    ImaizumiSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Meanwhile, in Mabinogi KR Forums... they're high tech with main character avatar selection.

Wow seriously? I'm triggered.
    Nexon, do something about avatars for god's sake... :/
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    They've had this longer than Mabinogi NA has existed. :(
    GMs got the full 3D sim version. Dunno if they still do these days.
    [Deleted User]Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 4, 2017
    Sai wrote: »
    They've had this longer than Mabinogi NA has existed. :(
    GMs got the full 3D sim version. Dunno if they still do these days.

I don't think it's 3D now, just probably uses the internal login screenshot in some file, along with the same main page's guild page mechanism.
    It's magic, but probably just the same magic that's already in place on NA already...just not recycled in a creative way like KR did.
    SXS9e3GnRSG8ZrBfoaiOOw.png

There also seems to be more main site construction completed on KR as opposed to NA, where there's also a security lock or secondary verification as seen here.
    It would be nice to see Nexon KR jet a few people over to NA to recreate this for our devs, or at least email them some instructions, because man is that main Nexon KR page so sleek.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I don't think it's 3D now, just probably uses the internal login screenshot in some file, along with the same main page's guild page mechanism.
    It's magic, but probably just the same magic that's already in place on NA already...just not recycled in a creative way like KR did.
    SXS9e3GnRSG8ZrBfoaiOOw.png
    You are close.

Back when I was super into packet sniffing, I tried to find out how it worked.
    Whenever you logged off, the client uploaded a few files to the server. Stuff like skill hotbar and window pos, as well as updated info for character avatar.
    If you scroll down to the very bottom of http://labo.erinn.biz/cs/top.php to "Load URL", it looked like that. The 2D avatar being the same one in the screenshot folder.

I'm sure they could do the same for our game, but they never did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sherri
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Custom avys are still being looked into, but it would be so nice to have them sooner rather than later...or at least have them behind an approval wall if need be.
    [Deleted User]SherriMesantorgan
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    They can have any wall they want, but it will be knocked down.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The avatars will remain generic. That much has been made clear and swept under the rug.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I'm about expecting that tbh... Just had vain hope to make change qq
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited October 11, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    The avatars will remain generic. That much has been made clear and swept under the rug.

It's happened a few times in the past promised something would return in a few weeks then months later when people asked about after a while they just ignored it, and eventually years later said nope never coming back. This one in particular is about the maid hairstyle for use, but it is the same pattern as I seen with this.
  • GretaGreta
    Disappointed... Smh.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited October 12, 2017
    Sai wrote: »
    I'm sure they could do the same for our game, but they never did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Sad thing is that it was actually used on European server.
    You could see character thumbnails on the website (guild area and such)

• ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Technically it's been over a year since these forums have been out. Maplestory's forums recently got their "be a user for 1 year" achievement and this is the exact same format. It really makes no sense whatsoever as to why it's taking this long for custom avatars.
    Zerukan wrote: »
    Technically it's been over a year since these forums have been out. Maplestory's forums recently got their "be a user for 1 year" achievement and this is the exact same format. It really makes no sense whatsoever as to why it's taking this long for custom avatars.

Priorities.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeah, this is starting to get ridiculous. :/
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I've more or less given up hoping for it at this point.
    Shaeli wrote: »
    I've more or less given up hoping for it at this point.

20-years-ago-we-had-johnny-cash-bob-hope-and-7601351.png
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    ^ I bet they got their own custom avatars.
    KensamaofmariLeilicia