Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED] Master Plan Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 8, 2017 in Vault
'Tis the season of giving. Master Plan is back with some goodies! Check out what's marked on the calendar for all of the boosts and free gifts. See the details here!

00J7z-bf0401ea-e22b-4f7d-b72e-d99c7e780e6f.png

KokoroIyasenu

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    What does it mean by "Fresh New Look"?
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    You can change your character's looks for free using the Dressing Room. (exclude coupon looks)
    JazmynGodrickTB
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited December 7, 2017
    Sai wrote: »
    You can change your character's looks for free using the Dressing Room. (exclude coupon looks)

Thank you. :)

Edit: do the letters determine which are coupon? Ive always wondered why there are some with different colors and letters...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    "2x AP will not apply to exploration levels"

Why Nexon why T^T
  • SaiSai
    Sai wrote: »

Thank you. :)

Edit: do the letters determine which are coupon? Ive always wondered why there are some with different colors and letters...

I think "B" requires coupons.
    Jazmyn
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I wish Fresh Look included the coupon ones. The only hair styles I want are all coupons and I've never even SEEN the coupons for hair I want. :c
    YangKoeteLeinei
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Kryo wrote: »
    I wish Fresh Look included the coupon ones. The only hair styles I want are all coupons and I've never even SEEN the coupons for hair I want. :c

That would defeat the purpose of "coupon" and a slap to the face for those who pay so much for them :x
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Chibisai wrote: »

That would defeat the purpose of "coupon" and a slap to the face for those who pay so much for them :x

Coupons already defeated much of the fashion purpose of Pons and when they were introduced it was kind of a slap to the face of those who bought Pons for fashion.
    :disappointed:
    KryoYangKoeteLeinei
  • KryoKryo
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Coupons already defeated much of the fashion purpose of Pons and when they were introduced it was kind of a slap to the face of those who bought Pons for fashion.

This.
    Also I would rather pay pons and change my hair as I please, than be stuck hoping someone will have the coupon for sale and that I can afford it, or hoping I get it randomly out of little gacha beauty boxes that come out like 2-3 times a year.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    edited December 8, 2017

Except Pons don't cost tens of millions of gold or a lot of nx to get the hair you want and are pretty much affordable and consistent, whereas coupons would be rare and released every year or 2 only from money-grabbing gacha

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of times where I wanted to try out other hair coupons that I can't afford to buy or switch and wished they were pons. It is what it is sadly
  • KryoKryo
    Pons are actually not cheap. They could make them cost a decent amount of pons so that people aren't casually switching hair every day or whatever, but to basically say here are 60% of the hair you'll never get to have is uncool. Other than the hair I currently have at the moment I literally have never seen coupons for the hair styles I want. And I do mean literally.
  • SaiSai
    edited December 8, 2017
    The whole system is F'd these days.

They used to just add new styles and you could rebirth into them no problem. It wasn't special. Now it's just wall after wall. If it isn't pon locked it's coupon locked.

Same thing with new outfits and the gacha wall. Can't just add new clothing to NPC shops, NOPE!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's greed.
    Kryo
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    I've added the Update Tag on this since the post was updated to include information on the 2x AP event that is currently running.
    IyasenuSylviaWolfepawcalypse
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 8, 2017

To be honest, the hair/eye coupons would've functioned much better as a free, yet grindy way to get styles without having to pay a dime on Pons.
    Double experience and AP are nice and all, but it never changes the fact that KR never gives us actual reasons to run raids or missions.
    (Aside from gold or exp.) There's no beauty coupons, top tier mats drop at such low rate, and gear drops can be a joke.
    Events almost feel worthless if you don't value any of the grants cosmetically, or stat gear.
    I just hope to see some more creative events in the future, aside from the usual AFK and free handouts.

Sphyra21
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Pons are actually not cheap. They could make them cost a decent amount of pons so that people aren't casually switching hair every day or whatever, but to basically say here are 60% of the hair you'll never get to have is uncool. Other than the hair I currently have at the moment I literally have never seen coupons for the hair styles I want. And I do mean literally.

Would you prefer a consistent amount of only paying $5-$9 for 50-100 pons to change your hairstyle, or spend anywhere from $1.5 to $50 or in a gacha whale's case, $500 to get a single hairstyle you want?

So yes, pons would be cheaper, but probably would make more profit than gacha in the long run to be honest if Nexon actually thought about it. But, Nexon isn't in charge of the contents/gacha sadly
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    yes finally free ace rebirths!
    ive been wanting to get catering and crisis escape for sooo long.
    thank you!
    Jazmyn
  • MisterMagicMisterMagic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020

Would you prefer a consistent amount of only paying $5-$9 for 50-100 pons to change your hairstyle, or spend anywhere from $1.5 to $50 or in a gacha whale's case, $500 to get a single hairstyle you want?

So yes, pons would be cheaper, but probably would make more profit than gacha in the long run to be honest if Nexon actually thought about it. But, Nexon isn't in charge of the contents/gacha sadly

Gotta get that sense of Pride and Achievement from gachaponning your hair style.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    That calendar keeps messing me up...why isn't Sunday the first day of the week? When I glance at it I keep thinking the gift boxes are given on Fri and Sat.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lokitin wrote: »
    That calendar keeps messing me up...why isn't Sunday the first day of the week? When I glance at it I keep thinking the gift boxes are given on Fri and Sat.

Why Sunday should be? It's common to see calendar which starts with Monday, since most people start their "new week" on Monday because of work/school starts again after weekend.
    This is why Win10 calendar on my laptop confuses me now since it starts at Sunday. >.<
    MizukiHayama
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    Lokitin wrote: »

Why Sunday should be? It's common to see calendar which starts with Monday, since most people start their "new week" on Monday because of work/school starts again after weekend.
    This is why Win10 calendar on my laptop confuses me now since it starts at Sunday. >.<

I think it's because nearly every calendar I've seen is like that.
    But maybe it's because Sunday and Saturday are like... the "bookends" of the week?
    Weekends? Bookends? I dunno. :p

The reason I think THIS calendar is the way it is, is because they wanted some kind of vertical symmetry with Thursday, which seems to be the key day of the week with this Master Plan Event.
    MizukiHayama