Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forgotten? Name/Server change is in KR

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    kuronogami wrote: »
    MiaBeloved wrote: »
    I actually question which server everyone currently plays in right now, especially the people against any kind of server transfer or merge.
    Because coming back to the game now, i literally saw NO people at all where there were once a ton selling at the market or just standing around. I thought the game died or something only to find out that MY server is apparently one of the dead ones. Yes, that's right I'm in Ruairi and it's terrible. I could easily make a new character on another server but thats not really a good answer when ive spent money on my things for my character, see where im going with this?
    So where are you?

Majority of people - by far is on Alexina. Many people transferred over to Alexina when it came out (who originally were mari/ruari and others have fled to Alexina to avoid certain things.

I'm on Alexina and comparing two or so years ago to now the Alexina population has dramatically dropped. with the channel system as well, it only makes sense to have one server and if needed 20 channels (or less)

Changing servers is a hard commitment especially for people who have been there for years or so.

I left behind a 6k, and two 8k total characters on rua just to start over on alexina. I don't regret it at all, rua is rather dead. And yes, I did lose my 6k to the Black robe event. There was a lot of sketchy things on rua server, and most recently the whole soluna blade debacle. Those things aside, it was nice being on a server where dragon raids get done frequently.
  • OneConfusedMilletianOneConfusedMilletian
    Mabinogi Rep: 445
    Wikipedia says RF Online came out in Korea in 2004 and in NA in 2006. I think Mabinogi hit KOR the same year, and NA in 2008? So RF would be a bit older.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Wikipedia says RF Online came out in Korea in 2004 and in NA in 2006. I think Mabinogi hit KOR the same year, and NA in 2008? So RF would be a bit older.

Exactly, I am only referring NA and US since KR will be older.
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    edited December 7, 2017
    Just give us one already.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Faithrend wrote: »
    Just give us one already.

No.

280954746217693186.png
    NilremMikuV3Sherripawcalypse[Deleted User]
  • ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    i don't care for server transfer/merge

but seriously, what's the big deal on NA's Mabinogi with the Character Name Change feature?
    seriously, its already been implemented on overseas, i don't see why you wouldn't add it here, a lot of people including myself would pay for it

as for arguments like "is too complicated" .. "the friend list" .. "homestead.." .. "ign's only items" .. "easy exit for scammers".. (NO... there's something called CHARACTER ID / ACCOUNT ID which are trackable)... please.. don't! in terms of programming, its literally the SIMPLIEST feature to implement...

you can vote on this poll if you care about only the name change feature for now...
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14601/we-need-character-pet-name-change-like-kr-jp
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Ehh I do understand the concerns about the merge from people who are against it. But if NA vindictus did a server merge then mabi can too. Japan, Kr Mabi has done it as well- so while logic may go against it- then how has it been successful in others.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I don’t care about server merge. But just give us name change already :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    YellowBin wrote: »
    Ehh I do understand the concerns about the merge from people who are against it. But if NA vindictus did a server merge then mabi can too. Japan, Kr Mabi has done it as well- so while logic may go against it- then how has it been successful in others.

Hey when did Vindictus merge? I haven't played in a few years. >_>;;;
    [Deleted User]
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited January 3, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

They got it 2 months ago, they server merged with eu. They merged west and east and all NA servers into one. Eu has it's own server still though- so you have the option of NA or EU servers.
    Nexon NA is very capable of merging servers, so it can't be a definite no. My name was taken though so I had to rename my char but it ended up pretty nicely in the end.
    Clashing names got changed to "Server_Name", like in our instance a clashing name would appear as Ru_YellowBin, name being YellowBin and Ru as in Ruairi server. but you're forced to rename after that, I think it was either the more active one or the one created first that gets to keep their name.

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I'd like to seriously change my name. I am tired of the choice I made years ago.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I want a full merge. I'm tired of seeing everything being devoid of life. Again, you guys think of Alexina too highly. It's not as full as you think it is. Just because you keep repeating it over and over doesn't make it any more true. It has more population for sure, but check for its actual vitals and you'll notice that a lot of people are just merching and standing around at this point, all on the same channel..and even then, it isn't much. Also, the hype for chains already mostly died down.

Off-topic, I hate the vindi merge. I haven't played ever since I noticed how bad it was. Merging servers of the same edition of the game is one thing, but when my beloved jumping, auto-running and hp bars were taken from me when I was switched away from EU the game just became impossible to enjoy. I know it sounds like a little, but holy crap that was a devastating loss.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I would love to finally get the server transfer thingy as I have a Tarlach character I’d love to transfer to the Alexina server.

However, for about two years now... I’d say that a full server merge for Mabinogi is a much better option for us and it is waaaaaaay overdue...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Gaea wrote: »

They got it 2 months ago, they server merged with eu. They merged west and east and all NA servers into one. Eu has it's own server still though- so you have the option of NA or EU servers.
    Nexon NA is very capable of merging servers, so it can't be a definite no. My name was taken though so I had to rename my char but it ended up pretty nicely in the end.
    Clashing names got changed to "Server_Name", like in our instance a clashing name would appear as Ru_YellowBin, name being YellowBin and Ru as in Ruairi server. but you're forced to rename after that, I think it was either the more active one or the one created first that gets to keep their name.

Ohhhh dear, Diablerie probably got nabbed then. Damn.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Just because you spend less time in the game than you do in the forum, because you don't personally like something, does not mean the hype for that thing you don't like has died down. This forum (let alone you yourself alone) hardly speaks for the entire population of the game. :|

I'm actually one of those that spend way more time ingame than on here. Perhaps you're paranoid because I seem to bump into you in literally almost every thread, but that is definitely not the case. I've been online almost every single day, even christmas and new year's, during all the almost 6 years I must have been playing by now. I've seen more people seasonally or entirely leave than you can probably imagine and it'd be great if you could not jump for baseless accusations.

It's true, I don't speak for the entire population for sure, but the same goes for every person from a different server who doesn't even know what has been happening to the server and simply assumes those figures are true because of how Alexina was advertised as a "new" server for a long time and as a result, there has been this myth that we're somehow 20x as active as every other server. I wouldn't want people screaming to leave Alexina alone again when a merge happens just because of that, as has been suggested before. If we're going megaserver, I want an actual megaserver with Alexina included. It's definitely not super active, it is pretty much on life support compared to how it was several years ago. So, do I think it's time for a merge? Yes. Even for us. That's why I am a bit peeved at this common argument of Alexina being unbelievably alive.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Reminder that even if a server merge happened people would still find things to complain about related to it.
    Overpopulation, lag, things lost in the merge, people still saying its empty out of wanting the game dead, people screaming about the merge meaning the end of the game, and above all else, the sheer chaos of 4 entirely different communities and economies colliding, causing the biggest market crash one could imagine.

And no matter what positives name changes would bring, it would still be overall a bad idea here.
    With all the alts, trolls, and other unsavory people around, the last thing you want is for them to not only have multiple/easy to make accounts, but the ability to name change on a whim if they have money for it. All they need after is a new outfit and some appearance changes, and you wouldn't tell them apart from anyone else.
    Its rather handy to keep track of such people.

TL;DR
    If a merge happens, it happens.
    No amount of argument will change that, or bring us closer or farther from such.

Maybe one day we can go a month without a merge topic.
    Or the revival of one.
    [Deleted User]
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited January 3, 2018
    A server merge would possibly work if and when we get the auction hall, but if I were to guess the reason we don't already have that is because it requires a lot of back end web development NA may not be able to afford especially where security is concerned. KR also doesn't have the issue we do with bots and these bots may potentially be able to abuse the auction hall to hoard and inflate prices for profit.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Hardmuscle
    Don't you think you're being a biiiit sensationalistic.

Yikes!
    [Deleted User]
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Name Change: I really need that.

Server Transfer: I rather move some of my pets to a different server.

I prefer the ability to move into any server at will with my main character if possible.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Mizuko wrote: »
    Name Change: I really need that.

Server Transfer: I rather move some of my pets to a different server.

I prefer the ability to move into any server at will with my main character if possible.

well there is really no reason why Nexon KR can't release name change passes for characters and pets. are you saying you would prefer the ability to log in to any server with once character as easily as we can log out and back in or change channels? although something like that may be a cool idea it might not be possible for something as old as mabi. I imagine it would work something like have all characters stored on one server that would send your character data and inventory to the server you select and there be one bank system connected to all 4 servers instead of 4 separate ones. but that is just a guess, I am probably completely wrong. however even if something close to that could be put in mabi it might mean taking longer to log in and would likely be very expensive to add to the game.