Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Character Transfers

MoroaicaMoroaica
Mabinogi Rep: 805
edited December 6, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Please, please, PLEASE allow players to pay to have their characters to be transferred from one server to another!

This would be especially beneficial to players who accidentally create a character on the wrong server or just want to migrate them to a more/less active server. To give you an idea, Star Wars - The Old Republic (SWTOR) allows players pay Cartel Coins (their version of currency - just like NX is used for Nexon games) to transfer their characters to another server. Please refer to the FAQ explaining SWTOR character transfers to see how they have it working.

Not only could this be a popular feature, especially if players are willing to pay for the ability, it would also be a great way to generate even more money to Nexon and Mabinogi's continuing development.

For its age, Mabinogi really is a great game that still has much untapped potential.
  1. Would you be willing to pay to transfer characters to another server if you had the option?16 votes
    1. Are you kidding? Why isn't this a feature already!? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!
       50% (8 votes)
    2. Meh. I'll wait until the server merger. (IF they ever do!)
       13% (2 votes)
    3. No thanks. I like where I'm at.
       38% (6 votes)

Comments

• MoroaicaMoroaica
    Don't know why the poll wasn't added from my initial post. Sorry about that!
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    This has been discussed SEVERAL times already and usually those posts get locked. There's just too many variables and some people aren't even sure the transfer can be done (even though Korea allegedly has this ability already) safely without anying losing anything. If it was 100% safe 100% no lost items and your PETS were all transferred too, then yeah i'd pay for it.
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Leilicia wrote: »
    This has been discussed SEVERAL times already and usually those posts get locked. There's just too many variables and some people aren't even sure the transfer can be done (even though Korea allegedly has this ability already) safely without anying losing anything. If it was 100% safe 100% no lost items and your PETS were all transferred too, then yeah i'd pay for it.
    I wasn't aware of any past discussions as I just started playing this a couple months ago and the Mabinogi customer support said I should post my suggestion on the Feedback forum - so that is exactly what I did. :)

Anyhoo, I just got back into playing SWTOR since the summer and it seems they recently did a server merger. It was a bit of a shock but is kinda nice considering I had characters spanning across 4 different servers, and now my account is easier to manage. I've also just transferred a couple characters over to my new preferred server and it seems that no change has been made to the process in that regard (except for the number of servers and their names). The only reason I brought the topic up regarding another MMO is to point out that it can be done and seeing how the succession of recent events came together in support the new talent launch for Mabinogi, I have no doubt their IT people can be just as meticulous in organizing a server merger, character transfer option, or both... not to mention with all the money they are no doubt making off these gachas (and now the Shy's Night Sky Shop event), they can certainly afford to make it happen.