Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Need a honest opinion from the community.

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
in General Chat
As the cycle of games goes, everyone tends to return "home" once they run out of things to do. So, here I am wonder if mabi is worth coming back to. The last time I played was ~June (I think it was before memento for sure though) and just wanted to know... How has the updates been? Same old stuff? A lot of the memento stuff looks interesting but reeks of p2w (More reforges...) and seeing as how I missed a lot of hair coupons and outfits I wanted (patassier[sp?] for male) which I imagine has an insane price tag right now, I'm struggling to want to come back. Other than memento it honestly doesn't look like much changed at all which is rather disappointing.

I'm not hating, along side runescape mabi has been my home since middle school. Lots of fond memories, friends and other things go with the game(s) too. So guys, is it worth investing more time in?

(Looking at my character reminded me just before leaving I blew 45m on reforges and got sheeeeeeet all)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well we had the Ninja revamp very recently. Come sometime around the end of the year we'll be getting a new talent. We're getting steam punk gear soon - that is something we've wanted for years.

Memento is not pay to win, it doesn't involve real money. O_o
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited October 31, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well we had the Ninja revamp very recently. Come sometime around the end of the year we'll be getting a new talent. We're getting steam punk gear soon - that is something we've wanted for years.

Thank you for the insight, it's very much appreciated as I'm just going off rumors and tidbits of information I've caught floating around. How's the player base doing?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Thank you for the insight, it's very much appreciated as I'm just going off rumors and tidbits of information I've caught floating around. How's the player base doing?

It's been ok. It will get better with the upcoming content down the road.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Well, to correct the rumors: Memento's "reforges" are in Echo Stones. A type of equipment powered up and maintained by running a specific endgame level dungeon. Not quite phantasm though, much easier. The reforge effects are applied to the echo stones via a machine at the end after the boss is defeated. So the exact opposite of P2W.

As for the playerbase, it really depends on which server you were on and what your perception of a healthy number is.
    (Believe me, topics over servers have been long overdone.)

Future updates include Squire missions, Chain Slash (also known as sword whip dark magic/ivy from soul caliber) and KR is expected to have G21 in the coming months.
    I mean we could get some other stuff too, but looking back we suddenly caught up to KR super fast.

Also yes, hair coupons are expensive. In other news the sky is blue and nexon sells gacha.

The game is still fun though.
    Only complaint is that the Halloween event this year is a bit lackluster, but we get a cute little slime to follow us so I guess I'm content.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This thread again lol.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Nilrem wrote:
    snip
    That is actually wonderful to hear, am/was on Alexina so it's probably about the same but that's fine.
    Greta wrote: »
    This thread again lol.
    Yeah how dare I as an individual want information from the community of a game I like. Try and keep it on topic instead of just flaming please.
    SherribadnewsbarrettXiokunVitulaMeyYokkaichiSheena
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 31, 2017
    Nilrem wrote:
    snip
    That is actually wonderful to hear, am/was on Alexina so it's probably about the same but that's fine.
    This thread again lol.
    Yeah how dare I as an individual want information from the community of a game I like. Try and keep it on topic instead of just flaming please.

LOL usually I am the one who gets yelled at for comments like that. RIP.

OP it's not supposed to be an offensive comment. What Greta was pointing out is that this kind of thread has a tendency to start server wars.

Greta you should know better. Lol.
    Leilicia
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Depending on your server, Patissier set is pretty cheap imo.
  • GretaGreta
    If you like this game so much, you should just go and play it... o-o
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840

Sorry but I agree with Greta. More than petty server wars, you could just as easily login and see for yourself how the game is doing, and look back through the announcements to find out what's new. I wonder how many people debate whether the game is "worth" coming back to, and end up not bothering due to what people say or what their preconceived notions about the game are.

That being said, there's been quite a few updates. Come back. If you like it, stay. If you don't like it, leave. It's pretty simple.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 31, 2017
    Carlize wrote: »

Sorry but I agree with Greta. More than petty server wars, you could just as easily login and see for yourself how the game is doing, and look back through the announcements to find out what's new. I wonder how many people debate whether the game is "worth" coming back to, and end up not bothering due to what people say or what their preconceived notions about the game are.

That being said, there's been quite a few updates. Come back. If you like it, stay. If you don't like it, leave. It's pretty simple.

This ^^^^^ 100%. That's why i lol'd at this thread.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    They're right though. I'm currently trying to coerce my ig son to comeback by enticing him with ninja revamp. Didn't work, ( ' : so yeah just pop in and look around xD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    All servers kinda suck. There. With that out of the way..;
    Everything was pretty much said.
    Uh.. well.. if you return today, you can claim you came back on Halloween? :D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

This ^^^^^ 100%. That's why i lol'd at this thread.

I see we forgot what a forum does. They can make a thread asking how the game is and honestly, I would too.
    I'd get swarmed with content and not even know what to do first.
    Some people like everything explained and isn't that what a loving community should do to help out an old friend?
    We should I dunno.. help them?
    If anything, people like you are going to give everyone the impression that our community is a bunch of ten year olds.
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 31, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I see we forgot what a forum does. They can make a thread asking how the game is and honestly, I would too.
    I'd get swarmed with content and not even know what to do first.
    Some people like everything explained and isn't that what a loving community should do to help out an old friend?
    We should I dunno.. help them?
    If anything, people like you are going to give everyone the impression that our community is a bunch of ten year olds.

Oh okay, gotcha grown up.

It's still useless to ask tho because we don't even know when exactly OP started hiatus and what they are interested in. Oh and guess what? I'm 95% sure there might be a person or two who would come in to this thread and just say "No. Don't come back. Not worth it." and such, which makes me ask why they are even here then. If you are interested and still love this game, just download and play instead of waiting for trolls to reply, god dammit.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 31, 2017
    tbh...check it 4 urself and see?

/shrug

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited October 31, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Only complaint is that the Halloween event this year is a bit lackluster, but we get a cute little slime to follow us so I guess I'm content.

I'm glad I read this because I would've missed getting the mini gem if not xD

@Hellkaizer to answer your question though, we have gotten a few new things since then, like Ninja update and the flying update and the Dan levels, etc. The Halloween event is going on right now and you can get some cute chairs and Homestead items. As others pointed out, we're due to get some content updates eventually.

My suggestion is, if you want to know exactly what you missed, go on the Mabi homepage and look through some of the Announcements you missed to see what was added, or go on the Mabi twitch and watch some of the videos posted there.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I recommend exploring the forgotten content of Mabinogi by talking to npcs, doing random quests, and finding stuff in dungeon chests and ignoring new and sparkly stuff to truly immerse yourself again. Read books, try and walk around instead of insta warping , get to know npcs on a personal level, and soak it all in. Find some friends who might enjoy that too and really enjoy it together. :)
    badnewsbarrettSherriMeyCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 31, 2017
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Depending on your server, Patissier set is pretty cheap imo.

Savage.
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I recommend exploring the forgotten content of Mabinogi by talking to npcs, doing random quests, and finding stuff in dungeon chests and ignoring new and sparkly stuff to truly immerse yourself again. Read books, try and walk around instead of insta warping , get to know npcs on a personal level, and soak it all in. Find some friends who might enjoy that too and really enjoy it together. :)

You are on your way to 10k buddy. ^_^
    Xiokun
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited October 31, 2017
    Thanks a lot for the answers guys, I am gonna download and give it a shot. And to everyone saying "Why not download it and find out" well, some of us have ****** data caps on internet monthly and need to be pretty careful as to not go over limits.
    수융_RuairiSherri