Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

HOMESTEAD HOUSES!!!!

PolicromaPolicroma
Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
edited November 23, 2017 in General Chat
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4886035

Use a translate on the above page. FINALLY!

The only thing I'm not sure about (and this might be the translator's fault) is whether or not castles will continue to exist for housing areas. It seems like they're doing set auctions/prices?
NegumikoSphyra21Iyasenu[Deleted User]VaughanPip-BoyJianto

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited November 23, 2017
    Woot!
    And omgosh! There's a bloody carpentry bench in the Homestead too!
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Are they getting rid of the Residential Areas?

Seems to say that, in google-ese.

"The castle dungeon will be provided in different forms after the castle / housing ends. Please check the announcement in the future."

I wonder what'll happen to the NPCs.
    Lorraine!
    Elain!
    Erhard!
    Leslie!
    Bernardo!
    Marcellus!
    The... the other two who don't have portraits...

But at any rate, Homestead houses getting more functionality is super neat!
    It mentions decorating and auctioning separately, so I'm guessing anyone can decorate the inside of their house, but only Premium users can use it to sell stuff.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseSherriAsaluansecourtneyyoffwithyourheads
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I am curious how that update would effect collecting transformations since some of them are in castle dungeons. this looks like a interesting update but who knows if we will ever get it as it also says it updates/changes premium memberships as well and we have not even gotten their premium membership update that was in May yet. if it means homestead housing then it will be very interesting but it only says romantic farm housing and no mention of homesteads in the translation I got so it could mean anything.
    [Deleted User]
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    It says they're going to bring the dungeons back in a different form. I wonder if the areas and castle will be repurposed somehow?

At least we won't have trolls taking over a 5th of the player houses anymore. :P
    [Deleted User]Leilicia
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Didn't think they'd ever do something like this. I might have some motivation to actually make my homestead look pretty now.
    [Deleted User]Darkpixie99Clovis15
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    edited November 23, 2017
    looks like u need vip service to do anything with it though :/
    [Deleted User]Vimi
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I'm a little confused, will we need Premium to use this though?
    [Deleted User]
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Are they getting rid of the Residential Areas?

Seems to say that, in google-ese.

"The castle dungeon will be provided in different forms after the castle / housing ends. Please check the announcement in the future."

I wonder what'll happen to the NPCs.
    Lorraine!
    Elain!
    Erhard!
    Leslie!
    Bernardo!
    Marcellus!
    The... the other two who don't have portraits...

But at any rate, Homestead houses getting more functionality is super neat!
    It mentions decorating and auctioning separately, so I'm guessing anyone can decorate the inside of their house, but only Premium users can use it to sell stuff.

How...how could you. . . ?
    :( :( :( :(

How could you be so cruel as to forget about Naak!!!

Monster!

(jking)
    [Deleted User]IyasenupawcalypseSherriMisterMagic
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    edited November 23, 2017
    3rdy wrote: »
    looks like u need vip service to do anything with it though :/

It specifically states the houses are free. VIP got some auction system bonuses, which for some reason we haven't gotten said auction system yet. I am hoping this means that VIP updates *AND* auction system are also on the way for us, as we're very behind on that.
    Pip-Boy[Deleted User]VaughanCrimsọnSherriClovis15Xiokun
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited November 23, 2017
    Super stoked for this. Hopefully you don't have to clutter your floor with items like with the current system.
    Is the gold limit the same?
    [Deleted User]
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Super stoked for this. Hopefully you clutter your floor with items like with the current system.
    Is the gold limit the same?

If I'm reading it right (and I'm using a translator) the existing housing system will be removed entirely, the zones will later be repurposed for who knows what, homestead houses will be the only houses, and the auction system will be the only form of offline shop in the future.

I'm hoping this means the auction system is on the way for us.
    Pip-Boy[Deleted User]
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    Well this is something,that means guild castle will be gone,then the housing board will be gone(not sure about it),not sure about those NPCs of housing areas,the castle dungeon will be something that I am not sure of&the NPC book Naak the NA Mabinogi director is gonna be gone in the future?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Did you guys see this event page too?
    This was way down at the bottom:
    Ww5JQ2H3QjeQwiijJhzdWQ.png
    pawcalypsebadnewsbarrettAsaluanseClovis15offwithyourheads
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    this is exciting news :) also for the person who said the translation was "romantic farm" well... that's what homestead is always translated as and possibly what they are called over in KR
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 23, 2017
    I hope this will make homestead house will be like Black Desert or The Sims
    RoyRed wrote: »
    Well this is something,that means guild castle will be gone,then the housing board will be gone(not sure about it),not sure about those NPCs of housing areas,the castle dungeon will be something that I am not sure of&the NPC book Naak the NA Mabinogi director is gonna be gone in the future?
    From what it says there will be some form of auction system:
    Good morning.
    Mabinogi is GM Anjard .

November 23 (Thursday) Mabinogi Premium Plus Pack benefits will change. Please check below for more details.
    1. Removal of 'Guild Castle and Housing Use' Benefit
      1. Date & Time : December 28, 2017 After Inspection
      2. Content
      • Housing and Gender New bidding will be limited after December 28 (Thursday) inspection.
        If the bid is already in progress, you can bid until the deadline.
      • The existing housing and last name will be maintained until the contract term.
      • After the inspection on Thursday, December 28, the order will be closed in time according to the final contract expiry date of the castle.
      • The castle dungeon will be provided in different forms after the castle / housing ends. Please check the announcement in the future.
    2. Modification of some benefits of Premium Plus Pack
      1. Application date : November 23, 2017 after inspection
      2. Change
      • Free use of romantic farm housing (A new romantic farm housing allows you to decorate your own house, no separate item trading function is provided.)
      • Add 1 auction house slot for residence housing or romantic farm housing
      • Up to 40 million gold withdrawal without city fee
      • 4% off auction sales fee
      • Up to 60 hours of auction store registration time available Please note that some of the benefits will change with the update of the romantic farm housing.

Thank you.
    Pip-Boy
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    It's about time! ^_^
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 23, 2017

What's with the bandits, in the page, saying? Is it some sort of capture the flag?
    I hope it will be like the idea I suggested in the old Nexon forum: bandits can invade or take over a town and players will have to get rid of them.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Now that giant mansion I've had in my homestead for years can actually be worth something.
    Neat.

Hopefully this also pushes for an update to our own VIP.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    YESSSS!! Cant wait, I hope we soon get more details on this!
    pawcalypseClovis15
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 23, 2017

Oh. My. Goodness.

aVOSkIC.gif

But...I deleted my house. Hrrrrmmmm...damn. I'm going to have to rearrange my entire homestead to fit in the house again. >_<

This was a suggestion I made long time ago actually. To make homestead houses our new housing for the market. We would basically get rid of residential housing and change the function of guild castles and their dungeons.

But just in case...I'm going to go finish collecting the trans from those castles before we get the updates. >_>;;;
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.