Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Happened to the Baltane Mission Teaser?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
Back on the first day of the Chain Slash update, after the maint was over, I checked the site and there was a new Micro-Site teasing the 2nd part of the Chain Slash Update that's coming soonish.

It showed the missions, and detailed the new Journal entries, as well as showing that the Baltane missions would provide the method to learn the last 3 chain slash skills, Chain Burst, Raging Spike, and Bachram Explosion.

But...
Now the site doesn't go to where it did before.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/chainslash/baltane
Now it just shows the same page as just the chainslash page, without the /baltane part at the end.

I mean, the update's got to be coming soon, since the currently running Huge Lucky Finish is going to include challenges for it, and also it's currently impossible to fulfill all the current skill rank challenges since the last 3 chain slash skills are coming with the Baltane Mission update.

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    There might not have been enough time to add it in, or there could have been bugs postponing the update.
    I'm not sure because I haven't checked the patch notes yet.
    If it's any consolation, the KR site should have something you can view.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Oh, I was just looking at a cached copy of the page.
    At least I know I didn't just imagine it.

If anyone cares, here's the gist of what it said:
    ac52e4097a.png

72b834d091.png

8ab9d07a75.png
    5aa4228c1b.png
    8e79c21cec.png
    224543bfc8.png

5c1c33dc63.png
    a241d30e10.png

Even if the teaser isn't up, you can still check your Unlearned skills tab to see what you'll need to do to learn the skills after the update comes here.
    13e0d0b4bf.png
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    There might not have been enough time to add it in, or there could have been bugs postponing the update.

I believe they said in the stream that the missions and the last three Chain Slash skills would be added in later, though they never said when.

I hope it's soon though. I wonder if they weren't supposed to put that mini page up, though, until the actual missions are added?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 16, 2017
    I believe they said in the stream that the missions and the last three Chain Slash skills would be added in later, though they never said when.

I hope it's soon though. I wonder if they weren't supposed to put that mini page up, though, until the actual missions are added?

I guess that's how it could've happened. Stay tuned for more official news then?
    JWwgeX1.gif

badnewsbarrett
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J8W
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14409/scheduled-maintenance-december-20th

Tomorrow's the day!

Get ready to beat up some crystal zombies and animals!

And to complete the quests to learn Raging Spike, Chain Burst, and Bachram Explosion!

Pray for good drop rates when you start hunting for some of the quest-related items.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J8W
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14409/scheduled-maintenance-december-20th

Tomorrow's the day!

Get ready to beat up some crystal zombies and animals!

And to complete the quests to learn Raging Spike, Chain Burst, and Bachram Explosion!

Pray for good drop rates when you start hunting for some of the quest-related items.

Urk, only just got Spinning Slasher yesterday after much suffering. It all begins anew...
    GretaILotus
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if we need to have a high rank with our squires to do the missions, or can anyone run them? I hardly use my squires but I've been trying to do them a little bit for each day I'm on.

I won't be strong enough to run the missions for a while either way though... I'm like, Green Slasher still lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

That or more than likely it's getting too close to Christmas.

Brace yourselves everyone. Server instability for 2 weeks is upon us!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    To be honest, I never actually found out how a Squires stats affect them in Missions.

Or, even IF it affected them in the Missions.
    badnewsbarrett
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Gaea wrote: »

That or more than likely it's getting too close to Christmas.

Brace yourselves everyone. Server instability for 2 weeks is upon us!

Not sure but we should have them now
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    To be honest, I never actually found out how a Squires stats affect them in Missions.

Or, even IF it affected them in the Missions.

The only thing the stats so far have been useful for is increasing your success rating for the squire missions. Nothing having to do with the Baltane missions added to the game now, sadly.