Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween spirit

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
in General Chat
With Halloween just around the corner, it can be fun to get into the Halloween spirit in game.
This is happening plenty on Tarlach, and it is always a joy to just have some good fun with people.

eWqO2KT.jpg

Are you having some Halloween Spirit in game?
Lets have a positive topic for this occasion.
Or a spooky one. Spoopy works too.
DANIartsbadnewsbarrettSherriNegumikoIrisMabi
  1. Are you enjoying the Halloween Spirit?26 votes
    1. Yes!
       73% (19 votes)
    2. No, I hate fun.
       27% (7 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Just 5 more days til CANDYYYYY!

I kinda wish the game world had more halloween decorations around towns.

Like jack o' lanterns, those little ghost things, the orange and purple flags and such.
    DANIartsbadnewsbarrett
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I feel like there should be a halloween special contest or event.
    Remember the Halloween event where you have to fight the little girl and the teddybear? something like that but 100x better.
    or see if we can create our own unique halloween item that - if picked by nexon(or whoever makes the hairstyles, etc.) will be the next thing that people will probably want.
    like uhh....if you know about a website called flightrising, people make skins and stuff for dragons to which mods or the game creator will choose the best one for the event that you can buy or get in a raffle. Something like that can be fun o: for any holiday!
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    You know what would be fun? If they made it so on Halloween, you could trick or treat around to the different NPCs; you could go to each one once, and they'd give you different items.
    DANIartsSherriJazmynSylviaWolfeoffwithyourheadsSphyra21kapapa
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    You know what would be fun? If they made it so on Halloween, you could trick or treat around to the different NPCs; you could go to each one once, and they'd give you different items.

That would be quite fun! xD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    An event with decent drop rates for goodies would be great but I'm asking too much.

Yes, I'm this threads Grinch. I'm 'too old' to go out so it's another day for me. -_-
    badnewsbarrettDANIartsoffwithyourheads
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Sherri wrote: »
    An event with decent drop rates for goodies would be great but I'm asking too much.

Yes, I'm this threads Grinch. I'm 'too old' to go out so it's another day for me. -_-

Can NEVER be "too old" for this! Even if you don't go "trick or treating" in the real world, just have a Halloween party with friends or do a Halloween event of your own? :'3
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    mabi11.png

I'm ready for candy!!! :D
    (I'm pretty much a loner.. so I celebrate by myself)
    DANIartsSherripawcalypseoffwithyourheads
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Harukari wrote: »
    mabi11.png

I can celebrate it with you if you'd like xD
    Harukari
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Harukari wrote: »
    mabi11.png

what does this look animated? anyone have a gif?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I don't have halloween spirit because where I live we don't celebrate it. I only know about halloween from american movies
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ShouK wrote: »
    I don't have halloween spirit because where I live we don't celebrate it. I only know about halloween from american movies

>.> you dont need to to have it. Halloween spirit isnt just the trick or treating.. You can always celebrate it on your own
    http://www.kidspot.com.au/things-to-do/seasonal/halloween/13-fun-ways-to-celebrate-halloween-without-trick-or-treating/news-story/05600d160e1ed6e29063ffd2702e0678
    You can even do it in your own way, My way irl is just dying my hair for the season. So at the moment its black and orange.
    badnewsbarrettDANIarts
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Samhain begins at that time too.
    NilremJazmynSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited October 26, 2017
    DANNYdani wrote: »

That would be quite fun! xD

They did that once, ages ago back in G2 or G3 as an event. Going around to the different NPCs and getting candy from them. I remember it! Some of the things you could get were Halloween Pumpkin Jelly, Halloween Wrapped Candy, Owl cookie, etc. Back then, we didn't have cooking recipes for these things (nor did we recover stamina by changing channels, I don't think?), so it was kind of cool to get food items that we had never seen before. And I was happy when they did finally implement recipes for these items.

Basically, all the Halloween recipes we have used to be part of this event.
    badnewsbarrettJazmynDANIartspawcalypseSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    They did that once, ages ago back in G2 or G3 as an event. Going around to the different NPCs and getting candy from them. I remember it! Some of the things you could get were Halloween Pumpkin Jelly, Halloween Wrapped Candy, Owl cookie, etc. Back then, we didn't have cooking recipes for these things (nor did we recover stamina by changing channels, I don't think?), so it was kind of cool to get food items that we had never seen before. And I was happy when they did finally implement recipes for these items.

Oh wow, I never knew that o.o It'd be cool if we could get that again, maybe with some updated prizes, like have some give out candy and some could give out something else, maybe some could give pieces to an outfit or something. I think it'd be really fun.
    JazmynDANIartspawcalypseSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 26, 2017

Oh wow, I never knew that o.o It'd be cool if we could get that again, maybe with some updated prizes, like have some give out candy and some could give out something else, maybe some could give pieces to an outfit or something. I think it'd be really fun.

THIS. <3 ALL of what you both say, is why I'm disappointed by these events we have been having lately. Interactive events like this again would be great!

Constant potions that are not tradable in between your own characters and materials are a huge disapointment too....

Halloween is my favorite time of year, and sitting around is not why I play Mabinogi, so what do I get for my hardwork with the Halloween event? Nothing to show for it... no one goes in my homestead, and I don't sit in one place long enough while I am at the computer to enjoy a decoration.... want equips, that aren't random chance... Sorry for being a "Grinch" too...

I love Halloween though...
    DANIartsSherri
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Jazmyn wrote: »

THIS. <3 ALL of what you both say, is why I'm disappointed by these events we have been having lately. Interactive events like this again would be great!

Constant potions that are not tradable in between your own characters and materials are a huge disapointment too....

Halloween is my favorite time of year, and sitting around is not why I play Mabinogi, so what do I get for my hardwork with the Halloween event? Nothing to show for it... no one goes in my homestead, and I don't sit in one place long enough while I am at the computer to enjoy a decoration.... want equips, that aren't random chance... Sorry for being a "Grinch" too...

I love Halloween though...

I wish something like that would happen, maybe have like a Halloween action, makes your eyes pop out in a cartoon fashion and make you scared(like how Shaggy is in scoobydoo)
    JazmynSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I was contemplating dying my outfit orange, but I am a bit poor at the moment because I don't have that much time to play.

:(
    SherriJazmynDANIarts
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! :D

:o :o :o :D XD :)
    offwithyourheads
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    k1fcAXM.gif
    offwithyourheadsJazmyn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 31, 2017
    Yay. Stuck at home. Online. Doing nothing.
    Sigh
    Mmm I guess I can get back to watching Attack on Titan Season 2..