Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chain Slash Reforges

Comments

• KeneroKenero
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Kenero wrote: »
    The Dorcha Mastery is extremely.... weak..

As for reforges... 40 in and no chain sweep.

Lvl 20 Dorcha mastery (base 10% + (lvl 20 = 20% ) = 30%) 30% to ALL Chain slash skills as it is a separate multiplier not an additive like all damage reforge.

Ex. Chain Impale 850% + 60% reforge (lvl 20 x 3%) = 910% * base 1.1 ( Dorcha mastery 10%) = 1001% skill damage vs.

No Chain Impale reforge just Dorcha Mastery reforge 850% * 30% Dorcha Mastery ( base 1.1 + (lvl 20 x 1 % per) = 1105%

Ya should be aiming for Dorcha mastery as you get more bang for your buck ... no question about it. Mange to get Impale, Sweep or all of them ...then even better?

The thing is, someone who has lv.14 earlier said he feels it may be broken. I am curious too if I should invest in it if the results he getting isn't the one I am looking for.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The Dorcha Mastery is extremely.... weak..

As for reforges... 40 in and no chain sweep.

Lvl 20 Dorcha mastery (base 10% + (lvl 20 = 20% ) = 30%) 30% to ALL Chain slash skills as it is a separate multiplier not an additive like all damage reforge.

Ex. Chain Impale 850% + 60% reforge (lvl 20 x 3%) = 910% * base 1.1 ( Dorcha mastery 10%) = 1001% skill damage vs.

No Chain Impale reforge just Dorcha Mastery reforge 850% * 30% Dorcha Mastery ( base 1.1 + (lvl 20 x 1 % per) = 1105%

Ya should be aiming for Dorcha mastery as you get more bang for your buck ... no question about it. Mange to get Impale, Sweep or all of them ...then even better?

The thing is, someone who has lv.14 earlier said he feels it may be broken. I am curious too if I should invest in it if the results he getting isn't the one I am looking for.

Are we sure Dorcha Mastery reforge isn't like...
    Lv20's = 20% boost of 10% -> 12% damage?
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited December 27, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Are we sure Dorcha Mastery reforge isn't like...
    Lv20's = 20% boost of 10% -> 12% damage?

Yes it is confirmed.

it's 10% + 20% = 30% additional to Dorcha Skill Damage.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I got the Dorcha Mastery lv14 skill on head but it isn't working. With a test of crit damages ~1000 times, there was no difference with or without it.

I did a test of 30 regular impale @r1 all chain skills with and without the reforge at level 11. I'm not sure how you tested but you are 100% wrong. The first panel is without, the second one is with it. The test with the reforge I had 2 less max damage due to various enchants and I'm seeing ~8% more damage. Given that I have a very low sample size and not exactly the same max damage... I'd say this reforge is working exactly as intended.
    e8e9c049913036dc99c5290eb518a5a9.png
    e9abf94ee210f6442146e2f3add7797e.png
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    It would be great if it worked as intended because an extra 20% damage for a reforge would once again put way too much of a difference between basic and reforged players. But screw balance, right?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Siodhan wrote: »
    It would be great if it worked as intended because an extra 20% damage for a reforge would once again put way too much of a difference between basic and reforged players. But screw balance, right?

R1 items are cheaper than ever before... Seriously the tara infantry helms are like 200k on alexina. I don't really find this argument to be that valid anymore, and in terms of chain you really don't need reforges at all. I would agree that other talents like archery are reforge dependent but in this case...
    Nilrem
  • PHENGISKOOLPHENGISKOOL
    Mabinogi Rep: 360
    Siodhan wrote: »

Chain Impale rank one 850% vs 910%(lvl 20) = 7% difference in overall damage gained.

Chain Sweep rank one 680% vs 720%(lvl 20) = 5.88% etc... with most only gaining 2-3% per level they suck.

Magnum shot rank one 500% vs 700%(lvl 20 10% per lvl) = 40% (35% if dan 3) difference in overall damage gained.

Chain slash damage reforges aren't game breaking and there not really worth wasting a reforge slot.
    Since all you gain is 5-10% vs Smash/magnum/lance charge etc... 25-40% overall damage.

Old skills like Smash/magnum/lance charge can be combo card too... Chain Impale and other Chains Skills
    cannot until Dan test for Spinning(not that good) and Death mark(you don't use this for dps only for debuff and pulls).

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    Yeah, @PHENGISKOOL , but remember that I was not talking about those reforges at all. I was talking about the dorcha mastery one, which would in fact be broken if it added a flat 20% on top of all chain skills. Also, keep in mind that the insane max damage this talent boosts easily makes up for some of the percentage the reforges lack in comparison to archery/warrior reforges. Not saying it's by any means an equal amount of p2w, but you shouldn't really underestimate such boosts.
  • PHENGISKOOLPHENGISKOOL
    Mabinogi Rep: 360
    I already said Dorcha mastery being the best reforge to aim for in my previous post so I know it is powerful.

Even if you get all the reforge Chain Impale + Dorcha Mastery, its not breaking any new grounds that we haven't seen before.

Chain Impale + SS (No Impale or Dorcha Mastery Reforge) 280k Damage Vs. 300-400k Kr video that is floating in first page.
    Had this person had those reforge only (280k * 1.2 * 1.07) = 330-360K improvment.

Smash giant + SS 400k Damage

Lance charge 1.2 mil + SS (No death mark, run happen before Chain Slash update)

All of these video in Memento content with Support shot. Chain slash is pretty much tapped out in getting anymore more stronger in the current meta.

In summary: Chain slash is an easy talent with high base % skills at rank one, are all powerful that is how there design. So you have Dorcha Mastery being the only big threat. But its just that... 20% damage boost. If people choose to reforge Chain slash (all the damage reforge suck) or don't that is up to people to decide (it is already powerful as is). Better yet people can now easily do damage that on other talent you would need reforge to achieve (Fighter/Alchemy/Puppetry all left in the dust).

Elves and Humans rejoice.... Giants sad day.

• KeneroKenero
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Honestly the ridiculous amount of base damage that chain slash skills do....

I would consider it a "low budget" power skillset.

I almost want to hit my head on how much money I spent on reforges before on archery or other stuff.

Yes, while it may be amazing right now, a typical person wouldn't spend so many on reforges...

But pick up the chain skillset with no reforge and be able to hit high is quite amazing.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525

Here. Even small amount of reforge does tons more damage.
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited December 28, 2017
    my life would be easier if everything i hit and no fight back, like barrier spike.
    most past i hate is hard mode monster have ping. chainblade have no cooldown time but too long animation(perhaps it is just my bad connection) chainblae sux

chainblade for elf who have lack of close combat type
    dang elf u have more candy than u can chew XD
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Ena wrote: »
    my life would be easier if everything i hit and no fight back, like barrier spike.
    most past i hate is hard mode monster have ping. chainblade have no cooldown time but too long animation(perhaps it is just my bad connection) chainblae sux

chainblade for elf who have lack of close combat type
    dang elf u have more candy than u can chew XD

At this point I'm pretty sure nothing would convince you that chain blade is pretty good. I guess the 200k ele smash you were drooling over is enough to satisfy you.