Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forum Issues and Bugs

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
edited December 15, 2016 in Bugs and Glitches
Hello Milletians!

Now that the new forums are here, there may be some tweaking that needs to be done and this is where you come in! If you happen upon an issue on the new forums, please post it here and explain in detail what exactly happened and how you got the bug. Screenshots will also be very helpful!

Thank you!

Comments

• DennouNekoDennouNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited December 15, 2016
    Just pointing out, that there still are some texts missing. Example of badge page:
  • DennouNekoDennouNeko
    Sabina
    Sabina said:

I will have this checked out!
    Just changed avatar and then clicked the notification.
    Also, the notification title was missing too (again, looked like yaga.badge.*).

Just in case, my system locale is non-english, though mosts of the texts display properly, so doubt this would be affecting it.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Typo - Suggestons should be Suggestions

• Brian1Brian1
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Member, Administrator
    edited December 15, 2016
    DennouNeko

Sabina
    Sabina said:

Just in case, my system locale is non-english, though mosts of the texts display properly, so doubt this would be affecting it.
    Hi DennouNeko, can you tell me which browser you are using?

• SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    The linked text "Go to main site" at the top of the forum pages dosen't direct you to the main site
    The Mabinogi logo, also at the top of the forum pages, the link embeded in it also dosen't take you to the main site
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited December 15, 2016
    SacredFlair

The linked text "Go to main site" at the top of the forum pages dosen't direct you to the main site
    The Mabinogi logo, also at the top of the forum pages, the link embeded in it also dosen't take you to the main site
    If your referring to 'Go to Official Site' at the top left it works for me. Are you using a browser other than IExplorer? The logo links to the main forum page though. Not sure if that's supposed to go there or to the official site.
  • DennouNekoDennouNeko

DennouNeko

Sabina
    Sabina said:

Hi DennouNeko, can you tell me which browser you are using?

Using stable Opera v41.0.2353.69 on 64 bit Windows 7.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

So I noticed this is starting to happen more and more when trying to post comments.

64 bit Windows 10 using Chrome v55.0.2883.87
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I've noticed that the page navigation numbers don't change in a noticeable fashion to reflect which page you are currently viewing of a thread or forum section.
    Here's a screenshot of the bar on the front page of Town Square
    And here's page two

I think the current page is ever so slightly bolded, but I seriously can't tell unless I compare screenshots right next to each other like this. If it'd be possible, would the dev team be able to change that current page number into something a bit more differentiable from the rest of the numbers?
    DaktaroShadoe
  • KttyKtty
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

I've noticed that the page navigation numbers don't change in a noticeable fashion to reflect which page you are currently viewing of a thread or forum section.

I think the current page is ever so slightly bolded, but I seriously can't tell unless I compare screenshots right next to each other like this. If it'd be possible, would the dev team be able to change that current page number into something a bit more differentiable from the rest of the numbers?
    The current page is more bold but it's very hard to see. It definitely needs more contrast from the others so we don't have to stare and squint to try and tell which page we're on.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

SacredFlair

If your referring to 'Go to Official Site' at the top left it works for me. Are you using a browser other than IExplorer? The logo links to the main forum page though. Not sure if that's supposed to go there or to the official site.
    I'm using Firefox

• SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Hardmuscle

SacredFlair

The linked text "Go to main site" at the top of the forum pages dosen't direct you to the main site.
    For me; The 'GO TO OFFICIAL SITE' link (in the upper left corner of this page) is linked to http://mabinogi.nexon.net/, at first glance.

By this I mean, if you have not already visited http://mabinogi.nexon.net/ once before, or since the last time you cleaned out your browser cookies; There are (as far as I know), two other places you could possibly end up at (after clicking on that link), and they are (at this time) mabinogi.nexon.net/landing/ and/or mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/musicq. When you reach either one of those pages, there is a button at the bottom to skip to the main page. After the first visit to the main page (after loading its cookie); you won't see the other two pages when using that link (unless you clear your cookies again). There's probably more than two of those pages, but I've only ran into two of them so far. image

A few moments ago; I tested this in the latest version of Chrome, the latest version of Firefox, the latest version of Microsoft Edge, and the latest version of Internet Explorer; and they all have the exact same behavior regarding that link. ~ I'm using 64-bit Windows 10 Home. image
    For me the link is http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/32/forum-issues-and-bugs/OfficialSiteLink for this page and changes accordingly to where on the forums I'm currently at. It removes the page number part and replaces it with "OfficialSiteLink".

• MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    It appears that some of the "Simple HTML" has decided to not work, at least quotes and images. Text styles may also be broken. Quote markdowns are simply being completely integrated/eaten by the comment they're merged with. Images are just flat out not showing as if the tags aren't even there. A prime example of this is any post in the Fan Creations forum where art examples and references are not displaying.

This is the case for me at least in Firefox and Chrome on both desktop and mobile.
  • KttyKtty
    edited December 23, 2016
    MediaKlepto

It appears that some of the "Simple HTML" has decided to not work, at least quotes and images. Text styles may also be broken. Quote markdowns are simply being completely integrated/eaten by the comment they're merged with. Images are just flat out not showing as if the tags aren't even there. A prime example of this is any post in the Fan Creations forum where art examples and references are not displaying.

This is the case for me at least in Firefox and Chrome on both desktop and mobile.
    @MediaKlepto They are currently turned off (and thus not broken). There is even a post about it (link below). Someone had done a bad thing with the html that caused a problem and ruined things for the rest of us while Nexon works on it so it can't be done again.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/668/forum-features-adjustment
    [Deleted User]
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Just an update,

I just encountered the same issue @Hardmuscle had, and it kept logging me out after I clicked on any thread/section.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    I was traveling this past week and noticed that the mobile version of the forums does not display a "last post by" or when the last post on a thread was made. The display is still sorted by the most recent posts, but I don't know who posted it or when until I load a thread. I understand that the mobile site is condensed for phone displays, but I kinda feel that knowing when/who a post was made to a thread is important.

Because HTML is currently disabled, direct link to the front view of the General Section on my phone: http://i.imgur.com/n7Cr7Kz.png
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 27, 2016
    @Buffalos

On my iPhone, I see the timestamps on when the last post was made, but I do not see who it was made by.

It would be pretty neat to see who it was made by though.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Korore
    Korore said:

@Buffalos

On my iPhone, I see the timestamps on when the last post was made, but I do not see who it was made by.

It would be pretty neat to see who it was made by though.
    Oh then this might be a resolution detection thing and not a complete lack of the feature. If you can see when the last post was made though, they should just put in who made it as well.
  • snowkitty1023snowkitty1023
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,400
    keeps logging me out and i cant check my messages
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Back on desktop for this one. In sections that have child categories (ie, Bugs & Glitches has a child category called Archived Threads) there are no direct links to said child categories aside for on the forum homepage proper:
    image http://i.imgur.com/nRTQnHR.png

Below are screenshots of the B&G section itself. I cannot locate a direct link to the Archived Threads sub section on this page, but since it is a child category to it there should be a link for it in here.
    image http://i.imgur.com/hQOqlk3.png
    image http://i.imgur.com/qsjqKZX.png

This only applies to B&G right now (and thus, bothers literally no one but me), but this might prove to be a hindrance should new sub-sections be made. My suggestion would be to include a header similar to the old forums that directs the user to sub-sections within a broad forum section:
    image http://i.imgur.com/vMLoCra.png