[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What item would prefer in-game vs gachapon?

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 3,705
Posts: 410
Member
edited December 21, 2017 in General Chat
I know Mabinogi has items that can be obtained by playing certain dungeons and missions, slaying certain monsters and through the gachapon.
The game has a ton rare items limited only by the certain rank of skills enabling its creation; through Magic Craft and Blacksmithing.
Should there be more in-game crafts, like craftable wings that require the master rank (or even dan) of 5 skills to create a pair.
What about training potions? Double experience potions?
I understand that Nexon has to make money somehow and some players would also prefer to get things in the game instead of the Cash Shop. Yet there are some items that are meant to be in the store and meant to be obtainable in the game.

[video]
Is Capcom's stance of no loot boxes a good example? Will this be temporary?

*Some items listed are from the Cash Shop
Hardmuscle
  1. What gachapon item would you prefer to create instead of buying in the cash shop?64 votes
    1. Training Potions (tendering, complete exp, etc.)
       6% (4 votes)
    2. Skill Reset Capsule
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Recovery items (full restore, nao soul stones, adv phoenix feather, etc.)
       19% (12 votes)
    4. Wings
       11% (7 votes)
    5. Reforging Tool (fine, commerce, etc.)
       38% (24 votes)
    6. Trade Unlock/Partner Unlock Potion
       3% (2 votes)
    7. Pet Adoption Medal
       5% (3 votes)
    8. Other
       14% (9 votes)
    9. It's fine already
       5% (3 votes)

Comments

  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,460
    Posts: 1,021
    Member
    I think there should be a way in game to craft/obtain MOST if not ALL cash shop items. Even if it's super tedious, or hard it should still be there in some form.
    pawcalypseHardmusclecourtneyyGaeaKitsuyasha
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,510
    Posts: 814
    Member
    All combatnogi items.
    pawcalypsePolicroma
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Posts: 67
    Member
    Tailoring patterns and Blacksmith manuals. I only know of some unobtainable patterns from my cousin, who had a sewing pattern to make the Archeress School Uniform, the outfit Mari wears. It would be nice if you could purchase those rare patterns normally.
    pawcalypseWolfandWolfTheNyanCat
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,815
    Posts: 279
    Member
    Full restores and fire erg crystals.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,705
    Posts: 410
    Member
    edited December 21, 2017
    Redetsu wrote: »
    Tailoring patterns and Blacksmith manuals. I only know of some unobtainable patterns from my cousin, who had a sewing pattern to make the Archeress School Uniform, the outfit Mari wears. It would be nice if you could purchase those rare patterns normally.
    Raishii wrote: »
    Full restores and fire erg crystals.

    I wish there were some clothing from Outfit Boxes and the gachas had their own sewing patterns and manuals too. Full restore should be concocted in the game.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,675
    Posts: 2,548
    Member
    edited December 21, 2017
    Lol .. Gachapon Ticket (drops from everything at a super low rate) ... :lol:

    Mangled Gachapon Ticket (create some kind of alter Got-You-Pon ticket)

    (even the bots would come back - people everywhere)... /fallsoverdead

    JazmynWolfandWolfpawcalypse
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Posts: 47
    Member
    As I've been saying for a while, why not a pot that changes M only to F, or F only to M? Something that lets one fit/use any clothing or weapon, regardless of race or gender?

  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,520
    Posts: 1,079
    Member
    edited December 22, 2017
    Every clothing item ever released (not counting collabs) from gachapons as tailoring items from new recipes and crafting oriented dungeons, similar to the musical math one.
    This way gachapons can truly be "optional" and players can choose to get better stats from crating it themselves or requesting help from guild members or to just gamble for the items.
    pawcalypse
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Ruptured Black metal fragments should be added into gacha, because its slowly destroying the economy with the obscene amount you need and the high rarity. :'(.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,880
    Posts: 786
    Member
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Redetsu wrote: »
    Tailoring patterns and Blacksmith manuals. I only know of some unobtainable patterns from my cousin, who had a sewing pattern to make the Archeress School Uniform, the outfit Mari wears. It would be nice if you could purchase those rare patterns normally.
    Raishii wrote: »
    Full restores and fire erg crystals.

    I wish there were some clothing from Outfit Boxes and the gachas had their own sewing patterns and manuals too. Full restore should be concocted in the game.

    Oh man I REALLY second this motion. There are a ton of outfits that are no longer possible to create because the patterns/manuals were gacha only...from an old, no longer released gacha. And the outfits themselves are so old, there's no guarantee that all the servers have a copy running around anymore.

    I like new things, really I do, and I understand everyone else's penchant for new things too. But..I guess it just bothers me a bit that we are permanently cut off from certain items. I understand why the copyrighted SAO and FATE stuff needs to be limited edition, but there really is no reason why Mari's outfit has to be the same.
    pawcalypse
  • OriaOria
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 56
    Member
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Redetsu wrote: »
    Tailoring patterns and Blacksmith manuals. I only know of some unobtainable patterns from my cousin, who had a sewing pattern to make the Archeress School Uniform, the outfit Mari wears. It would be nice if you could purchase those rare patterns normally.
    Raishii wrote: »
    Full restores and fire erg crystals.

    I wish there were some clothing from Outfit Boxes and the gachas had their own sewing patterns and manuals too. Full restore should be concocted in the game.

    Oh man I REALLY second this motion. There are a ton of outfits that are no longer possible to create because the patterns/manuals were gacha only...from an old, no longer released gacha. And the outfits themselves are so old, there's no guarantee that all the servers have a copy running around anymore.

    I like new things, really I do, and I understand everyone else's penchant for new things too. But..I guess it just bothers me a bit that we are permanently cut off from certain items. I understand why the copyrighted SAO and FATE stuff needs to be limited edition, but there really is no reason why Mari's outfit has to be the same.

    Oh, speaking of Mari's outfit, I gave my guildie friend the pattern as a Christmas present, and she made me the outfit ^.^
    It would be nice if the patterns weren't lost to gachas that haven't been around for years >.>
    pawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,350
    Posts: 937
    Member
    2017-12-28.png
    Sorry for the chicken scratch writing.

    The training category is already either;
    A) A flooded Market because of gachapons
    or
    B)The trash reward tier for almost every event.
    I think this is in an ok state.

    Skill reset capsule aren't not needed.
    Simply because you can reset at Duncan now for cheap.

    Recovery items
    Almost if not all of those are sold in the Seal Merchants store daily.
    And you can buy them pretty easily because you can spam the dailies on all characters.

    Wings
    They're the main source of income for this game tbh.
    They always sell for high amounts of money regardless of how ugly they are
    and people just eat them up like candy.

    Reforges
    These are pretty cheap now basic always set to 50% off when buying from bots.
    As for commerce reforges they are farmable from doing commerce.

    Trade potions
    Yeah these are pretty much gacha only but frequents are purchasable from events.
    So i'm in an ok state with these too.

    Pet adoption medal
    I honestly don't know what to say about this one other than its harder to get than most.
    Simply because it requires pre-paid nx, and if you aren't from the US it cost you much more money than the card says
    for its total worth.

    I find that the state of the game is ok.
    They gave us an event that gave out wings for 60 days - a year thats better than nothing I suppose.
    As long as those reforge shops don't close reforges are in an ok state.
    Most of the other stuff on this list is obtainable in game.
    So the game is ok for me.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,705
    Posts: 410
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Skill reset capsule aren't not needed.
    Simply because you can reset at Duncan now for cheap.

    Some people are still willing to buy these.
  • Sleepyz4lifeSleepyz4life
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Posts: 38
    Member
    edited December 30, 2017
    Opalthira wrote: »
    2017-12-28.png
    Sorry for the chicken scratch writing.

    The training category is already either;
    A) A flooded Market because of gachapons
    or
    B)The trash reward tier for almost every event.
    I think this is in an ok state.

    Skill reset capsule aren't not needed.
    Simply because you can reset at Duncan now for cheap.

    Recovery items
    Almost if not all of those are sold in the Seal Merchants store daily.
    And you can buy them pretty easily because you can spam the dailies on all characters.

    Wings
    They're the main source of income for this game tbh.
    They always sell for high amounts of money regardless of how ugly they are
    and people just eat them up like candy.

    Reforges
    These are pretty cheap now basic always set to 50% off when buying from bots.
    As for commerce reforges they are farmable from doing commerce.

    Trade potions
    Yeah these are pretty much gacha only but frequents are purchasable from events.
    So i'm in an ok state with these too.

    Pet adoption medal
    I honestly don't know what to say about this one other than its harder to get than most.
    Simply because it requires pre-paid nx, and if you aren't from the US it cost you much more money than the card says
    for its total worth.

    I find that the state of the game is ok.
    They gave us an event that gave out wings for 60 days - a year thats better than nothing I suppose.
    As long as those reforge shops don't close reforges are in an ok state.
    Most of the other stuff on this list is obtainable in game.
    So the game is ok for me.

    Specifically the reforge part really depends on your server, on Mari they still float around 450-500k ea for fines and 1.5-2m for credne's.

    I do full hardheartedly think that pet adoption medals should be craftable...
    pawcalypseTheNyanCat
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,460
    Posts: 1,021
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    2017-12-28.png
    Sorry for the chicken scratch writing.

    Where are you getting 200k reforges?
    pawcalypseTheNyanCat
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 19,125
    Posts: 2,131
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    @Opalthira
    When you say "As for commerce reforges they are farmable from doing commerce." are you talking about THESE.

    Because, you can't get those in-game atm.
    Even from gachapon.
    And definitely not from spamming Commerce.

    They've been from past gachapons and events, an event example being the Treasure Box Event which handed them out in "Incomplete Commerce Reforging Tool" form.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,110
    Posts: 482
    Member
    edited January 1, 2018
    Mysterious Reforge Tool was supposed to be added in ducat shop for 20k (ducat) in the first place...
    Plus, KR server's shy provides you Magic Speed Potion, Weapon Power Potion, Training Potion too.

    Eh, so I would say these types items only. Other than those two, it should stay where it is.
    pawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,350
    Posts: 937
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    @Opalthira
    When you say "As for commerce reforges they are farmable from doing commerce." are you talking about THESE.

    Because, you can't get those in-game atm.
    Even from gachapon.
    And definitely not from spamming Commerce.

    They've been from past gachapons and events, an event example being the Treasure Box Event which handed them out in "Incomplete Commerce Reforging Tool" form.

    Could've sworn I seen them in the shop before.
    Must have been some else then.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,350
    Posts: 937
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    2017-12-28.png
    Sorry for the chicken scratch writing.

    Where are you getting 200k reforges?

    That should have been 300k idk what i was thinking.
    pawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,920
    Posts: 1,391
    Member
    Enchants. Haunted ACC is Meta. Yet only those whales who was around when it was out got a shot @ it. I missed it cuz I was on hiatus. People are asking 200-300m for one. Double that if U want 2 to be OP.

    tenor.gif?itemid=5323299
    pawcalypse