Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Runestones On Each Chain Blade Type

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
I was wondering, does anyone have some closeups of the runes on each of the different chain blades' runestones?

All I've got atm are the Cardinal and the Cutthroat, but I'd like to see the runes on the other 2, the Stinger and the Celtic Howling.

Cardinal/Cardinal Gratitude Chain Blade's Rune
b74e4137cd.png

Cutthroat Chain Blade's Rune
788214a445.png

Can anyone provide close-ups of the other two chain blades' runestones?
[Deleted User]WolfandWolf

Comments

• MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    oh, I didn't think to look to closely at the runestones for some reason. Have a book or two on it. Cutthroat's looks like Mannaz which, as far as I know is representative of all of mankind, unity, and beginnings. Cardinal looks like a form of Othila, which represents inheritance, ownership, and separation. It's not quite right. The top should be pointed, not flat. I guess it would make sense to change it. I think it was used as a symbol by the NSDAP and the White-Liberation movement.
    BlissfulkillRadiant Dawnpawcalypse[Deleted User]WolfandWolf
  • MeridisMeridis
    edited December 20, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

True, but does that keep many game developers from avoiding it? Not that I'm saying they should, but I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it on purpose for that reason.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    979265a6916a8dbe4c472a31e2c88ddc.png

This is the runestone on the Stinger
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]
  • MeridisMeridis
    it's a little smaller than the others but stinger's seems to be Jera: one cycle/year, patients and the rewards of a long harvest. You could say it's "commitment and benefits born from commitment".
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]WolfandWolf
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Quite interesting.

Though, I couldn't say these runes quite represent the weapons' performance. :V
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I was wondering, does anyone have some closeups of the runes on each of the different chain blades' runestones?

All I've got atm are the Cardinal and the Cutthroat, but I'd like to see the runes on the other 2, the Stinger and the Celtic Howling.

Cardinal/Cardinal Gratitude Chain Blade's Rune
    b74e4137cd.png

Cutthroat Chain Blade's Rune
    788214a445.png

Can anyone provide close-ups of the other two chain blades' runestones?

I see folding table.

I see curtains.
    pawcalypseAlmostNotsuper[Deleted User]Sphyra21[Deleted User]
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 20, 2017
    Meridis wrote: »
    oh, I didn't think to look to closely at the runestones for some reason. Have a book or two on it. Cutthroat's looks like Mannaz which, as far as I know is representative of all of mankind, unity, and beginnings. Cardinal looks like a form of Othila, which represents inheritance, ownership, and separation. It's not quite right. The top should be pointed, not flat. I guess it would make sense to change it. I think it was used as a symbol by the NSDAP and the White-Liberation movement.
    TNinja wrote: »
    Quite interesting.

Though, I couldn't say these runes quite represent the weapons' performance. :V

The Witcher, the game has similar runes to the ones here, but they don't explain their origin. I wanted to know if the rune on the Cardinal Chain Blade is Othila or odal; in theirs it is upside down.
    Odal also looks like the gate character in Kanji 門
    [Deleted User]
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited December 20, 2017
    I'll post the celtic one once the game is back up I'll edit this comment
    cacab0940b96b2e2b3543826ff6822d4.png
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • MeridisMeridis
    @pawcalypse
    othila and odal are different names for the same rune. Since it's an actual writting system, it changes a little by location and time in terms of how it's written and pronunciation. Like, for example, it doesn't look like they used the elder Futhark, the oldest form of runes, but mostly the Anglo-Saxon version instead.

the celtic one is Gebo: gifts(or exchange), balance, and partnerships.

[Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Meridis wrote: »
    @pawcalypse
    othila and odal are different names for the same rune. Since it's an actual writting system, it changes a little by location and time in terms of how it's written and pronunciation. Like, for example, it doesn't look like they used the elder Futhark, the oldest form of runes, but mostly the Anglo-Saxon version instead.

the celtic one is Gebo: gifts(or exchange), balance, and partnerships.
    Yeah about 60m in various gifts...
    WolfandWolfKokoropawcalypse
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    edited December 21, 2017
    Summary of Each Chain Blade's Runes and what they possibly are:

Cardinal Rune: Othila /Odal Rune Possibly Link - Closest Rune in appearance.
    Cutthroat Rune: Mannaz Rune Link
    Stinger: Jeran Rune Link
    Howling Celtic Rune: Gar / Gyfu Rune Link
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Stolias wrote: »
    Summary of Each Chain Blade's Runes and what they possibly are:

Cardinal Rune: Othila /Odal Rune Possibly Link - Closest Rune in appearance.
    Cutthroat Rune: Mannaz Rune Link
    Stinger: Jeran Rune Link
    Howling Celtic Rune: Gar / Gyfu Rune Link

Thank you