Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merge NA/KR/JP/CN/TW together. Did I miss any?

courtneyycourtneyy
Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
edited January 6, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So.. as I'm sitting here watching a stream on twitch from KR Mabi I'm thinking to myself... It would be so much fun to be able to play together with ALL those people. I was also thinking to myself, even if the game was in the Korean language I would still play.

Do any of you ever do this? Do any of you ever have these thoughts?

I play other games where it doesn't matter what continent or what country you are from (most of these games have chat channels set up for different languages), but you are able to play with all sorts of people from around the world all together in one game.

I wish *crosses fingers* Nexon would consider this. Brainstorm and figure out a way to make this a possibility. Mabinogi North America visibly does not have the large player count that it used to and it would bring new life to the game if we could merge everyone together. Please?

I have my doubts that this will ever happen, but... I wanted to at least TRY to write a nice little forum post and suggest this.

IGN: courtneyy
Server: Tarlach

Comments

• ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    i have my main character in Beanfun's TW Mabi's, which used to be a Gamania's hosted game...
    this be all up to DevCat and Nexon Korea, i highly doubt something like this would come possible, due to the differences in content, pets, items, latency (ping) per region, etc..

this would be nice though, a single server with many many channels to pick from, and each channel has a better ping for X region in the worldwide community of players.

i miss TW Mabi and its crowded channels and market, but oh well, yeah this would be awesome if it was possible <3...
    courtneyy
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    You'd have to be puttin' your markets in Tir, Filia, Vales, and Qilla because of the lack of market space.
    [Deleted User]YangKoete
  • ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    암호 wrote: »
    You'd have to be puttin' your markets in Tir, Filia, Vales, and Qilla because of the lack of market space.

or probably and simply... merge all servers, and create big loads of channels, for example:
    CH1-CH20 KRs best ping
    CH21-CH30 TW's...
    CH31-CH40 JP's..
    CH41-CH51 NA's.. and so on..

anyone can log in at any channel, for marketing porpouses, but about the gameplay and your ping, that be up to you, so you obviously want to do dungeons on ur region's channels, altho you still get the chance to have fun with the diversity of players/culture/religions/language ! (which is a really really fun thing to enjoy and live with while gaming, if it wasn't because of this, i wouldn't have some basic knowledge of english and traditional chinese, when my native language is spanish! ..)
    courtneyy
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited January 8, 2018
    When Nexon America isn't even doing server merge, I don't think this will get anywhere...

Plus, too much different contents that foreign servers don't have, including ourselves compare to KR server.
    It's like more impossible than a meteor strikes on Earth within next 30 years. But I see your point. It would be quite fun if multiple servers were mixed or something like cross server dungeon. It sure would be nice but.... you know.. :^)
    courtneyy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The idea is cool and all, but everyone knows that it's impossible and it will never ever happen.
    courtneyy
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I would love it if they can fix the latency problem. Playing Mabi after the chain slash update is already excruciating because of the increase in lag probably because of many returning players, I can't imagine the lag playing with the entire server populations...

But it's impossible anyways.
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited January 8, 2018
    암호 wrote: »

Well, the thing is -- if you've seen the new content update in KR with the 'housing board' (not sure exactly what it's called since we don't have it here yet) but everything now is accessible quickly and easily (sort of like the Kiosk menu on our current housing board), I don't even see much of a need for shops with this?

When I was watching the KR stream, I forgot to ask them to take me to their shop channel or ask the twitch hoster if shops are even still a thing in KR. I'm sure they are, but like I said I am assuming it's not on a large scale anymore.

Oh also, fun fact, in case not everyone is aware in KR they have 20ish channels. It's absolutely amazing.
    Pip-Boy
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited January 12, 2018
    From a technical standpoint this would be incredibly expensive and probably cause a lot of problems. The price for servers that could handle the load of a badly optimized game like Mabinogi on top of global servers would probably end up outweighing profits.
    The idea is neat, but I don't think it's something Mabinogi could really use right now, without at the very least, having a massive engine overhaul.

When Mabinogi Europe shut down and we all moved over to NA, all servers (except alexina, which already had extra) got two additional channels and the servers were upgraded, but the load of our TINY EU playerbase spread between 4 servers (compared to our two, one of which only had 3 channels) actually crashed the channels on a daily basis for about 6 months, let alone the lag that EU players face from just ping issues from the server being located overseas, on top of the additional load.

My opinion is "Cool in theory, but in practice, not so much."
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oof no please, I'd never get on the game due to connection issues.
    Plus I dislike being around a lot of people on the game 24/7.
    [Deleted User]Scarly
  • ArlekielArlekiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 325
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oof no please, I'd never get on the game due to connection issues.
    Plus I dislike being around a lot of people on the game 24/7.

As how people are presenting this idea.. you would be able to log into (for example) Ch50 to Ch60, being hosted in NA , and other channels would be hosted in a different world area so you would be having the same ping as now, or even better (assuming they do some Hardware maintenance to make this posisble, which they would need to do).
    Also if you want to treat this as a solo game, then you would be able to do it as well, since you can just hop on into a not crowded channel..

All this while keeping the game alive, with fresh new people from other places of the world... in general I think its a GREAT idea :)
    and I hope nexon sees this and at least give it a thought...

Im an engineer and I can assure you its not "imposible to make" its hard and from a bussines perspective we would need to check who has the rights of Mabinogi in each region, and see how are they going to divide the profits. Tbh I think thats the biggest obstacle for this to happen.

However I would be happy even if they just merge NA together... Im in Ruairi, and the situation here is depresing.. we need some kind of merge...
    courtneyy
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited January 15, 2018
    First give us Fullmetal Alchemist Event (different for both KR and JP lol) and other KR-only stuff
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I hate to say this, but @Hardmuscle has a point... this was Global Maplestory for everyone at some point:
    q19DfG8.jpg
    (And it was almost every time, in the middle of anything, because of client and server problems.)
    I'm not even sure that it doesn't happen nowadays, because the constant and random crashing was just so painful.
    [Deleted User]
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Sry but thats a bad idea, the servers will get even more unstable and possibly break.
    Its fine as it is currently