Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Recovery of an MMO Junkie x Mabinogi Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited November 9, 2017 in Vault
Relive the adventures of Lily and Hayashi from Recovery of an MMO Junkie by running through treacherous dungeons together with your best friend! Conquering Alby Dungeon with your best friend will give you a chance to receive a pair of Meet-Cute Bracelets, just like Lily and Hayashi! Give one pair to your friend and receive special bonuses and effects when you are close to each other! Find out more details here.

00J7Z-ab64a059-c769-4703-be6f-c8fb61278a96.jpg

Recovery of an MMO Junkie Event

Event Dates: Thursday, November 9 - Wednesday, December 13

Event Details

• Run through certain difficulties of Alby and open the end chest to have a chance to receive a Peas in a Pod Gift Box.
  • Difficulties:
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced
  • Advanced Hardmode
  • Open the Peas in a Pod Gift Box to receive a pair of Meet-cute Bracelets!
  • Give one pair of bracelets to another person.
  • If you and your friend both wear the bracelets in the same region, then both players will receive a special effect.
  • Moving Speed +2%
  • Minimum Damage +3
  • Max Damage +3
  • Bracelets must be from the same box to receive the effect.
  • If the distance between wearers is more than 10m, then an arrow effect will appear to show you the direction of the other user.
  • If distance between wearers is under 10m, then a light particle effect will appear around you.

00J7Z-935558e8-e79b-47df-85b1-7117d2d87c2f.png
SherriNegumikoVaughanHazurah

Comments

• LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    edited November 9, 2017
    Is there supposed to be a quest in the event tab, or do I just...what do I do??? e u e;
    I reread and reread this post and I think I get the gist of it. Is the bracelet all we get, or what else is possible?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    There is no quest. You run Alby Intermediate, Advanced, or Advanced Hardmode for a chance at the bracelet.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Ah I see. I did run int but didn't get another int pass and I don't feel like spamming basic until I get int, and then spam that for another int pass or a chance of the bracelet which doesn't seem all that good 'cept to be able to have a general idea where someone is. Oh welp. Maybe the later events that we may get will be better for me xD ty
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I'm not sure if the drop rate is high, or if I'm really lucky, but I got the bracelet on my second run of Alby Advanced (Normal).
    The bracelet can be dyed, which is nice :D
    Sherri
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Yeeaaaah.... color me not interested. Too much work for too little reward. At least the Halloween and Twilight events let you get some snazzy swag and useful consumables, but this little trinket...
    courtneyyJiantoGawaynoHazurah
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    The event is underwhelming. Lots of grinding for a reward that is not worth it. Try again later.
    Gawayno
  • LanteariaLantearia
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Can you solo the dungeon to get the reward, or do you have to run it with others? My friend wants me to get her one, but I've been running it for hours and haven't seen a single box. If I have to run it with others, my schedule doesn't exactly match my friends, which makes the a bit more tricky... Otherwise, I just have the worst luck.
  • BehelitBehelit
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Lantearia wrote: »
    Can you solo the dungeon to get the reward, or do you have to run it with others? My friend wants me to get her one, but I've been running it for hours and haven't seen a single box. If I have to run it with others, my schedule doesn't exactly match my friends, which makes the a bit more tricky... Otherwise, I just have the worst luck.

Yes you can... I got mine from soloing alby for 5 hours.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I actually really enjoy this event. I love having a reason to run dungeons and it's pretty easy to collect int/adv passes and spam, even solo. I got lucky with rng so can now collect some extras to sell.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I watched episode one of the anime so far, and this is a severely underwhelming collaboration event. You run a dungeon (with barely any guidance to do so) for a chance at a rare drop. The SAO and FSN collaborations were far better, even if SAO was terribly done. They could have revamped the dungeon or given other small stuff as consolation prizes from NPC's. Instead, they did pure cash grab with the very minimum for gameplay.
    Take a page from past collaborations. It is possible to do both cash grab and gameplay. This event just isn't any good.
    Esvald
  • EsvaldEsvald
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    This is extremely underwhelming so far.
    Even with Sword Art Online at least you were able to get titles (some of them are the best or near best of their kind) even though I found the fishing very boring. At least dungeons were somewhat rewarding and the dragon fight sequence was a good throwback to SAO.
    Fate/stay night was even better. Servant play with their iconic Noble Phantasms, generous rewards as well. Dice game was fun, with my bro we were able to maximize the rewards. A very well designed event.
    With Recovery of an MMO Junkie, what do we get? Spam Alby in duo to earn a bracelet that gives you a tiny boost if you are duoing with said person?
    Considered coming back, but I think I need to consider again.
    I didn't mention gacha since it was present with all 3 of them, I wanted to analyze the playability.
    In my opinion the Gacha stuff isn't that great either. I liked SAO and Fate stuff better, but that's just personal preference now. Weapon skins looks kinda cool though.