Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What happens to the shurikens people already have?

Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
Mabinogi Rep: 705
in General Chat
Do we just have to make new ones because they decided to raise the artisan stats?

Comments

• MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    If you're able to use an artisan removal that's about as much as you can do with an old shuriken, if you had it fully upgraded then... yea, new one. It's a bit sad and annoying :(
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    edited October 21, 2017
    Do we just have to make new ones because they decided to raise the artisan stats?

Well, if you consider your shurikens were doing enough damage, you can keep them.
    But if you want the best of the best, yes, you have to make new ones (assuming you can't remove artisan).
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I think you can't remove artisan after you special upgrade it.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    r6umxP3.gif

Oh god, a gif that actually made me smile and feel nostalgic as well. :D
    [Deleted User]
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited October 21, 2017
    What happened to the dustins people already had?

There's your answer. :smirk:

It's a little bit different when they outdate an item that you already have and make it so you can't fix it. Releasing a new item is not the same. They're not even going to the effort of giving us anything new, just trying to add another grind wall for players that already had the gear by raising the standards without even releasing anything. As usual, someone not coming to provide a legitimate answer, but just to make a passive aggressive snide comment to make themselves feel good. Nice.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I'm stuck with the one I have. It's fully upgraded step 6, and it has shadow bind duration reforge on it.
    It does enough damage for me to be happy with :p
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm remaking mine.

Though, I specifically never got invested in my shurikens because I'd hoped this update would come.
    Never special upgraded or reforged them, so it... wasn't exactly a hard decision for me. :sweat_smile:

Extra 5 base dura, the artisan boost, and the change from 1h to 2h R-type upgrade kept me from wanting to go all out on my old ones.
    Plus back when I made my old shurikens I didn't have access to all the little boosts, like GM Blacksmith or Dan 3 Blacksmithing.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Greta wrote: »
    r6umxP3.gif

Actually, it's pronounced "gif"
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 21, 2017
    jjeremy wrote: »

Don't see a big difference, but sure grammar nazzi iHUHPgR.png
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    You cry.
    I don't know, I have been using a Starblade Shuriken and it's been serving me well.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I have a fully upgraded and enchanted step 6 Anju shuriken that I'll go on using, even though it's now no longer top of the line, at least until events cough up enough red protection stones to get a new one up to the same level. -_-
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Got the Anju's Shuriken from the current urn gacha and already have it special upgraded with 3 line reforge and max artisan rolls.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    What happened to the dustins people already had?

There's your answer. :smirk:

It's a little bit different when they outdate an item that you already have and make it so you can't fix it. Releasing a new item is not the same. They're not even going to the effort of giving us anything new, just trying to add another grind wall for players that already had the gear by raising the standards without even releasing anything. As usual, someone not coming to provide a legitimate answer, but just to make a passive aggressive snide comment to make themselves feel good. Nice.

This is why Nexon didn't want to release this update even when Korea got it ages ago
    Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Not the first time this has happened, but it's definitely the same result. (gotta remake)

When Music updated to become its own talent, instruments gained upgrades for music buff effect and such.
    If you had an old instrument, upgraded for dura (and whatever else you upgraded an instrument for before the update), it was instantly obsolete.
    You pretty much had to trash it and upgrade a new one.

When the Archery update came, and crossbows gained piercing, any pre-existing crossbows didn't have it.
    Same deal, instantly obsolete. Gotta remake.

And reaching even further back, much the same thing can be said for wands upgraded for Mana Evaporation reduction.
    Mana Evaporation was removed, but those wands stayed upgraded for Mana Evaporation reduction... to no effect.
    Trash and remake, yet again.

Weirdly in that last example, some pre-existing items were changed, instead of being made obsolete.
    Mana Evaporation stones turned into MP restoratives, and Palala Spellbooks (and any other spellbook with -Mana Evap on it) were changed to MP Regen boost.

Maybe it just takes too much work to change pre-existing weapons' stats?
    I dunno...
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

The same thing that happenned to Xbow before the update. It becomes vintage~ B)
    Sherri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    @Iyasenu correct, aside from the bard part. Lyres and Gloomies already existed at the time, were not modified in any (significant) way and were already the top of the line before. We just got additional instruments that also had buff effect upgrades, which should have been the case on every single one of them in the first place. Though in a progressive manner, since some instruments are more difficult to acquire than others.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What happens is that they oxidize and rust and become brittle before falling apart.
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    r6umxP3.gif

Its pronounced jif, with a j sound. Even though its spelled gif.
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Rhey wrote: »

The same thing that happenned to Xbow before the update. It becomes vintage~ B)

Xbows got nerfed, they didn't get a buff. In fact all I've seen are archery nerfs, not including p2w.