Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Nexon. Do something about seizure dyes

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Just look away.
    JulieZeo[Deleted User]VeylaineYangKoete[Deleted User]
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Personally, it really depends on the kind of flashy to decide what counts as a Seizure flashy.

The slower, smooth "flashies" are not a problem at all, and are rather underrated.

The random ones just look silly. Dye well ones usually. I like to slap these on clothes when someone asks for a "free outfit".
    Random color popo shirt is too good.

The extremely rapid ones are....interesting. I can see why some people dislike them on clothing, but they can look really neat on weapons.

Just be glad that flashy pet dyes don't exist yet.

Or else I'd give my pet chicken quite the upgrade...

0O5G2t1.jpg
    Zeo[Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 14, 2018
    Making Tia & Fez bags flashinoble was a gud move imo as well. Hopefully all bags get this overhaul treatment soon. :p

Why flashinogi hasn't been the trend since it's availability made infinite idk. :* :o :D

And Metal Dye well can't come out soon enuf. :#
    [Deleted User]
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited January 14, 2018
    Unisex wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    The dyes can't induce a seizure at all.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean 'something' should be done about it. I could say the same for people who wear Oreo and only Oreo,I don't like it but it doesn't bother me, it's their fashion style, not mine, It's not hurting my life.

I remember when I first joined this game, the item i wanted the most was a Lava Cat robe, I finally got one (this was 2011) and it was flashy dyed and I remember someone game up to me and started harassing me ingame saying I was going to put their wife in the hospital and he threathened to report me.

Easy there, fuzzy little man peach.
    Sounds like your taking this super personally, because of what some randoms did to you years ago. How does someone wanting a feature to deal with Flashy dyes effect you?

I'm not taking it personally at all? I forgot to add that I laughed my butt off at the idiot who 'threatened' to report me over something that can't happen. It doesn't effect me at all but wanting something to be done to something harmless is pointless because there is no issue with it. If there was an issue, then yeah maybe something can be done, but since there is no real issue, the way to fix this is to blacklist the person and move on. Since the dyes can't cause health issues, it's more likely something nexon will never do because it's not important. As I said, I don't like people who dress is all Oreo, but I don't think something should be done about it.
    ZeoBuffalos[Deleted User]
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    To clarify more on what I first said. Flashing Lights do not cause Epilepsy.

~ If you don't have Epilepsy, flashing lights will not give you Epilepsy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 16, 2018
    AgentJean wrote: »
    To clarify more on what I first said. Flashing Lights do not cause Epilepsy.
    ~ If you don't have Epilepsy, flashing lights will not give you Epilepsy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy
    Honestly if you're an epileptic you really shouldn't be playing video games to begin with if your triggers have to do with changes in light. Just sayin'.
    [Deleted User]VeylaineRadiant DawnShadoeNilrem
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited January 17, 2018
    Then it's to the blacklist with you inconsiderate people.

/thread
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

/thread

"People are giving me actual facts, evidence, trying to be reasonable, and giving me solutions! The proper response is to get mad that my own personal solution is not what every person on earth thinks and blacklist them over it!"

Very few people even wear flashies anymore. More than 50% of them don't even look good to begin with.

Flashy weps are all I see besides maybe 1 person with flashy clothes, and even then most people prefer slow flashies or standard metal dyes for weapons.

Just don't look at or ignore people with them.

And no, Epilepsy can't be your excuse. If someone playing mabi had that, they would have been hit hard by the CRIT EFFECT long before something as simple as flashy dyes did anything. And all the good ones don't flash anywhere fast enough for such.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to riding my Eye Burning Neon Giant Ultra Chicken.
    Trythis[Deleted User]BuffalosCrimsọn
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited January 17, 2018

/thread

Yes throw personal attacks to your critics, because you know cant prove epilepsy is some kind of pathogen. If you bothered to read both wikipedia posts the only certain acquired causes that are not genetic are truama stroke or tumours basically not flashing lights.

The references on the article you posted said its a sub of epilepsy and since the article and its reference didnt differ or give any different causes its safe to assume its the same as epilepsy then.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 18, 2018
    This really does remind me of the commas thread. But the edginess has reached a whole new level this time. Why do people have to be like this? Imposing and demanding their dispositions be accommodated at everyone else's expense. When the solution is utterly simple, but it is arrogantly not good enough. How asinine.

You know what I did in regards to the commas thread? I filed an ADA complaint. You know what happened? It was DENIED. I have proof that was sent to me in the mail. I shared this with a few friends on here and we had a good laugh. I can do it again and the same thing will more than likely happened again for this situation.

You know why? It's not important enough.

/thread
    Veylaine[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    The best idea in this whole thread is to add an option in settings to disable flashies.

Though I personally like them, I do think we should have an option to disable them if we so choose, for the people who dont like looking at them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    The best idea in this whole thread is to add an option in settings to disable flashies.

Though I personally like them, I do think we should have an option to disable them if we so choose, for the people who dont like looking at them.

I guess I don't see a problem with that. BUT you and I know that they will release 20 more gachas before even considering to implement anything like that.
  • NkeonaNkeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,515
    For now blacklisting is an option, however I will go ahead and forward this suggestion to have an option to toggle/disable flashy dyes via settings.

Due to this thread getting out of hand, I will also be closing this thread. Please remember to put feedback and suggestions in the respective categories. ^-^
This discussion has been closed.