Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Minor QoL tweak for Dan test: No more "Loser Pass"

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
edited September 29, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Okay, so I get it. You finally found yourself a gold sink that we all gotta dump our fortunes into. We can improve ourselves once a day with a wide variety of skills. Then, you make us wait until the next day to pass another test. Nobody's rushing this content, which in some ways can only be a good thing.

There's a big problem with this of course: The "Loser Pass".

Let's be clear. Scrambling to hit the "exit" button so that you don't "Loser pass" by accident is NOT fun gameplay. For anyone. And I consider myself to have one of the better internet connections around here. The so-called "two little clicks" are all well and good unless you're not fast enough. And then, your day is entirely wasted.

So I have this suggestion: Do not count "Loser pass" as a pass. Simple. Efficient. To the point. Doesn't give us any unfair advantage. You don't even have to give us the medals. You simply say "you failed the test" and let us players burn our gold trying again.

Seriously, it sounds stupid but would be a very nice tweak.
Polychrome, Alexina
  1. Make my life easier!10 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (8 votes)
    2. No
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Better yet, just make the game ask us whether we want it to count or not. If you agree, it will proceed as it does now. If you disagree, it'll do as you said and not let it count nor give any rewards, but it won't go on the real-life day cooldown.

[I still want the difficulty for some tests to be made appropriate though, there is some stupid imbalance going on.]

Support.
  • EvilJinnEvilJinn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    edited October 15, 2017
    Support.

At first, I thought it was just my reflexes messing with me since I often have problems with them. Then I'd go into missions and use the same skills and realize it was not me at all.

I'd like for dan testing to be fixed in general. Adding another 1 1/2 minutes to the timer even would be an improvement to the daily insanity of trying to pass these tests. Another alternative would be letting us get more A or S to move to the next rank. Maybe let us use our own gear since we can now solo these and not wait for a group.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, I don't approve of the fact that if you get a certain setup (I've seen this in Engineering Dan) that you can only get an S rank at best.