Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Baltane Missions - Enemies only scale down, not up

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
in Bugs and Glitches
Enemies in the Baltane missions spawn with CP (Combat Power) close to yours at the time they spawn. However...
What happens now: Enemies in the Baltane missions spawn with lower CP as yours lowers, they do not get higher CP as yours raises.
What should happen instead: Enemies should always spawn with the CP the mission started as, or at least scale up with your CP changes too.

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/chainslash/baltane
"All monsters in the mission will be Normal or Strong"
But if you take off -CP gear or put on +CP gear in the mission, newly-spawned enemies become weak/weakest and don't go back to being Normal/Strong with the gear changes.
"This is a mission perfect for leveling up when you're anywhere between levels 60 and 99.
Weaker enemies won't train lots of skills at all, and weaker enemies give 0 EXP (since it's not a dungeon).

I enter the mission with two Red Scar Longswords (+CP) equipped, and enemies show up as normal.
Ow0RCzk.png

I then take off the swords (lowering my CP), and newly-spawned enemies are normal to me still.
(Because they scaled their CP down to match my lowered CP).
7TCeGHp.png

I put a sword back on, and suddenly they're spawning in as Weak!
(Because they're keeping the lower CP and not scaling back up for me.)
AjZetq3.png

And when I put both swords back on, suddenly they're Weakest...
3dG3Xcu.png

- This is not limited to +CP items, removing -CP items causes the same problem.
- Yes, they ARE actually Weak/est to me, it's not a name tag problem.
I get no EXP for the kills and they count as Weak/est for skill training.
5Pg4R82.png

Server: Ruairi
IGN: RRM

Comments

• FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Okay so there are items you get from the Baltane mission boxes that Can up the enemies cp for 3 minutes. So as they spawn in after using that item can help I don't know how many of the items. Though I think video annotation would help explain what is wrong here.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    CP values are focus|instance based (reset the focus, refresh the instance, or wait for new spawns if available).
    RRM wrote: »
    Enemies in the Baltane missions spawn with CP (Combat Power) close to yours at the time they spawn. However...
    ---
    I enter the mission with two Red Scar Longswords (+CP) equipped, and enemies show up as normal.
    ---
    I then take off the swords (lowering my CP), and newly-spawned enemies are normal to me still.
    ---
    I put a sword back on, and suddenly they're spawning in as Weak!
    ---
    And when I put both swords back on, suddenly they're Weakest...

The report clearly shows that there is an issue with how the CP from newly spawned mobs is calculated.
    It seems that the game uses the lowest CP you had during the whole mission.

It probably works like that (assuming 2000 CP, but anything works):
    • Enter mission with 4000CP (2000 + 2x1000) => Mobs are set to 4000, so they're normal
    • Reduce CP by removing swords (2000 CP) => Mobs now spawns at 2000 cause CP went down
    • Increase CP by equipping a sword (3000 CP) => Mobs stays at 2000, and now shows up as weak
    • Increase CP again (now back to 4000 CP) => Mobs are still at 2000, and are weakest

Newly spawned mobs should always show up as normal, whatever the CP modifier you're using, it's not a matter of reloading the map (going far away from the mob to have refresh the label in front of the mob name works, but is only visual and totally irrelevant here)
    [Deleted User]
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    The behavior you're describing occurs everywhere in the game.
    Look at this below shot in detail.

K6OeBCu.png
    That mob is literally spawning in right there, you can even see the black smoke.
    The concern is newly-spawned mobs not behaving as the mission is described (it spawns as weak).

I'm aware that name tags don't update when CP changes while a mob has already existed.
    That's a separate issue which I avoided depicting for this bug report to try to avoid confusion.
    Lidrster[Deleted User]
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I understand better now .. but there's still a small issue....

Does anyone know what level these mobs are spawning in at? Are any of these mobs less than level 60 or more than 99? :|
    A2EgYof.jpg

It's unrelated to the current (mob CP) issue as it's only a typo (or mistranslated text).
    What Shuan means is that you only get exp when you are between level 60 and 99, not the mobs.
    You should open a separate thread for that issue.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I understand better now .. but there's still a small issue....

Does anyone know what level these mobs are spawning in at? Are any of these mobs less than level 60 or more than 99? :|
    A2EgYof.jpg

That's not so much a typo as it is just misinformation.
    Probably the byproduct of mistranslation.

Shuan SHOULD say "Now, the one caveat is that in a Baltane Mission, you can only obtain EXP from monsters when you are between current level 60 and 99."

The message for being too high current level to get EXP differs from the one you get because they're Weak/Weakest to you, as well.
    It doesn't say "(Weak Mob)" before the exp.
    Also says +0.00 instead of +0
    75b5ac378f.png

The level of the mobs themselves is probably some throwaway value, sort of like how summoned golems are all level 34.
    But either way it shouldn't be important, since a player would have no way to know their levels, and it's not mentioned anywhere that the Combat Level of a monster scales to the player, just that their relative combat power rating does.

But this whole combat power thing is weird.
    As you know, leveling up generally gives you stats, and gaining stats through level up increases your combat power.
    Now say you're level 60 when you enter, and level up to level 99.
    Your combat power would most definitely have increased since you entered, but the mobs would still be giving you EXP.
    Why would changing your CP via equips result in outgrowing your opponents CP, but not levelling up?

Anyways, this issue is most definitely not limited to just Nowhere to Run, either.
    Enter something like Gatekeeper with -CP wear equipped, then unequip it and clear out the enemies at one position, and the newly spawned batch in the adjacent area will still not scale back up to match your un-decreased CP.
    It FEELS like this shouldn't happen, and that any newly-spawned enemies should match your positively-changed CP just like they match your negatively-changed values, but that's just one other purpose of a Bug Report thread, I guess.
    To get confirmation on if this is actually [NAB] or what.
    [Deleted User]