Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PSA: Do not sell the celtic chain blade coupon

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »
    Good luck on trying to find someone to buy a plain Celtic Chainblade for 50m. Even on Alexina, that seems so incredibly stupid.
    I actually saw a buying party for 50m a few hours ago..may have something to do with OP’s PSA party or the “new celtic weapon” value of it, who knows
    EDIT: There’s a buying party of 100m now lmfao

This is ridiculous....

Ahhhh wow. O.O That's....a lot for a new craftable (and therefore obtainable in-game) weapon. I'm guessing a lot of people are really thirsty for the new weapons/Talent to the point where everyone is trying to outbid themselves to have the last say....It likely doesn't help that it was a rare drop in a "one per account" box. I'm sure once people start crafting them, they'll quickly go down in price.

I don't think they will. If anything, they might even go up due to coupon ones not having blacksmith bonuses. See the thing is, celtic weapons that use ruptured metals have always been very expensive (Throwing star was ~50m, cylinder was ~60m) and because chain is so popular (at least in kr) I can't see the metals ever really going down. It's not a very large sample, but I did 30 aahm runs recording drops and I managed to get 2 ruptured metals. 30 aahm runs takes a pretty long time. Part of the coupon being so pricey is you wont need to collect the new drops, and it's a "Look what I have day one" show off thing. For anyone who doesn't have the metals needed as of right now they'd pay a fortune assuming they could even find a seller. That and anyone who is crafting one is most likely making it for their own use, not to sell. They will go down eventually, as does every item but it won't be for a long time.
    WolfandWolfpawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It may also be a certain player attempting to drive up prices by false buyout offers in order to sell their own wares at such a price.
    KageitoVeylaine
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 12, 2017
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Sigh another weapon added to my impossible weapon to get list..

It's the most expensive celtic weapon to date, it's not that surprising especially because it's new. I posted this so someone who's lucky and gets it doesn't sell to one of the numerous parties buying for 10m

You had a chance to move your market toward a correction.

You blew it.

My intention is to prevent people from being drastically lowballed because there's several parties buying from 10-20m, I've already gotten some hate in game for the party I have up but it doesn't bother me.

Do you feel good about that? Does it make you feel special? Should we praise you? Kek.
    Good luck on trying to find someone to buy a plain Celtic Chainblade for 50m. Even on Alexina, that seems so incredibly stupid.
    I actually saw a buying party for 50m a few hours ago..may have something to do with OP’s PSA party or the “new celtic weapon” value of it, who knows

You know those parties are shillers right? They artificially inflate the worth of something so they can greatly profit.

Although the one for 100m is obviously a joke. XD
    Kokoro
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    In some games .. *cough* shill-bidding *cough* is a permanent ban. :smirk:

Well we could chop it up to being a violation of the CoC. Report them. Hue.
    [Deleted User]
  • RegnaladeRegnalade
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited December 12, 2017
    Well actually if it is who I think it is....the person buying it for so much actually just wants the weapon to use for them self and is really hyped up on the talent. ^^, throwing bans without knowing more can be bad in most cases....
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited December 12, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

It's the most expensive celtic weapon to date, it's not that surprising especially because it's new. I posted this so someone who's lucky and gets it doesn't sell to one of the numerous parties buying for 10m

You blew it.

My intention is to prevent people from being drastically lowballed because there's several parties buying from 10-20m, I've already gotten some hate in game for the party I have up but it doesn't bother me.

Do you feel good about that? Does it make you feel special? Should we praise you? Kek.
    What? No I don't feel good being called retarded among other things. No it doesn't make me feel special either, there's a lot of hate in general already and there's a lot of snowflake types on the forums, and even more in game.
    You know those parties are shillers right? They artificially inflate the worth of something so they can greatly profit.

I'm not sure it is, people have had parties up for 80m, and in the alexina discord there was a few for 75m. Someone might be desperate enough but I do doubt it.
    pawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 12, 2017

You blew it.

What? No I don't feel good being called retarded among other things. No it doesn't make me feel special either, there's a lot of hate in general already and there's a lot of snowflake types on the forums, and even more in game.

I'm not sure it is, people have had parties up for 80m, and in the alexina discord there was a few for 75m. Someone might be desperate enough but I do doubt it.

Alexina market is just horribly inflated. Odds are, it'll be far more affordable on the other servers.
    WolfandWolfpawcalypse
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Damn, Alexina... 3m for each ruptured black metal??

On Mari I got almost 20 for 700k ea lol... There was only one person who was trying to go over me (at 2m ea) but seemed to be fake advertisement
    Kokoro
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Greta wrote: »

This is ridiculous....

Ahhhh wow. O.O That's....a lot for a new craftable (and therefore obtainable in-game) weapon. I'm guessing a lot of people are really thirsty for the new weapons/Talent to the point where everyone is trying to outbid themselves to have the last say....It likely doesn't help that it was a rare drop in a "one per account" box. I'm sure once people start crafting them, they'll quickly go down in price.

I don't think they will. If anything, they might even go up due to coupon ones not having blacksmith bonuses. See the thing is, celtic weapons that use ruptured metals have always been very expensive (Throwing star was ~50m, cylinder was ~60m) and because chain is so popular (at least in kr) I can't see the metals ever really going down. It's not a very large sample, but I did 30 aahm runs recording drops and I managed to get 2 ruptured metals. 30 aahm runs takes a pretty long time. Part of the coupon being so pricey is you wont need to collect the new drops, and it's a "Look what I have day one" show off thing. For anyone who doesn't have the metals needed as of right now they'd pay a fortune assuming they could even find a seller. That and anyone who is crafting one is most likely making it for their own use, not to sell. They will go down eventually, as does every item but it won't be for a long time.

That....is very true too. :( I didn't think about that.

• ZeroOfPrototypesZeroOfPrototypes
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    edited December 12, 2017
    To those who are in alexina, im prototype00, the guy who's been offering 100m in flat gold to buy the celtic chain blade, its come to my attention that some of you think my offer is a 'joke' and i dont joke07e2c9b8457271344dd1f3a3041a39dd.png

I also dont plan on reselling it, i plan to keep it and use it because my plan is to main into chain blades when it releases
    call me desperate, i dont care because i know i am, and i am desperate
    KokoroOneConfusedMilletian
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    To those who are in alexina, im prototype00, the guy who's been offering 100m in flat gold to buy the celtic chain blade, its come to my attention that some of you think my offer is a 'joke' and i dont joke07e2c9b8457271344dd1f3a3041a39dd.png

I also dont plan on reselling it, i plan to keep it and use it because my plan is to main into chain blades when it releases

I didn't think it was a joke offer, and as you said you're willing to pay more because you want it faster. With the materials being as expensive as they are it's no surprise to see 60-70m offers, but it also seems these coupons are ridiculously rare

I didn't think it was a joke offer, and as you said you're willing to pay more because you want it faster. With the materials being as expensive as they are it's no surprise to see 60-70m offers, but it also seems these coupons are ridiculously rare

i only know of one person with proof of the coupon, whom goes by the name of kim (redacting the rest of her username so she doesnt get witch hunted for having a coupon) there are various other people who SAY they have it but no proof
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

i only know of one person with proof of the coupon, whom goes by the name of kim (redacting the rest of her username so she doesnt get witch hunted for having a coupon) there are various other people who SAY they have it but no proof

Yeah, I know who you're talking about and they're the only person to post proof so far.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

That's some impressive shilling, showing us all your gold to prove otherwise. I either almost believe you or that you're an idiot for shelling out that much for something that will drop in price in a couple months.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

That's some impressive shilling, showing us all your gold to prove otherwise. I either almost believe you or that you're an idiot for shelling out that much for something that will drop in price in a couple months.

You know a ton of people have been saying this. It's not a fashion item, it's a very high demand end game weapon. In korea ruptured metals went from 300k to 2m, and still haven't really gone down at all neither has the weapon either. While yes 100m is pretty high, to be a first in server it's somewhat understandable.

say what you will, ive been preparing for chain blades for 2 months; amassing gold, reseting my skills to go into dex and luck, reading up on skills/items/etc. sure it might drop in price, but it might not (it's alexina server). either way its a high end weapon for end game content, im willing to put the money on it and use it for the sole purpose of using it as a chain blade user and if it goes down a few months from now? so be it
    Kokoro
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730

I mean no disrespect Gaea, but in the end, it's his gold and he may use it as he wishes, ad there's no reason to call him an idiot for being willing to pay as much as he desires. Some pay 60m+ for a wiggling female wig (unless those chat thingies are fake, they might, I dunno ><).
    SylviaWolfe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    alexina.jpg
    pawcalypse
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    alexina.jpg

Most of all servers I think, but maybe Alexina is more inflated due to the fact that it has more players aka, more money coming in. Either way, C'est la vie :3.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    alexina.jpg

Most of all servers I think, but maybe Alexina is more inflated due to the fact that it has more players aka, more money coming in. Either way, C'est la vie :3.

No, that is just Alexina. :trollface: