Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chain Slash Pre-Update Events

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 11, 2017 in Vault
Our brand new talent is coming soon! Check out the Developer's Notes about each new skill for the upcoming talent! However, that's not the only event to get you prepared for it. Check out the details below!

00J8B-cc61ff53-4d19-46ec-a93d-5a23e85f606c.jpg

Chain Slash Developer Note Event

Event Dates: Thursday, Dec. 7 - Tuesday, Dec. 19

Event Details:
  • Talk to Caravan Joe every real life day to receive a Special Daily Mission.
  • Complete the Special Daily Mission in Tara or Taillteann to receive a memo for the New Talent Notebook.
  • Special Missions are different from daily and VIP shadow missions.
  • Obtain 13 memos to complete the New Talent Notebook!
  • Each memo collected will grant a Skill Training Seal (50)(Event) for the respective skill on the memo.
  • Completing the Special Daily Mission will grant Combat EXP Potion (10 min), Golden Experience Fruit (300%), and Golden Experience Fruit (500%).
  • Once you collected all 13 memos in the notebook, you will not receive anymore from the Special Missions.

Chain Reaction Event

Event Dates: Thursday, Dec. 7 - Wednesday, Dec. 13

Event Details:
  • Register your main character at Caravan Joe in Dunbarton.
  • Once you register a main character, you will receive a Chain Talent Pre-Registration Coupon.
  • Once Chain Slash is released, use the coupon to receive rewards based off of how many coins you have.

Reward Tier 1:

You will receive the items below if you have 1 Chain Reaction Coin.

• x1 Cardinal Gratitude Chain Blade
  • x1 Rebirth Potion (Event)
  • x1 Double Chain Slash Skill EXP Potion (Event)

Reward Tier 2:

You will receive the items below if you have 2 Chain Reaction Coin.

• x1 AP 30 Potion

Reward Tier 3:

You will receive the items below if you have 3 Chain Reaction Coin.

• x1 AP 30 Potion
  • x1 Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (20) (Event)

Reward Tier 4:

You will receive the items below if you have 4-5 Chain Reaction Coin.

• x1 AP 30 Potion
  • x1 Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (40) (Event)

Reward Tier 5:

You will receive the items below if you have 6-7 Chain Reaction Coin.

• x1 AP 30 Potion
  • x1 Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (20) (Event)
  • x1 Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (40) (Event)

Tomorrow's Gift Box

UPDATE: Sunday, Dec. 10
It was not clearly stated that the first Tomorrow's Gift Box (Day 1) would only be obtainable on Saturday December 9. Unfortunately, this means that anyone who did not log in and registered with Caravan Joe, will not be able to receive any of the Tomorrow's Gift Box items or rewards. We apologize for not stating this clearly for receiving the first upgradeable box and have taken measures to prevent these important omissions in future announcements.
Sincerely,
The Mabinogi Team.

Event Dates: Saturday, Dec. 9 - Wednesday, Dec. 13

Event Details:
  • You will receive a Tomorrow's Gift Box on the first day.
  • You must open the box before December 14th.
  • You need to use the box to upgrade the box.
  • The box can only be upgraded during 12/9(Sat)-12/11(Mon), however you can open the box at anytime during the event period.
  • When you get the box, you should use the box at least once. There will be a pop-up message that asks you if want to open the box.
  • When you click [Open the Box] button, the message will show you the reward you are supposed to get, and ask you if you want to [Get prize right now] or give up the current reward and [Open again next day].
  • If you click [Get the prize right now], you will get today's reward, and the box will disappear. Hence, you cannot get the next day's box.
  • If you click [Open again next day], you won't get today's reward, but you will get the next day's box. You can open it the next day, and do the same thing.

Tomorrow's Gift Box Day 1:

When opened you will receive one of the below items:

• The Box of Tomorrow Day 3 (Received in Advanced)
  • Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 Hour)
  • Fine Gem Powder
  • Golden Hammer of Durability
  • Unrestricted Dungeon Pass (Event)
  • Full Recovery Potion
  • Enchant Expiration Removal Scroll
  • Alban Knights Training Stone Box (Advanced)
  • Free Repair Kit Set
  • Potion of Proficiency (Event)
  • Nao's Soul Stone (Event)
  • Special Tendering Potion S
  • Age Potion - Age 17

Tomorrow's Gift Box Day 2:

When opened you will receive one of the below items:

• The Box of Tomorrow Day 3 (Received in Advanced)
  • Trade Unlock Potion
  • Perfect skill Reset Capsule
  • Combat 2x EXP Potion 2 (2 hrs.)
  • Rusty Hammer of Proficiency
  • Artisan Upgrade Restoration Kit
  • Lucky Red Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Lucky Blue Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 Day) (Can be traded once)
  • Golden Experience Fruit (500%)
  • Spirit Liqueur of Blessing
  • Rebirth Potion (event)
  • Unlimited Shadow Mission Pass)(Event)
  • Elite Pass - Defeat the Shadow Warrior
  • Elite Pass - Battle for Taillteann II
  • Elite Pass - Battle for Taillteann I
  • Elite Pass - Defeat Fomor Commander I
  • Elite Pass - Defeat Fomor Commander II
  • Elite Pass - Taillteann Defensive Battle
  • Elite Pass - Defeat the Shadow Wizard
  • Elite Pass - Dorren's Request
  • Elite Pass - Shadow Cast City
  • Elite Pass - Enemy Behind
  • Elite Pass - Their Method
  • Elite Pass - Lingering Darkness

Tomorrow's Gift Box Day 3:

When opened you will receive one of the below items and a Midas' Touch 2nd Title Coupon, 3 Combat 2x EXP Potion (30 mins), 1 Fine Reforging Tool (Event), and 1 Complete Skill EXP Potion (1 hr). The 2nd title gives Dex +10 and Luck +25.

• Celtic Howling Chain Blade Coupon
  • Bitter Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Inspired Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Ladeca Blue Upgrade Stone
  • Eweca Red Upgrade Stone
  • Artful Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Twilit Moon Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Infernal Blade Fragment Coupon
  • Pet Rebirth Potion (Event)
  • Rebirth Potion (Event)
  • Stinger Chain Blade Coupon
  • Cutthroat Chain Blade Coupon
  • Runestone of Daring Coupon
  • Red Upgrade Stone of Protection
  • Blue Upgrade Stone of Protection
  • Soulful Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Shadowy Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Hazy Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Full Moon Enchant Scroll Coupon
  • Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (100) (Event)
  • Lucky Red Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Lucky Blue Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Dorcha Mastery Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Chain Blade Mastery Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Dorcha Snatch Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Chain Impale Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Raging Spike Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Spinning Slasher Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Chain Crush Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Chain Sweep Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Chain Burst Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Death Mark Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Anchor Rush Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Dorcha Conversion Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Bacharim Explosion Skill Training Seal (50) (Event)
  • Double Chain Slash Skill EXP Potion Coupon
  • Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (40) (Event)
  • Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (30) (Event)
  • Chain Slash Talent Skill Training Seal (20) (Event)

Comments

• ZennooZennoo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited December 7, 2017
    Is this a glitch or something? Based on guild members and some friends, they gotten 2 training seals, one from each note. Yet when I used mine, I only got 1. Is it possible to get duplicate notes?
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Each note gives just one. You get two if you did both special missions and used both notes. Each note = one training skill dependent on the note you get
    YangKoete
  • ZennooZennoo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited December 7, 2017
    That's the thing. I did both. I used both. Only got 1. Though I didn't make that clear based on my post it seems. And it seems another guild member only gotten 1 as well
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    So in the Dev Note Even each memo gives prizes, and collecting all 13 gives you the New Talent Notebook. What is this notebook, does it give any extra rewards upon completion like a regular collection book or something?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So in the Dev Note Even each memo gives prizes, and collecting all 13 gives you the New Talent Notebook. What is this notebook, does it give any extra rewards upon completion like a regular collection book or something?

The "New Talent Notebook" is the thing you're completing.
    The book that Joe gave you.
    When you get it, it's blank and incomplete.
    Collect the notes and unlock the entries, so it's complete.

It's not an additional "prize" like the Golden Experience Fruits, Combat EXP Potions, and Skill Training Seals are.
    It's just going to have all the entries you've collected, so you can read about them.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Iyasenu wrote: »

The "New Talent Notebook" is the thing you're completing.
    The book that Joe gave you.
    When you get it, it's blank and incomplete.
    Collect the notes and unlock the entries, so it's complete.

It's not an additional "prize" like the Golden Experience Fruits, Combat EXP Potions, and Skill Training Seals are.
    It's just going to have all the entries you've collected, so you can read about them.

And yet the book's description itself does mention a reward for completing it, in addition to having all the notes there. So half my question is answered, the remaining unknown being the nature of said prize. And a 2x2 item that does or awards nothing is not a prize, just something to drop, destroy, or have eating up 4 spaces of inventory/bank space.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Zennoo wrote: »
    That's the thing. I did both. I used both. Only got 1. Though I didn't make that clear based on my post it seems. And it seems another guild member only gotten 1 as well
    Im guessing it is possible to get the same note or memo twice. My husband and I got different notes from each other running the missions together. He got 1 note and 1 memo and I got 2 notes, but you use them the same way, so Im not sure why that works like it does....

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Zennoo wrote: »
    Im guessing it is possible to get the same note or memo twice. My husband and I got different notes from each other running the missions together. He got 1 note and 1 memo and I got 2 notes, but you use them the same way, so Im not sure why that works like it does....

Today I'd gotten a 2x2 "New Talent Memo 1" and then a 1x1 "New Talent Meeting Notes 2".

Either way I still got the 1 300% fruit and 10 minute 2x combat exp potion and 1 500% fruit and 10 minute 2x combat exp potion.

Coincidentally, the info I got today was on Dorcha Mastery and Anchor Rush.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    PEOPLE ATTENTION, you HAVE to open the Tomorrow's Gift Box(Day 1) and tell it you want to open it tomorrow to be able to get the next day's box and so on.
    I would've missed this if I didn't coincidentally find it out. SO YAH. o3ob!
    I would've just waited everyday and been like, "Do I get dah super prize nao that I waited til the last day? =w=...Noh? OAO???" Who knows though, I could be wrong and it'll just turn into a Day 2 box on it's own. *shrug* O_O
  • IronReaperIronReaper
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Is there a level requirement to start the event? Have a friend who couldn't register with Joe and he just started the character.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    IronReaper wrote: »
    Is there a level requirement to start the event? Have a friend who couldn't register with Joe and he just started the character.

I believe you have to be a cumulative level of 30 in order to register for the event and receive the gifts.
  • NyaaNyaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,950
    Can the Tomorrow's Gift Box not be received on the second day of the event?
    I didn't log on yesterday, and I haven't gotten the box today. I was planning to open it today and the next few days before the event ends.
    But I've re-logged, change channels, I'm over lvl 30, and I have not received the box. Was it only given on the first day of the event?
    That's too bad. :c If I had known I needed to be online for it on that specific day, I would have done so instead of waiting until today.
    Or am I missing something?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Nyaa wrote: »
    I didn't log on yesterday, and I haven't gotten the box today. I was planning to open it today and the next few days before the event ends.
    But I've re-logged, change channels, I'm over lvl 30, and I have not received the box. Was it only given on the first day of the event?
    That's too bad. :c If I had known I needed to be online for it on that specific day, I would have done so instead of waiting until today.

I don't suppose you might have logged on another character and THEY got the box instead of the one you're talking about?

Or maybe you needed to have registered for the other events.
    Just a few last ideas.
  • NyaaNyaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,950
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I don't suppose you might have logged on another character and THEY got the box instead of the one you're talking about?

Or maybe you needed to have registered for the other events.
    Just a few last ideas.

@Iyasenu Unfortunately not, I've only logged onto one character on the account.
    And I've registered my character for the Chain Reaction Event that gives you the coin. And then I relogged and changed channels afterwards, just in case. But sadly, still no box.
    Thank you very much for the suggestions though! ; u ; I really do appreciate it.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Nyaa wrote: »

If I am reading things correctly, it almost seems as if you needed to log in on the 7th, 8th, and 9th, in order to recieve the box. ("Log in consecutively for 3 days.") So it is possible that you will not receive it. I could be misinterpreting the details though. Sorry, if either is the case... :(
  • QumedecuQumedecu
    Hi I'm a new player that just recently joined. My character can't seem to be registered as a main character for the Chain Reaction Event. Do I have to be a certain level for that to happen?
  • RegnaladeRegnalade
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Level 30 total lvl is the requirement usually for events
    Qumedecu wrote: »
    Hi I'm a new player that just recently joined. My character can't seem to be registered as a main character for the Chain Reaction Event. Do I have to be a certain level for that to happen?

• ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    UPDATE: Sunday, Dec. 10
    It was not clearly stated that the first Tomorrow's Gift Box (Day 1) would only be obtainable on Saturday December 9. Unfortunately, this means that anyone who did not log in and registered with Caravan Joe, will not be able to receive any of the Tomorrow's Gift Box items or rewards. We apologize for not stating this clearly for receiving the first upgradeable box and have taken measures to prevent these important omissions in future announcements.
    Sincerely,
    The Mabinogi Team.
    as it was not clearly stated i think we should be able to get the box after the 9th, i couldn't get it because i had to work :(
    IyasenuSatsuko
  • NanamachanNanamachan
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Err.. why does Korea always get the stuff first :c
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Nanamachan wrote: »
    Err.. why does Korea always get the stuff first :c

It's a Korean MMORPG, released there first way back in 2004.

Our version didn't start until 2008!

But aside from a few things, I think KR Mabi has gotten things before any other version.
    Jazmyn