Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Combat Skill Training Potion 1-Day Issue?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited January 7, 2017 in Help
If this is the wrong area for this thread/question, I apologize, but due to the fact that I'm unable to get screen-captures for the issue I feel like this section might be my best recourse.

Alright, so on 1/6 around 1AM or so, I used a Combat Skill Training Potion (1 Day), and I was on for a while, logged off, went to sleep, woke up, and trained some more expecting the potion to have expired when I came back on later tonight. However, for some reason, when I logged off, the timer on the potion appears to have stopped and only counts down when I'm logged in. From my experience with the Life Skill Training Potions, the timer is supposed to count down even when I'm logged out.

Unfortunately, due to my tendency to hoard potions I get from events and gachas, I can't say for sure where I got it from. I also don't want to potentially be seen as taking advantage of an issue, so my combat training is currently at a halt. Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue or not as this could go easily unnoticed unless you open your character window (the 2x skill training effect icon only appears there apparently).

I've tried ccing, relogging and rebirthing to attempt to fix the issue and nothing worked. Did Nexon change how the skill training potions work without telling us?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Your not the first to report this. They've been like that for a little while now and seems to be intentional.
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 7, 2017
    Oh, wow, I had no idea. Like I said, from my past experience with potions, they count down while we're logged off too, so I was concerned.

I don't suppose you have any threads in mind from others that have reported it.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Yes, in the past they worked like that. It was an update or two back when they were changed so the timer only counts down the time when logged in now.
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 7, 2017
    I really wish they had let us know. =T