Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

44 STEAMPUNK boxes for 4 STEAMPUNK items.

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Sherri wrote: »
    IDK about all of you but I'm still really mad about this whole never ending gacha thing.

at this rate they mite as well just bring back the old gacha's :/
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    3rdy wrote: »
    IDK about all of you but I'm still really mad about this whole never ending gacha thing.

at this rate they mite as well just bring back the old gacha's :/

Bringing back the old Gachapons would probably work better as a Festia limited time gold sink, almost like one of the events going on now.
    Spending 100k a roll would probably seem like a lot considering the wide range of utter clutter that pops out.
    Just an idea, since everyone's kinda sick of watching everything go the way of the Cash Grab instead of into crafting or actual new loot drops.
    Also because Nexon KR still...hasn't noticed how NA would rather sell things.
    Everyone's worried that losing the gachapons could put the game in a risky position, but if you ask me, the gachapons kind of put it into that position in the first place.
    People wanted new crafting recipes as an alternative to Gachapons, but we never really got it after all these years. It's rather depressing really.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator

So only spend gold, then. The game’s free, as opposed to charging a monthly fee(or $60+) and stacking microtransactions on top of that.

While I had better luck with the Steampunk boxes(Dark Aeronaut, Plat Cog wings, Laced Leather Boots) over the MMO Junkie ones(Ygg Staff, Moriko’s Cleaner, assorted 2nd titles and Lily’s Romantic Winter Dress), sometimes the “less lucky” gacha end up being more valuable in the end because I can either turn over an ingame profit, help fellow players with what I get, or help myself with various things. Sometimes I get extra outfit Parts I can use for various schemes.

If anyone here thinks these gacha only give junk, then you should’ve seen Mabi’s very first gachapon, which gave out things like bandages.

Every month, if not bi-weekly, we have a thread complaining about gachapon or otherwise trying to shame people who choose to spend their own money on something they enjoy or desire to reach. It’s really quite overdone, especially when direct outfit purchases do show up, and promptly get ignored. Everyone has the right to be upset, but it’s a dead parrot sketch by now, certainly so often.
    Policroma
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 14, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »

So only spend gold, then. The game’s free, as opposed to charging a monthly fee(or $60+) and stacking microtransactions on top of that.

While I had better luck with the Steampunk boxes(Dark Aeronaut, Plat Cog wings, Laced Leather Boots) over the MMO Junkie ones(Ygg Staff, Moriko’s Cleaner, assorted 2nd titles and Lily’s Romantic Winter Dress), sometimes the “less lucky” gacha end up being more valuable in the end because I can either turn over an ingame profit, help fellow players with what I get, or help myself with various things. Sometimes I get extra outfit Parts I can use for various schemes.

If anyone here thinks these gacha only give junk, then you should’ve seen Mabi’s very first gachapon, which gave out things like bandages.

Every month, if not bi-weekly, we have a thread complaining about gachapon or otherwise trying to shame people who choose to spend their own money on something they enjoy or desire to reach. It’s really quite overdone, especially when direct outfit purchases do show up, and promptly get ignored. Everyone has the right to be upset, but it’s a dead parrot sketch by now, certainly so often.

I remember buying gacha years ago and I got a wooden stick. No enchantments, not even better stats, just a plain wooden stick.

Good times. :)

VeylaineDarkpixie99Policroma
  • bobobobo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Hihi, I thought I'd leave a comment here since I heard about some thread going on the forums about my video. I don't usually browse the forums so unfortunately I wasn't able to respond sooner ^^;

Just to clarify, yes, I probably have a gambling problem but don't worry, it's definitely not serious c: I'm actually very frugal in person and monitor my bank account all the time. I actually only spend money on apparently games, food, and gifts for people to make them happy because those are honestly the only things in my life that makes ME happy. I definitely do gachas for fun and to provide entertainment for my viewers. If I complain in the video, it's mostly out of humor and entertainment. Of course it sucks, but that's what RNG is. I'm not really flipping tables or smashing windows or selling my blood for cash. If my money spent gives me something I can sell or somewhat fund for this game I've played for so long, I have no issues. Also, many folks actually say that watching my gacha videos satisfy their need to open gachas so they don't have to buy it (guess that's good? LOL ..... low key lowering sales coughs*)

And yes, I've gotten many folks wondering how I have the money to buy gachas all the time. First off, no I'm not some rich kid using mom and dad's credit card LOL. I work, just like anyone else, a full time job. Your typical 8 to 5 office job with a bi weekly paycheck. Not in management, no bonuses, not even salaried. I just choose to spend my money this way. I COULD stop doing gachapons and videos and save nearly $1-2k per year for other important necessities in my life, but I chose this with no complaints. You make money to spend it and enjoy life, that's my mindset tbh. I even had people saying Nexon should pay me for my channel because I've always been getting folks saying "I started playing Mabi after watching your videos!" and OMG, dat free advertisement yo! LOL, but I'm fine with that. If I can build the community in a game I enjoy, it's all good. I squeal when I see newbies joining the game for the first time.

and finally....

sigh* I'd like to see myself as a dolphin on "meh" gachas and a mini shark on really good ones :/
    I'm definitely not a whale. I've seen worse, they just don't do videos and publicize it.

YokkaichiAquasolShoogSheenaVeylaineDarkpixie99PolicromaFayeKaibaTheNyanCatCrimsọnand 1 other.
  • JazneoJazneo
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Wow so they dont sale just costume in store no more they made it all gamble
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I remember buying gacha years ago and I got a wooden stick. No enchantments, not even better stats, just a plain wooden stick.

Good times. :)

Yeps, time was, you could pay just to get a damn stick. Even better, it might often be on top of paying for rebirths, AND for story content! And you had no way of really finishing G1 in the free week of service they gave you.
    (I did get a cross-belt leather coat in black though, from that gacha)
    Jazneo wrote: »

Outfit bag sales still happen, despite what some may claim. There was one just a few months ago.
    WolfandWolfVeylainePolicroma
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I opened 135 boxes of Spring Spirit Box during cyber monday, and I didn't get a single wing, puppet, cressida/hebona. Literally all I got were those 50k equips, bunch of training potions and dyes...I assume they lowered the rate since it was cheaper during cyber monday
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Yeps, time was, you could pay just to get a damn stick. Even better, it might often be on top of paying for rebirths, AND for story content! And you had no way of really finishing G1 in the free week of service they gave you.
    (I did get a cross-belt leather coat in black though, from that gacha)
    Jazneo wrote: »

Outfit bag sales still happen, despite what some may claim. There was one just a few months ago.

I think one of the main problems with outfit bag sales is that unlike Blade and Soul, which sells outfit packages on regular weekly/monthly terms, Mabinogi simply just randomly does it.
    Imagine someone not feeling like they want to spend on Gachapons, only to fund another game.
    Then Mabinogi just randomly sells an outfit bag.
    No warning, no planned schedule, it's just there for a week and never seen again.
    I honestly wouldn't wanna fund a game that sells gamble boxes despite the vast last of, or dwindling interest in the years after launch, only to decide to "Randomly" launch outfits on the Cash Shop at irregular intervals.
    It's just unorganized and seemingly unprofessional, especially with the dire lack of communication from the KR branch to the NA branch.
    And yet we all cave into gachapons because it's our only option and chance at something.
    There's just nothing we can really do except to go AFK and maintain the game economy ourselves.

• EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    no hard feeling, seller always try it best to sell goods. nothing wrong with nexon handle gacha. it is urself have to know when to stop.
    the interesting thing is that u can buy everything form gacha by in game money, if u pay high enough.50m? 100m? !!!!!!!!!
  • KeneroKenero
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited December 29, 2017
    Truth be told...

Mabinogi is such an old game and so outdated, only dedicated people really play this buggy and convulated mess (yes, I know I play Mabinogi and consider myself a dedicated player).

So I asked myself. What if Mabinogi went FF14 style and went with the pay to play model and expansion cost money?

Then I look at server population vs. ff14 server population and found out, the amount of people playing Mabinogi (even if it's free) is an ant compared to ff14.

We don't have that balanced gameplay, we don't have that nice graphics (though for sure, we got amazing fashion), the game's old, and sadly, the game's too deep into power creep where reforges basically liven up the game.

If we went to a subscriber model to upkeep the game (like VIP but required), Mabinogi's playerbase would dropped but there would be ENOUGH money to keep the server a float.

For updates? Not so much.

Plus near end game players will tend to go "buy expansion, do update, then once update is done, stop paying for membership til next update."

If it was a few years back, when before reforges, I would gladly say (especially during the Iria expansion) for a pay to play model. But sadly the power creep is too embed in game that even if we went with a pay to play model with microtransaction on mounts (no special summoning) and cosmetics, it is too late.

The hole has been dugged too far.

The game has turned into a cash cow where most of the money go into the development of other devcat's games like Mabinogi mobile. And the small updates we have been getting are just clothing or participation events.

Now for the gacha... if you really want something it's best just to buy it for gold.

The concept that you'll save money by rolling the dice is not very realistic.

None of the items in this game are "need to" anyways.

Don't dig yourself into a hole trying to get these fancy clothes.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 29, 2017
    I opened 135 boxes of Spring Spirit Box during cyber monday, and I didn't get a single wing, puppet, cressida/hebona. Literally all I got were those 50k equips, bunch of training potions and dyes...I assume they lowered the rate since it was cheaper during cyber monday

That gacha had pretty lousy odds compared to many of the newer ones. The only reason they keep bringing it back is because a certain guy on Alexina keeps begging them to do it for the randomly colored wings it drops (at a horrifyingly low rate). I will say I see a random-colored pair of wings or two show up every time the gacha does.

I have noticed that if you keep bugging Nexon with stuff you want to buy, they do eventually relent. (Unless there's unusual circumstances, like FMA.) I think people who want new VIP would be better off doing that. Persistence does pay off.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 29, 2017
    Kenero wrote: »
    Truth be told...

Mabinogi is such an old game and so outdated, only dedicated people really play this buggy and convulated mess (yes, I know I play Mabinogi and consider myself a dedicated player).

So I asked myself. What if Mabinogi went FF14 style and went with the pay to play model and expansion cost money?

Then I look at server population vs. ff14 server population and found out, the amount of people playing Mabinogi (even if it's free) is an ant compared to ff14.

We don't have that balanced gameplay, we don't have that nice graphics (though for sure, we got amazing fashion), the game's old, and sadly, the game's too deep into power creep where reforges basically liven up the game.

If we went to a subscriber model to upkeep the game (like VIP but required), Mabinogi's playerbase would dropped but there would be ENOUGH money to keep the server a float.

For updates? Not so much.

Plus near end game players will tend to go "buy expansion, do update, then once update is done, stop paying for membership til next update."

If it was a few years back, when before reforges, I would gladly say (especially during the Iria expansion) for a pay to play model. But sadly the power creep is too embed in game that even if we went with a pay to play model with microtransaction on mounts (no special summoning) and cosmetics, it is too late.

The hole has been dugged too far.

The game has turned into a cash cow where most of the money go into the development of other devcat's games like Mabinogi mobile. And the small updates we have been getting are just clothing or participation events.

Now for the gacha... if you really want something it's best just to buy it for gold.

The concept that you'll save money by rolling the dice is not very realistic.

None of the items in this game are "need to" anyways.

Don't dig yourself into a hole trying to get these fancy clothes.

The main problem with FF was that compared to the Mabinogi housing, there were far less open houses.
    (Although admittedly, both games have terrible housing server upkeep from both the players and the service it's provided on.)
    Also the FF housing items get deleted, and not sent to your bank like in Mabi.
    Only papa KR Nexon would know why Mabinogi can't get upgraded graphics. (Too much work, too much money, poor old engine, ect.)
    Most people who F2P mabi either don't spend money on the Cash Shop already, or just spend minimal for pets and gacha lols.
    If this game went S2P, the population would likely tank.
    Simply because Nexon heavily depends on the F2P model on all of their games, and how poorly some S2P games have fared in the recent age of "F2P Expectation."
    Digging yourself in too deep, to get something you want (that will likely cost 1mil-10mil), because it's brand new and such low rate is our only option.
    (Aside from getting carpel tunnel from grinding for enough gold to get halfway there ourselves, or praying that we can make a virtual living off the junk drops from the Loot O' Pon.)
    It's just the cold, sad truth of how Nexon NA has never been able to move forward and innovate, because KR has to hold their hands the whole time. (Also because of Devcat always being MIA, and the claims that no one knows how to work the tech.)