Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is the new event gonna beee? Kyaaaa~

KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
edited November 8, 2017 in General Chat
I wonder what it's gona be, I wonder what it's gonna beee? :D

Haven't you been a bit lazy with your events lately Nexonn? D: I mean, do this sm, fish this up, afk and then get this shiiinny prize of an outfit., chair, hs prop, or wings. I mean, I'd rather something a bit more combat based or the outfit to be an amaazing armor, but if the event itself was more fun, I wouldn't care what the prize is.
The past events were like, go smash this watermelon (that was meh tho), snowball fight!, race each other to the end of the maze!, CATCH THE OTHER TEAMS FLAG COMPETITIVENESS, defend the castle!. That got my blood boiling. But these aren't really events, it's nothing different. It's just do this boring thing you probably do everyday to get this pretty thing.

So I hope it's something fuuun~ I can't wait *u*

(my hopes were crushed so bad when I stayed up all night and found out that our Halloween event was to do shadow mission dailies :s )
  1. What's the event gonna bee? :D :D17 votes
    1. Afk, fish, daily sm, boring whatever...just do it for the prize
       35% (6 votes)
    2. Exciting new/reused event-o!
       65% (11 votes)

Comments

• KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited November 8, 2017
    Oh right, there was a stream recently. I wasn't able to watch it. Rather I don't watch it even if I could because in-real people make me cringe, and I was just starting to get used to Sabina then came back after hiatus and poof she's gone......
    So I guess most of everyone else already knows what it is :(
    Nerdylicious
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 8, 2017
    I would say do not expect anything of Crossover events, but Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works' crossover was pretty enjoyable in terms of the Dice of Fate mini game. Cannot say I got bored.

Though, one also has to remember the....

Sword Art Online Dungeon Spam Event and Fishing.
    Utawarerumono's being just a shuffle and a Gachapon.

????

Overall, I would say the odds are stacked against us, but then again, factors to consider is the recency of better crossover events, as well as the breadth of the Net-juu no Susume world, which would provide ample inspiration for events.

Honestly? The anime seems too new, and the amount of Pro-Mabinogi exposure has me suspicious on the nature. It may very well be an advertising of a game that advertises Mabinogi in return. The anime is quite great, but the nature of its premise and occasional references has me wonder for what reason the Developers really chose this franchise for a crossover.

Point? This may explain why the event is more advertising than event. Of course, it bears to mention the source material is fairly old, first published in 2013.
    Sherri
  • 6f09096f0909
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,340
    edited November 8, 2017
    I would say do not expect anything of Crossover events, but Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works' crossover was pretty enjoyable in terms of the Dice of Fate mini game. Cannot say I got bored.

????

Overall, I would say the odds are stacked against us, but then again, factors to consider is the recency of better crossover events, as well as the breadth of the Net-juu no Susume world, which would provide ample inspiration for events.

Honestly? The anime seems too new, and the amount of Pro-Mabinogi exposure has me suspicious on the nature. It may very well be an advertising of a game that advertises Mabinogi in return. The anime is quite great, but the nature of its premise and occasional references has me wonder for what reason the Developers really chose this franchise for a crossover.

Point? This may explain why the event is more advertising than event. Of course, it bears to mention the source material is fairly old, first published in 2013.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but you're suspicious that this event is more advertising than event because of the several references the series bears to Mabi? The online game in Net-Juu is pretty much a big reference it itself to Mabinogi. If anything, the creator made such references to pay homage. Heck, the webcomic is much more blatant in these references (Hayashi's respawn area in the manga looks an awful lot like Tir, there's use of a boss key, in the end of a dungeon there's a knock-off Goddess statue, "resurrecting with beginner outfit" etc).
    I see nothing wrong with Nexon deciding to make a crossover with a series that is heavily inspired by Mabinogi. Yes it's advertising, but I wouldn't call it the type to get "suspicious" over.

• 6f09096f0909
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,340
    edited November 8, 2017
    For the upcoming events, aside from the cross-over gacha, there's the return of the Fairy village event, an attendance event where you can get some cool free stuff, Mystic Turkey, and a rehash of the Maple leaf event.

So yeah, nothing really new, but it's still better than nothing imo

Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    A gachapon. Probably filled to the brim with useless junk.
    Just another collab.
    Sigh
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 8, 2017
    6f0909 wrote: »

????

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding, but you're suspicious that this event is more advertising than event because of the several references the series bears to Mabi? The online game in Net-Juu is pretty much a big reference it itself to Mabinogi. If anything, the creator made such references to pay homage. Heck, the webcomic is much more blatant in these references (Hayashi's respawn area in the manga looks an awful lot like Tir, there's use of a boss key, in the end of a dungeon there's a knock-off Goddess statue, "resurrecting with beginner outfit" etc).
    I see nothing wrong with Nexon deciding to make a crossover with a series that is heavily inspired by Mabinogi. Yes it's advertising, but I wouldn't call it the type to get "suspicious" over.

It is alright. My suspicion is on Nexon, not on the author. It is why I put emphasis on the developers in my post, or tried to. My digression is that the source material has published since 2013, and only has now just received an anime currently airing.

I would not count on the Nexon heads and the developers being in the know with many anime adaptations other than potential profit. I love the anime, but my suspicion falls on Nexon for potentially tying a crossover on this relation in order to generate a burst or profit, which may eclipse developing an actual event to what is essentially just a sale.

It isn't wrong to do crossovers, but I am merely speculating as to the actual nature of the crossover in terms of content. Quite frankly, I think many of the events in general have been poor or recycled, and this applies to some amount to crossovers in general.

I have doubts the developers were aware in time for creating an event, as I have doubts that the series' popularity would have garnered enough interest by itself. The tie in nature would have greatly pushed the decision, more than anything.

Of course, I have not heard of Utawarerumono, versus well regarded mega hits like Fullmetal Alchemist, The Fate Franchise, and Sword Art Online. It is possible there is an actual, and my speculation is just that. Speculation.

The sheer amount of unrelated events look unpromising for this crossover.
    Sherri
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    I don't really care about gacha or anime collabs...I just wanted a fun event... phooey :/
  • dorinnadorinna
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    Has any new events started yet like alby 1?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited November 13, 2017
    now you got the answer

boring event

no you silly,
    already knew what was in stream
    and i wont pull my words

SAME BORING EVENT
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Hazurah wrote: »
    now you got the answer

boring event

All because the season just started, and the turning point of the story has yet to show. Any events they have in the anime could've been inspired into Mabi...but I've seen nothing of the sort.
    It was far too early to sell or appeal...especially with yet another "gachapon too crammed full of items to get a set that could've been in a shopping bag" sale.
    SherriNilremBlissfulkill