Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't Get Into Game

YokkaichiYokkaichi
Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
in Technical Support
So I can run Nexon Launcher and launch Mabi just fine. I get to the log in screen and enter my second password just fine. I can choose my character and click to start the game, then I get to the loading screen. After it fully loads, I just see a black screen and my cursor, but I don't see my character or the town I'm in. I tried waiting a while to see if it will load, but it doesn't, it only stops playing the character select music and starts playing the music of the town I'm in. I tried waiting even more after that and the town still won't load.

I tried reinstalling Mabi and nothing changed. I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Geforce GTX 1050 Ti, I previously had the 610 Ti. Until now, I didn't have a problem running Mabi, even with the new graphics card. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next, so any help or ideas is much appreciated!

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Did your graphics driver recently update? It likely did. Try rolling back the driver to a previous version. Do be aware that you will need to first turn off the auto update in the Nvida software to prevent it from undoing the rollback.
  • MistumiMistumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    This is happening to everyone I only know some channels are glitched for sure, like it happened to someone on alexina ch 4 and someone on Mari ch6 probably should try to reset secondary password and see if that helps and stay away from those channels
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited January 8, 2017
    Hardmuscle

In case it's not just a resolution problem or something relative to a setting made in the game that your graphics card can't handle properly, run the 'default.reg' file in the main Mabinogi folder, to restore all of the game's settings to their default state.

The file is located here: C:\Nexon\Library\mabinogi\appdata\default.reg

If you have file extensions hidden, it's name will just say 'default' - there is only 1 file in that folder with that name.

To run the file, double click on it. When prompted with a warning from Windows about making changes to the Registry, press Yes.
    ---------------
    Thank you so much! Doing this worked and I was able to get into the game. I'll note this for future reference. I guess it was something in my settings that changed.
    --------------
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

Did your graphics driver recently update? It likely did. Try rolling back the driver to a previous version. Do be aware that you will need to first turn off the auto update in the Nvida software to prevent it from undoing the rollback.
    --------------
    Thanks for the suggestion! I forgot I can rollback to a previous version (in my defense, it was about midnight when I encountered this problem), but fortunately, it looks like I won't need to do that. I just checked and I do have auto update turned off.
    --------------
    Mistumi
    Mistumi said:

This is happening to everyone I only know some channels are glitched for sure, like it happened to someone on alexina ch 4 and someone on Mari ch6 probably should try to reset secondary password and see if that helps and stay away from those channels
    --------------
    Thanks for the suggestion! It looks like that won't be necessary though. I didn't know this was happening to other people, but I don't think it has to do with the server you're on. I'm on Tarlach anyway.

[Deleted User]