Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold bags and Boxes REVAMP

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited December 17, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Back in the day it was fine since getting 1 or 2m of gold wasn't as easy OR fast as it is today. Now we are getting new items pretty often and the inventory size is starting to be a big issue and even more when you can't place all those event items in your pets inventory or maybe you just like to have a bunch of items on hand instead of having to pay a visit to the bank day and night or look all over your pets roster non-stop for THAT item.

So my suggestion is that every gold pouch and gold box can hold up to 1,000,000 gold coins.
[Deleted User]
  1. Would you like a gold pouches and boxes revamp??36 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (18 votes)
    2. No
       50% (18 votes)

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I would rather have the amount of gold that can be stored in the bank per character be increased. I don't want to be physically carrying more gold than I can store in the bank.
    Sherrililblkrose
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 17, 2017
    I wouldn't mind a gold revamp, but leave the pouches and boxes alone and instead put in a chest like the one that gives out 5m gold from the Lottery thing. I could see them making it a cash shop item since it wouldn't be an absolute necessity though. It would probably get made one per character too.

I agree with @Caissa about the bank limit being raised though.

Sorry, but that gold bag limit you want to put in seems ridiculous...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    10m gold in inventory?

Inb4 people losing millions from dcing while in combat.
    YangKoeteDianusia
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Why not just a 100k Gold box/bag? Have it be a 2x1 one like the Lorna/pan bags.

Or why not make Tailoring/Carpentry/Blacksmithing let you craft gold bags/boxes/coffers? The higher your rank, the more gold can be stored.
    GretaoffwithyourheadsSheenaLeineiSherri
  • Dra6o0nDra6o0n
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited December 20, 2017
    They release events where multitude of gold boxes and larger capacity bags ends up being thrown into the economy, so that's what you gotta keep in mind.

Why not expand these sort of 'storage' capacity into homestead, to encourage homestead's growth and use?

Implement 'storage' props that enhances your bank capacity and even allowing you to stow away items back in homestead.
    For instance a prop that acts as a 'remote' bank coupon.
    A 'treasure chest' that you can put into your homestead, which lets you store specific items (production related chests or crates maybe?).
    A three tiered 'Chest' you can build which stores equipment only. (Bronze / Silver / Gold) holding (2 x 5, 4 x 6 and 6 x 8 slots).

For instance a 'Blacksmith crate' you can build in homestead which lets you fill up 4x6 slots of crafting materials.
    Or a Herbalist table, allowing you to store 4x6 slots of potion making materials.

These props can be utilized when crafting via blacksmith or potion making, inside the homestead by consuming them remotely?
    ZuomoGodrickTB[Deleted User]ShadowtivaniLammerLadameDianusia
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Dra6o0n wrote: »
    I love your idea. (Not a biased life skiller at all.) Love homesteads.

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Aren't we supposed to get a housing/homestead update that allows us to sell stuff out of our houses? O-o
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Leinei wrote: »
    Aren't we supposed to get a housing/homestead update that allows us to sell stuff out of our houses? O-o

Yeah, a small amount. Which will be SO good.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    1. What's the point of bank then?
    2. Don't you thkn 1m per bag is too much?
    3. I have no problem with current bag
    4. This idea only helps more those people who do bunch of alts through multiclienting.
    Greta
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited December 24, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    4. This idea only helps more those people who do bunch of alts through multiclienting.

I just want to avoid taxes xD
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Sheena wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »

I just want to avoid taxes xD

DON'T WE ALL? XD
    Sheena
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    No. That would mean the rich would be able to purchase high priced items without paying sales tax.

That would destroy the economy even more than it is now.

Trickle down does not work.
    JazmynYangKoeteGretaSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm confused over the Huge Lucky Finish and it's 5m gold box.
    Are we getting 5m or is it a box to get 5m?
    Most likely the latter but why.. just WHY would you make the odds so slim?
    Why I hate giveaway/gacha type events.
    Half the time a stuck up pro fashionogi gets the goods and sells it for millions.

Hold on.. *chucks a can of salt out the window*
    Sorry about that.
    lceCream wrote: »
    No. That would mean the rich would be able to purchase high priced items without paying sales tax.

That would destroy the economy even more than it is now.

Trickle down does not work.

Exactly, big corporations will not pay their workers more just because they get a tax cut.

Oh wait that's not what we were talking about?
    Dianusia
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Sheena wrote: »
    Back in the day it was fine since getting 1 or 2m of gold wasn't as easy OR fast as it is today. Now we are getting new items pretty often and the inventory size is starting to be a big issue and even more when you can't place all those event items in your pets inventory or maybe you just like to have a bunch of items on hand instead of having to pay a visit to the bank day and night or look all over your pets roster non-stop for THAT item.

So my suggestion is that every gold pouch and gold box can hold up to 1,000,000 gold coins.

With the free character cards they give now, and free elf/giant you can get by aligning, you can store what, 45m in the bank? After that you can make 5m checks and keep them in pets. Because if you have more than 45m in gold, you can certainly afford to buy pets.