Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

HOMESTEAD HOUSES!!!!

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    What's with the bandits, in the page, saying? Is it some sort of capture the flag?
    I hope it will be like the idea I suggested in the old Nexon forum: bandits can invade or take over a town and players will have to get rid of them.

it's not an event... it's guild battle revamp
    pawcalypse
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I am curious how that update would effect collecting transformations since some of them are in castle dungeons. this looks like a interesting update but who knows if we will ever get it as it also says it updates/changes premium memberships as well and we have not even gotten their premium membership update that was in May yet. if it means homestead housing then it will be very interesting but it only says romantic farm housing and no mention of homesteads in the translation I got so it could mean anything.

From all the times that I have stuck mabi kr stuff in the translator, I can tell you that anytime it says "romantic farmhouse" it means "homestead"
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    considering they almost "gacha and cash grab" everything in this game

i have a feeling that we wont be able to use our own house at homestead unless with VIP
    pawcalypseBehelit
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited November 23, 2017
    People, this will only happens IF we ever get that Auction Board. They are adding this because housing channel and castle will be perm. removed from game contents after December (KR). So far they only copy n pasted current housing (without sale function) so it's pretty much useless but entering/deco with very limited furnitures atm. You'll have to either pay 500k+? to contract or have VIP service in order to enter.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd where's our revamped VIP/Prem. Service, Nexon America *Cries*
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Something tells me Nexon NA is gonna just warp this update and place everything behind a paywall. :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sherri wrote: »
    Something tells me Nexon NA is gonna just warp this update and place everything behind a paywall. :/

Well yeah that was the point. In my suggestion long ago, the homestead housing was to be a premium feature. It will help to revive VIP and thus fund this game we all cherish, (and might I say without the aid of gacha kek). I am quite happy that this is going to finally be implemented.
    [Deleted User]
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited November 23, 2017

If all this gets behind a paywall then we can wait for another EA vs Reddit event, but Mabinogi style.

Devs AND Distributors could learn a few things from this.
    pawcalypse
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    edited November 23, 2017
    :O!!!!! Awesome !!!!

Hopefully next is Homestead Backgrounds :D?
    Sherri[Deleted User]Pip-BoypawcalypseBehelit
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Fabeola wrote: »
    :O!!!!! Awesome !!!!

Hopefully next is Homestead Backgrounds :D?

That was another suggestion of mine too. We will see.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4700/oasification-for-the-homestead-background/p1
    P5n04Q8.png
    [Deleted User]BuffalosFabePip-BoySherriAsaluanseSheenapawcalypseoffwithyourheads[Deleted User]
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    As an owner of a housing district for about a year and a half now, I'm honestly pretty upset about this. Hopefully the castles will at least make an appearance somewhere else, or I'll miss my castle horribly.

I mean ultimately it's a smart decision, since for one I had to originally get the castle because no one was keeping housing up, and for two it's hard to CC if you're a marketer. Does the size of the house matter, or are igloos acceptable for using the shop option?

Ugh. I feel like I'm the only one bummed about this but I know logically it's for the best. Makes this VIP sale a lot less appealing though x-x
  • DrognakDrognak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    Great update.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited November 23, 2017
    Carlize wrote: »
    As an owner of a housing district for about a year and a half now, I'm honestly pretty upset about this. Hopefully the castles will at least make an appearance somewhere else, or I'll miss my castle horribly.

I mean ultimately it's a smart decision, since for one I had to originally get the castle because no one was keeping housing up, and for two it's hard to CC if you're a marketer. Does the size of the house matter, or are igloos acceptable for using the shop option?

Ugh. I feel like I'm the only one bummed about this but I know logically it's for the best. Makes this VIP sale a lot less appealing though x-x

It hasn't quite been announced for here...I'm guessing they would have to figure out the mess that is the Auction and how to implement it in our servers first before they can do anything about this, because it looks to be tied in with Auction?? Unless I'm mistaken what it says.

EDIT: Either way, it likely won't be coming to us any time soon, so I think the current deal on VIP is still good.
    Carlize
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited November 23, 2017

What's with the bandits, in the page, saying? Is it some sort of capture the flag?
    I hope it will be like the idea I suggested in the old Nexon forum: bandits can invade or take over a town and players will have to get rid of them.

Uh, the bandit thing... is probably uh.... I actually can't tell either.
    Whatever the bandits and capture the flag are for, it looks like they come with new achievements.
    My guess is that this update will not only replace the Housing channel with the Auction Board (possibly), but add in some new content (homestead housing) alongside some stuff.
    Not sure if it's a guild or party exclusive or similar to MA, but at least there's a ranking aspect to it.
    Some could argue that complete removal of the guild castles is a bad thing, but I don't think Nexon NA would actually remove the channel.
    Plus, Nexon KR did add this:
    * The castle dungeon will be provided in different forms after the castle / housing ends. Please check the announcement in the future.
    In all likelihood, we could get a new guild castle system altogether in the future.

Full KR Google Translated Dev Notes:
    0eYdg1y7QtWzMp_gOCcqKw.png3BrzLvWCS-2rBrOGQie0kQ.png

pawcalypse
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

Like I said earlier the bandits / capture the flag thing is the new guild battle system
    pawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

Whatever the bandits and capture the flag are for, it looks like they come with new achievements.
    My guess is that this update will not only replace the Housing channel with the Auction Board (possibly), but add in some new content (homestead housing) alongside some stuff.
    Not sure if it's a guild or party exclusive or similar to MA, but at least there's a ranking aspect to it.
    Some could argue that complete removal of the guild castles is a bad thing, but I don't think Nexon NA would actually remove the channel.
    Plus, Nexon KR did add this:
    * The castle dungeon will be provided in different forms after the castle / housing ends. Please check the announcement in the future.
    In all likelihood, we could get a new guild castle system altogether in the future.

Full KR Google Translated Dev Notes:
    0eYdg1y7QtWzMp_gOCcqKw.png3BrzLvWCS-2rBrOGQie0kQ.png

Maybe we'll still have a castle, except without the guild aspect. And in a different location if they do end up destroying the housing channel for whatever reason.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    I think the current deal on VIP is still good.

I lost my word there...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Ellisya wrote: »

I lost my word there...

Said this before, it should stay those prices.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gaea wrote: »

I lost my word there...

Yeah, especially if they aren't going to update them :( It isn't worth their regular price.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I lost my word there...

Yeah, especially if they aren't going to update them :( It isn't worth their regular price.

Agreed, they just aren't. -_-
    WolfandWolf
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I lost my word there...

Agreed, they just aren't. -_-

NA
    Update
    Your
    VIP
    Services
    SMH.
This discussion has been closed.