Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

ChaseuChaseu
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited October 18, 2017 in General Chat

Is anyone else excited about this? I might finally be able to get some irl friends play if this comes to us.
offwithyourheadsSherriMeypawcalypseVimi[Deleted User]Ktty

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think this was mentioned in another thread a while back.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5525/oh-new-mabinogi
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    .. Seems like they took more care in that game then this one xD. from the movement to npc's and the combat.. Its better then what we have now.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I kind of hope it comes out, hopefully along with Global MapleStory 2.
    Still dying for that one.
  • ScyoniScyoni
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    Oops, responded to the wrong topic - but here's my thoughts.

I'd love another MMO that has mechanics like mabi but better graphics/physics/sound, but this phone thing? No way. Playing any rpg on a phone is clumsy at best, the controls simply can't compare to mouse and keyboard, there isn't enough screen space to have more than maybe 8 skills ready to go real-time, the screens aren't conducive to longer play sessions or really exploring an alternate world. I love add-on apps like some games' auction house or the squires thing we never got, but I can't see playing a traditional MMO on mobile no matter how they butcher they interface.
    RukiyaJazmyn
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited October 18, 2017
    I don't know what will run out faster, the phones/devices battery or my HP/SP/MP.

I wonder if the concept of face-recognition along with your in-game avatar could somehow be combined in a concept so you can login the game that way. I mean this idea is not really new but it would make logging in the game quicker.

Another thing would be unique is if somehow your friends in-game and your "friends" in reality had an augmented filter on them telling who they are in the game; a digital/analog identification to see if they are players of the game.
    It could work offline (so you can tell if they are players even if they are not logged in) as well online which will enable the person holding the device to point the camera at them and a filter will appear indicating they are a player. All of this can be turned off or on of course.
    I wish you can drag and drop items onto who ever is in your screen to help them or gift to them while playing the game. If you have a pet in-reality, you can also drag and drop things - I wish this concept would be realized.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 19, 2017
    I still prefer old Mabinogi than that phone crap. Graphics look weird, style as well. And come on, this is 2017, who still kill bears with 4 people???
    SiodhanHazurahYangKoeteCarlizeSherriScyoniSaiXiokun
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Meh.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 18, 2017
    Tbh...I will more than likely play it. But...they better not pull some pc only na version like we did with...Duel of Summoners. Eh...

MABINOGI. MABINOGI. MABINOGI. MABINOGI DUEL NOT DUEL SUMMONERS. MABINOGI HEROES NOT VINDICTUS. Thanks for ruining the franchise AGAIN. Idiots. Smh.

If you asshats release this game here it BETTER be under the title MA-BI-NO-GI. Understand? You ruined the franchise by changing the names and thus stunted it's exposure. I've said this before, when you guys released Vindictus NO ONE HAD ANY IDEA IT WAS RELATED TO MABINOGI. I posted about it in the old forums on here and people were like what? Then you did it again with the card game. DO NOT EFFING DO IT AGAIN WHEN YOU RELEASE THIS GAME HERE.
    SherrioffwithyourheadsEramystkapapa
  • bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    .. Seems like they took more care in that game then this one xD. from the movement to npc's and the combat.. Its better then what we have now.

it's just newer- this game was made like 15 years ago.

Looks good but I wouldn't be playing Mabi on the go. it's a fun game to play at home but I'm not taking it further than that.

Eramyst
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited October 19, 2017
    A-a-ara?.. breathes heavily t-t-t-this is like what I want for our current mabi..from the mobility to combat to gestures *drool* *breathing intensifies*
    Nexon why you no make our main game like this? I don't even use a dang mobile for games and such...

...I argue that I like pc Mabi's animation more than mobile though... although future pc mabi getting even better anime quality and animation than the current, would be even better o-ob
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Tayloreski
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    What we have now could be this good if it were driven by a modern-day game engine. (eg. Pleione versus Unity3D is like Night versus Day, and Unity is cross-platform). Many people are turned off by this amazing album of Mabinogi in a modern-day engine, because they think it removes the cartoonish feel (and I agree, it does), but it's just an example and it can still be done in such a way (just as good) as to maintain that cartoon feel (obviously); plus get all of the modern-day extras, such as Gravity and Real-Time Physics (Jumping, Falling, Hair, Water, Sand, etc.). :cookie:

PS.. ~ And that technically is this (the video in the main post is technically what'll become of Mabinogi in the future; a global hit). :mrgreen:

*blehh* S-Stop. Too realistic, not enough anime-y. ... Even though that's better graphics, I love mabi because it's cute and fluffy. I'd love to see how Mabinogi would have high quality like that and at the same time be anime-ish, cuteish, "cartoonish", like you said. ... OH MY GOD JUMPING? YES PLEASE. FALLING TOO. HOW ABOUT SWIMMING, AND CLIMBING STUFF? :D
    Whenever the word "Swimming" is put into the news titles, Im like "Did they add swimming mechanic maybeh? :DD" ....... "haha lolno."

...I'm asking for swimming when there's so many other issues to deal with. I'm asking for too much. I'm sorry. I know. ._.
    YangKoetepawcalypseGretaSherri[Deleted User]kapapa
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited October 19, 2017
    A silly venture. I would've preferred all that effort go into a new engine for the current game than another potential cash grab that could crash and burn.
    ScyoniPeloikapapa
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I still prefer old Mabinogi than that phone crap. Graphics look weird, style as well. And come on, this is 2017, who still kill bears with 4 people???

People who get killed by foxes?
    pawcalypse
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310

I wonder how difficult it is is now to get that title?
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Oria wrote: »

If you make a new character, aggro a fox as soon as you're out, don't fight it and bam you're dead.
    Or on your regular character, make yourself go on deadly and 100% wounds aggro a fox and don't fight it.
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310

If you make a new character, aggro a fox as soon as you're out, don't fight it and bam you're dead.
    Or on your regular character, make yourself go on deadly and 100% wounds aggro a fox and don't fight it.

Oh, don't forget the age 17 part, or does that not matter anymore?
  • GretaGreta

Oh, don't forget the age 17 part, or does that not matter anymore?

It matters.
    pawcalypse
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    To be honest, I think that if the shading was fleshed out a bit more like they're doing with Peria Chronicles, then it might look like an official app rather than a company made official self knock off.
    Unfortunately, most Mabinogi fashionistas are far too invested on the PC version to even consider starting over on an app...unless account data can be synced by some large miracle.
    And again like @Gaea says, Nexon NA is far too dull witted to pull off proper titles to give exposure to the original inspiration.
    If this were Square Enix, it would be Mabinogi Summoners/Duel, Mabinogi Prelude, and Mabinogi Mobile.
    Seriously, was there a copyright issue or more of a staff issue with the first two?
    It wouldn't have been much of a problem for KR to just globalize and translate the app instead, thus giving NA more time and saving so much more money in the process.
    Sherrioffwithyourheads
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 20, 2017
    To be honest, I think that if the shading was fleshed out a bit more like they're doing with Peria Chronicles, then it might look like an official app rather than a company made official self knock off.
    Unfortunately, most Mabinogi fashionistas are far too invested on the PC version to even consider starting over on an app...unless account data can be synced by some large miracle.
    And again like @Gaea says, Nexon NA is far too dull witted to pull off proper titles to give exposure to the original inspiration.
    If this were Square Enix, it would be Mabinogi Summoners/Duel, Mabinogi Prelude, and Mabinogi Mobile.
    Seriously, was there a copyright issue or more of a staff issue with the first two?
    It wouldn't have been much of a problem for KR to just globalize and translate the app instead, thus giving NA more time and saving so much more money in the process.

Are you assuming my hobby? I mainly wouldn't leave PC version just because of my progression on skills, quests, my pet collection and such. Also i don't like playing games on phones since all you need to do is constantly spam tap the screen of your phone when playing. Nope... Sounds like a stupid idea on the game that originally have poop ton of skills, functions and so on.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My only complaints are that my phone will either not be able to run it ..(iPhone 5c, apparently is 'outdated' now.)..
    and also the fact that my phone is so small.
    I play this one game called Toram Online. BEAUTIFUL world, but it's so dang small because of my phone, I can't fully enjoy it.. :(