Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thank you Mabinogi

LiliumwashereLiliumwashere
Mabinogi Rep: 520
in General Chat
I went from Novice to R1 Carpentry in a few hours because of this new event yesterday. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore! :D Onward to more life skills!
offwithyourheadsbadnewsbarrettMizukiHayamaKokoroSherripawcalypseLostLinksLeineiFabe

Comments

• LiliumwashereLiliumwashere
    Oh also I was stocking heavily on materials for a loooong time in case anyone was wondering how I had the mats. lol
    pawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Uh...gratz? :p

• FutabuFutabu
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Am jelly, but gratz. Tbh this event is pretty great, gives me the motivation to finally start grinding out those necessary skills for dex and str.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Time to get handicrafting out of the way, I guess.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Ughghughhhugh carpentry and handicraft... I better get those outta the way in this event too!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Same here. I've been wanting to improve Handicraft the most ^^
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Good job! Keep up the good work. :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nice, i wish i could be this dedicated. I'm too lazy :#
  • 6f09096f0909
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,340
    Thanks to this I finally got herbalism and potion making both to r1. pHEW
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Nice! I got Harvesting to r1 but I'll try and focus on more skills when I'm done collecting 50 of each fairy. ^^
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    6f0909 wrote: »

How...!? These both skills are hell to rank D:
  • FutabuFutabu
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Greta wrote: »

I'm just gonna assume already had em like, r2 or something :P
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I was able to reach rank 1 Potion Making today, starting from rank B. I did have help from guildmates with herbs. I'm trying to rank Herbalism at the moment; it is rank 5 now, starting from rank A.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited November 18, 2017
    got permanent wings coupon at 21th box

seriously Nexon
    stop surprising me like this

you give me 20 junks of sadness

also thanks for the life skill train

was hoping the day we get event for magic craft and hilwen engginering
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »

I think a maid, some training pots, and or outright buying the herbs can help. There is also running around with demigod every few minutes in Solea. The place with the Saturos tends to be my spot.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Are you able to do this event with more than one char or is this a register thing?
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I'm very glad this event is back :)

Time to get off my butt and descend into Blacksmithing Dan Hell.
  • LiliumwashereLiliumwashere
    How do you get r1 herbalism? I'm stuck at RB. I tried going to solea looking for herbs but all I found was base herbs, and one poison herb.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    How do you get r1 herbalism? I'm stuck at RB. I tried going to solea looking for herbs but all I found was base herbs, and one poison herb.
    Training herbalism at solea should start when the requirement needs you to pick up mandrake, poison and antidote herbs. Before that (including Rank B), just raid other people's herb patches in their homestead for picking up other herbs (with their permission ofc). There will be some people willing enough to lend their homestead for herbalism training.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited November 22, 2017

Yes, Solea caves have lots of herbs. With patience, I was able to master Herbalism and get the title just by obsessively exploring these caves. Memorize the map on wiki that shows where the herbs are, and make sure to remember to bring an L rod.

I've always preferred the Physis to Solea side, but the Rano to Solea side is probably just as good. I would definitely recommend choosing at least ONE side though, so that you don't get confused with memorizing the pathways. Remember that white herbs do not appear in Solea. To combat this, I've always used a pet (because I hated Peaca). I recommend Clover pig if you want a lot of white herbs + the chance of antidotes (Pig has higher rate of white herbs than gnu). If mandrakes are your target, however, you must get a Gnu (Only Clover pig has antidotes and only Gnu has mandrakes). These are still available in the web shop.

If you cannot get a pet and cannot run Peaca, then try hunting Polar hornets in Vales. They sometimes sparkle when they die and you can gather white herbs from them. I THINK (and don't quote me, because this method only appeared AFTER I was done with white herb requirements) that this will count as Herbalism training.

For herbs like bloody, mana, sunlight, and gold, get herb patches for your homestead. Trust me, it will save time. Also, if it's not required to get non-homestead herbs to rank, then just stick with these; don't go into Solea if you can get to the next rank from just picking homestead herbs. (Rank 9 is about when you need to do this or get a herb pet for mandrakes).

Keep in mind that Herbalism is VERY time consuming. Back when I was training the lower ranks, we did not have skill seals or double exp pots, and it was definitely miserable. Since you have the benefit of these things (skill seals, training pots) I highly recommend you use them to save yourself unnecessary stress/blood/sweat/tears. Try not to train the skill excessively without training pots and remember you can stack life skill pot with all skill pot. Also remember that skill seals can't be used in rank 1, but training pots CAN. I also highly recommend you make sure your active talent will help with herbalism/potion making. Culinary Artist talent is the best for this if you want to train combat and cooking on the side (but it costs pons).