Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Official Chainblade Hype Thread

Comments

• RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Kokoro wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, the Cutthroat Chain Blade is superior to the Stinger Chain Blade but darn it the Stinger looks much cooler.
    Cutthroat is definitely better for higher-level players that don't need a lot of crit on the weapon, but for players low enough to not get 30% effective crit (after the target's crit reduction from effective protection), Stinger's additional 35% crit could be what determines if they're able to crit reliably (or at all) or not, which would be worth more than 11 max to their DPS even without red upgrades on the weapon.
    Of course the Celtic Howling looks the coolest but I don't think I'll be able to make one of those considering how many people are scrambling for the materials.
    Can hope to get one (or the special materials for one) from the event coupons.
    Kokoro
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Eventually there're gonna be beauty coupons for eyes like hers.

I think there was a thread around here that showed them off.

Boop
    Iyasenu
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    RRM wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, the Cutthroat Chain Blade is superior to the Stinger Chain Blade but darn it the Stinger looks much cooler.
    Cutthroat is definitely better for higher-level players that don't need a lot of crit on the weapon, but for players low enough to not get 30% effective crit (after the target's crit reduction from effective protection), Stinger's additional 35% crit could be what determines if they're able to crit reliably (or at all) or not, which would be worth more than 11 max to their DPS even without red upgrades on the weapon.
    Of course the Celtic Howling looks the coolest but I don't think I'll be able to make one of those considering how many people are scrambling for the materials.
    Can hope to get one (or the special materials for one) from the event coupons.

I got a coupon for two Infernal Blade Fragments.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155

I got a coupon for two Infernal Blade Fragments.

Congrats!

Just a Raging Spike training seal for me... :(
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I got Runestone of Daring Coupon. It's the finishing material for the celtic weapon so I hope it is worth something. Anyone has any idea how much it go for?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    any one know what full moon enchant is?

or can give me the link to the details?
  • ShouKShouK
    Hazurah wrote: »
    any one know what full moon enchant is?

or can give me the link to the details?
    From user wiki:
    R9 Enchant Enabled Regardless of Rank
    When Chain Blade Mastery rank 5 or higher Maximum Damage +8~16
    When Chain Impale is rank 9 or higher Luck +5~10
    Defense -3
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    ShouK wrote: »
    I got Runestone of Daring Coupon. It's the finishing material for the celtic weapon so I hope it is worth something. Anyone has any idea how much it go for?

We'll find out soon but if the rarity of the celtic chain materials is similar to the baltane squire materials, expect it to be worth a lot.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

We'll find out soon but if the rarity of the celtic chain materials is similar to the baltane squire materials, expect it to be worth a lot.

As far as I know, they're basically a new material you're gonna find in dungeons/shadow missions similar to broken chain seals
    Kokoro
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525

'Compare to materials for process, finishing materials are very cheap.' according to KR server.
    Kokoro
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Ellisya wrote: »

'Compare to materials for process, finishing materials are very cheap.' according to KR server.

probably because the finishing material has a same drop rate with the one in the Attempt , while still clearly have different frequent of usage
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

probably because the finishing material has a same drop rate with the one in the Attempt , while still clearly have different frequent of usage

Do you know where they drop/ exactly how rare or common it is?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Talking about the new materials used in the Celtic Howling Chain Blade recipe?

On the stream they said they'll drop from Elite Shadow mission reward chests and, when they're added later, the Baltane missions' reward boxes.
    Kokoro
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

On the stream they said they'll drop from Elite Shadow mission reward chests and, when they're added later, the Baltane missions' reward boxes.

Ah right my bad, I'm going to assume they're fairly rare then, perhaps similar to broken chain seals and the like.
  • ShouKShouK

Elite SM?? I'm guessing it's not that rare then like the giant mats that worth only like 200k these days. Wonder if I should sell my mat quick hmm
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    When will we get the chainsaw as a tool in the game? I want to master carpentry quick!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    When will we get the chainsaw as a tool in the game? I want to master carpentry quick!

In the name of the emperor, when are we getting these 3dp_Chainsword_imperial.jpg
    pawcalypseKingEphy
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    pawcalypse wrote: »

In the name of the emperor, when are we getting these 3dp_Chainsword_imperial.jpg

Yes please!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 11, 2017
    Do we know what the different chain blades would look like?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    It treads a little too much into puppetry territory with how the skills work.

It smells like feature deprecation