Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Musical Knowledge Performance Effect

SeraphxSeraphx
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited January 7, 2017 in Help
Hello all,
I am maining bard and was wondering which is better to focus on:
Musical Knowledge Normal Performance Effect or Musical Knowledge Inspiring Performance Effect?
It's very rare for me to get an inspiring performance in general. v.v
  1. Which is better?9 votes
    1. Musical Knowledge Normal Performance Effect
       67% (6 votes)
    2. Musical Knowledge Inspiring Performance Effect
       33% (3 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Usually Inspiring is the more desired, just for the highest potential maximum.
  • BlitzerBlitzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Inspiring is impractical but if you want to help players show off damage like in damage tests or clobbermeister then this may be considered for you.
    Normal performance effect will pretty much guarantee you a much higher average buff overall so it helps parties in the majority of gameplay.
    If you land an excellent performance reforge (with Playing instrument effect), don't discard that either because its still more practical to use.
    Some scenarios you can look at that is heavily influenced by RNG so I could be wrong. If you are aiming to buff Battlefield overture, and have music duration buff + Tuan pet then you can take advantage of prolonging rarer buffs:

- Spend 1 second to land a Normal performance BFO, party can immediately start killing stuff
    - Spend like 30 seconds landing the Excellent effect for your party, summon Tuan for duration buff to multiply the duration
    Then party can start killing stuff at full potential
    - Spend like god knows how long (for me it could be inspiring in the first 30 seconds of trying to 40 minutes of facepalming), summon Tuan for duration buff to multiply the duration
    Then party can start killing stuff at full potential.

In the time it takes to get those buffs, you also want to think... if I just played a normal buff and we started fighting immediately, would I already be finished the dungeon/mission?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Unless it's for showing off damage it's best to go for normal performance since that's what you will be getting more often than not, so statistically speaking you will get more benefit from higher normal or even excellents. Unless you have god tier luck and get inspirationals literally every play.