Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Nexon. Do something about seizure dyes

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited January 11, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
There has got to be away better way of dealing with seizure inducing dyes other than blacklisting people.

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 11, 2018
    Before that...We need a metal Dye fractal well. My Wardrobe OCD 2 flashy everrrything is killing me. I need moar unique colors than the standard preset of gacha flavors provided. :s
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Seizure prevention is more important than you need for bling wear.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 12, 2018
    Remember the commas debacle? XD
    [Deleted User]
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    It would be nice if there was an option to disable flashies (or annoying npc transformations) in the settings somewhere. It could just show the flashies as the first color they flash to on people.
    LutetiumBuffalospawcalypseBerryswirliMattxC
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    AgentJean wrote: »
    There has got to be away better way of dealing with seizure inducing dyes other than blacklisting people.

Pshaw. You should have seen it when flashy dyes were "in".
    SylviaWolfeZeo[Deleted User]VeylaineiMattxC
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    They did do something about them. They made them so common that no one wants to use them.

Serious note though, I delete bots to make room on my blacklist for flashy folk.
    WolfandWolfiMattxC
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Unisex wrote: »
    They did do something about them. They made them so common that no one wants to use them.

Serious note though, I delete bots to make room on my blacklist for flashy folk.
    That was actually kind of smart, in a way. A lot of people tend to wear items because of their rarity as a status symbol; take away that rarity and those same individuals want nothing more to do with them.

On the flip side, though, those who want to use them because they like them now have easier access. :/
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Unless the character is taking up 80% of your screen space I don't think there's any flashy dye in the game that could induce a seizure. Could be wrong with that, but I think the "seizure inducing" tag is a bit of an over exaggeration. Doesn't make 'em any less annoying to look at when on people like Rhey people who slap dye well dyes randomly on everything they own, though.
    Zeocourtneyy[Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

But u can blacklist already. :(
    My wardrobe needz moar unique colors. Pink/Green/Red/blue gets stales pretty fast when U got over 1000+ things 2 bling up. :s
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Unless the character is taking up 80% of your screen space I don't think there's any flashy dye in the game that could induce a seizure. Could be wrong with that, but I think the "seizure inducing" tag is a bit of an over exaggeration. Doesn't make 'em any less annoying to look at when on people like Rhey people who slap dye well dyes randomly on everything they own, though.

B-b-but it's...
    xt0bkik5socvdbuhim.gif?w=760
    I've already tried the whole "Monotone" colors thang. It got boring fast. There's moar flair in the flashinogi department. :p
    courtneyy[Deleted User]
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited January 12, 2018
    I have a seizure robe, It is quiet lovely. I only were it for reactions because half the time the reactions are funny. Though i've never actually seen someone complain about it... xD Honestly, i like the flashy dyes, but that's only because they don't get over -removed- priced liked the other dyes do. plus some of them have cool effects.
    But I honestly would mind if they changed how the colors switch, giving it more of a fade effect may help.
    In the end though, if you want it changed that badly, could always message them about it. Maybe say the flashing hurts you and so on. Maybe (Not likely) They will do something about it.
    [Deleted User]
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited January 13, 2018
    Rhey wrote: »

But u can blacklist already. :(
    My wardrobe needz moar unique colors. Pink/Green/Red/blue gets stales pretty fast when U got over 1000+ things 2 bling up. :s
    Buffalos wrote: »

B-b-but it's...
    xt0bkik5socvdbuhim.gif?w=760
    I've already tried the whole "Monotone" colors thang. It got boring fast. There's moar flair in the flashinogi department. :p

problem asrises with the blacklist tho to solve the issue of flashy dyes. that person may be selling something your looking for but because they are blacklisted you dont see them. as a result you just straight up dont know,

it would be best if nexon just implemented a direct feature that disabled flashy dyes on that persons screen. -removed-
    Zeo
  • CaideCaide
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Hardly even see flashy dye clothing these days, most people i see are usually all primary color, like a crayon from head to toe. I will say that I dont recommend blacklisting players, if you ask me blacklisting should only be used for bots, I think blacklisting actual players is kinda restricting yourself since you can never see or read anything they say or do so you might be missing out on something in the future whether that something is good or bad who knows.
    TheDumbOneZeo[Deleted User]
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Caide wrote: »
    Hardly even see flashy dye clothing these days, most people i see are usually all primary color, like a crayon from head to toe. I will say that I dont recommend blacklisting players, if you ask me blacklisting should only be used for bots, I think blacklisting actual players is kinda restricting yourself since you can never see or read anything they say or do so you might be missing out on something in the future whether that something is good or bad who knows.

HAHAHAH like a crayon XDDDDDDDD
    [Deleted User]
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    ridiculously unnatural MS-Paint color-schemes
  • UnisexUnisex

Caide wrote: »

Nope, Ive never regretted blocking someone with uncomfortable flashy. Even when they join my party, and are a ghost through a whole mission lol.
    Parties are still viewable in chat, and notes can still be sent(last I checked) so it doesnt matter.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    The 'Uncomfortablists'. Is this new meta?

But really, if anything is needed, try to post on Suggestion section.
    Zeo[Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Ellisya wrote: »
    The 'Uncomfortablists'. Is this new meta?

But really, if anything is needed, try to post on Suggestion section.

Might want to start with requesting a Black and White mode.
    Remember, the one where some games would normally use the effect, when the character is dead and in a ghost mode.
    That way, any flashing lights could look like this instead:
    giphy.webp
    But then again, it kind of defeats the purpose of the dye system if everyone uses it to fool themselves into thinking their character is monochrome.
    Zeo[Deleted User]
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The dyes can't induce a seizure at all.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean 'something' should be done about it. I could say the same for people who wear Oreo and only Oreo,I don't like it but it doesn't bother me, it's their fashion style, not mine, It's not hurting my life.

I remember when I first joined this game, the item i wanted the most was a Lava Cat robe, I finally got one (this was 2011) and it was flashy dyed and I remember someone game up to me and started harassing me ingame saying I was going to put their wife in the hospital and he threathened to report me.
    ZeoBuffalosNewbieChaincourtneyy[Deleted User]
  • UnisexUnisex
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    The dyes can't induce a seizure at all.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean 'something' should be done about it. I could say the same for people who wear Oreo and only Oreo,I don't like it but it doesn't bother me, it's their fashion style, not mine, It's not hurting my life.

I remember when I first joined this game, the item i wanted the most was a Lava Cat robe, I finally got one (this was 2011) and it was flashy dyed and I remember someone game up to me and started harassing me ingame saying I was going to put their wife in the hospital and he threathened to report me.

Easy there, fuzzy little man peach.
    Sounds like your taking this super personally, because of what some randoms did to you years ago. How does someone wanting a feature to deal with Flashy dyes effect you?
    Hellkaizer
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I have to agree with @FayeKaiba, I have very sensitive eyes due to being visually impaired in real life (there’s some conditions but I won’t getting into that) and those flashy dyes can’t even cause me to get seizures.... it doesn’t induce the seizure at all and I have yet to hear anyone get an actual seizure from those flashy dyes, lmao.

I do find blacklisting someone just because they have something you don’t like such as flashy dyes, Oreo-colored outfits, and such is ridiculous though. They implemented the blacklist for the reason which is to mainly blacklist bots, spammers, and people who were harassing you or being toxic to you for a while... not because someone is wearing something you don’t like... that’s just silly.
    [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.