Check out the P.E.T. Part 2 preview site: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/micro-site/pet/part2
Check out the patch notes for the July 16th update, P.E.T. Part 1: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23332/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fishing Event

MichiMichi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
Posts: 90
Member
edited January 18, 2018 in General Chat
Hey you guys! :D

So far... I really like how they put the Old Fish Trap so that your inventory doesn't get cluttered when you fish. This event is honestly not that bad at all imo.

Pros
Chance of getting a 10x17 Black Bag
Gems for Ego/Upgrades
Materials (helps people rank up some life skills)
SE Potions 300's
HS Seeds (for people who are working on their homesteads)
Potions to proff your items

Cons
You can only get 130 bait daily and 200 Bait on Hot Days (correct me if I'm wrong) cannot buy more bait
Cannot fish in your homestead (this doesn't bother me too much)

I was hoping to get more RE potions from this fishing event haha at least the 500's-1,000's.
300's isn't too bad but I tend to get potion poisoning... since my hp bar is around 1.4k ^^;
  1. What do you guys think about this fishing event? :)80 votes
    1. I like this fishing event!
       14% (11 votes)
    2. I wish I could buy more bait ;-;
       55% (44 votes)
    3. I want more RE/SE Potions 500-1,000
       11% (9 votes)
    4. Other
       20% (16 votes)

Comments

  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,200
    Posts: 892
    Member
    actually it 200 bait total on the hot days that give out 70 bait.
    Michi
  • MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    Posts: 90
    Member
    Negumiko wrote: »
    actually it 200 bait total on the hot days that give out 70 bait.

    ty xD edited my post Lolol
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    this is the worst ever, its so bad that the first thread that talked about this was removed by nexon. they know its a bad event and trying to hide it.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    watercat0 wrote: »
    this is the worst ever, its so bad that the first thread that talked about this was removed by nexon. they know its a bad event and trying to hide it.

    Yeah, it most certainly was not because you posted no constructive information about the event, made it seem really bad when its actually pretty decent, and most certainly not because you included a FUD poll with biased answers.

    No its clearly someone else's fault.

    OT:

    This event is actually really nice. Since you are limited on bait daily, this means the entire population won't be afk all day like in most fishing events. Its like they want us to play the game or something.
    UnisexBuffalosNewbieChainShadoeoffwithyourheadsTheNyanCatBlissfulkillnajee508SherriHazurahand 1 other.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Nilrem wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    This event is actually really nice. Since you are limited on bait daily, this means the entire population won't be afk all day like in most fishing events. Its like they want us to play the game or something.

    I thought the same thing. Im glad they set it up this way.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    This fishing event is the greatest ever
    For the first time, I don't have to search through every inch of my screen to get rid of all that trash
    Everything is stack-able too!
    MichiSherri
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    Unisex wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    This event is actually really nice. Since you are limited on bait daily, this means the entire population won't be afk all day like in most fishing events. Its like they want us to play the game or something.

    I thought the same thing. Im glad they set it up this way.

    this is what im talking about you guys are part of the problem for accepting these events, is never going to end unless everyone stops accepting it like its a real event.
    Dianusia
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    watercat0 wrote: »
    this is what im talking about you guys are part of the problem for accepting these events, is never going to end unless everyone stops accepting it like its a real event.
    So to you actual gameplay <<< event afk time? Or are you just copy/pasting the same thing you do in every new event thread as always?
    It has potions and a bag people have been wanting chances to get. It's only real draw backs are a bait limit and the fact that you can get normal potions and SE potions. It ain't perfect, but it's definitely an event people will like.

    Trythis
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited January 18, 2018
    @watercat0 this got deleted ( with your thread) but im really curious why do you play? Why are you still here?? It sounds you have a grudge against the company or you just love being angry. Always here bashing the company and discouraging new players I wonder how come you're not banned yet.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    we all know its going to be a very bad event they at nexon copy and paste together. this been happening for 4 years now.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Scarly wrote: »
    Speaking from the perspective of a relatively new player (lol, I started two or three weeks ago), it doesn't seem dead to me. As far as "dying" goes, I think that everything is always dying, a little bit at a time, so maybe that's not a helpful way to think of things.

    Hasn't this game been around for more than a decade? Probably, there's going to be some ups and downs during that time, and the mmo market has only become more competitive since back when Mabi was first created. It isn't saying much to say that less people are online now as compared to a decade ago. A better question would be how the experience is for newer players.

    I'll just say that I felt like it was time for something different, so I went looking for cute mmos to play. I haven't played an mmo since WoW, so I had no idea what was out there. Well. I tried nearly all of the top rated mmos that looked sorta cute. I didn't like any of them, even though a lot of them were more active than Mabi. I stayed away from Mabi initially due to how old the game was, but finally I was like, "Ah, what the heck!" Sooo, I installed and started it up. After the (sometimes painful) initial tutorial, I really have enjoyed it, and I've even made a few friends in the game despite the fact that I'm antisocial af (I am... Cripplingly shy. Most of the time.).

    So, I started playing and am bringing more players into the game by word of mouth.
    Unisex wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Since the chain blade update there have been time where the game literally tells me im not allowed to enter ch1.
    Also for the past like three weeks I can rarely finding any shop spaces that are open.

    The game is totally dead.

    Weather and Climate are two different things.
    Just because it rains doesn't mean it stops being a desert.

    That's true, but even if Mabi is a desert, that doesn't mean that it's inhospitable. Lots of plants and animals thrive in deserts and other similar environments. In fact, for some of them, only places like a desert can be home. :0

    Also, if anyone replies to this and says anything like this - "aww, cute little newbie filled with optimism. I'm a hardened player with one million hours logged and I eat the chest hair of my enemies for breakfast... Blah blah... Give it time... Blah blah... Chest hair for breakfast with no milk" - if anyone says that, then I'll never forgive you. Haha, if you're still logging in then you're evidence that the game isn't dead, so there. :0

    you dont know this but the game has nothing to offer after you beaten the story, you do not need a powerful weapon to be powerful and fashion is lock behind gotcha. if you were to not play the storyline, you will see the same problems.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    who's the wise guy that deleted my comment, this is proof that Nexon doesn't care. do not censorship us
    watercat0 wrote: »
    can't wait for the lame animation and awful attack timing so awful that a fox can kill you.
    Im not saying you should get banned but the amount of fud you post and its made worse by treating it likes a conspiracy by nexon to shut down dissenting opinions im surprised you haven't been banned yet.
    KageitoHumiliatingSherri
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Posts: 57
    Member
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Unisex wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    watercat0 wrote: »
    This event is actually really nice. Since you are limited on bait daily, this means the entire population won't be afk all day like in most fishing events. Its like they want us to play the game or something.

    I thought the same thing. Im glad they set it up this way.

    this is what im talking about you guys are part of the problem for accepting these events, is never going to end unless everyone stops accepting it like its a real event.

    Goddamnit Watercat.

    Meanwhile there's a month long event, in rotation, giving away x2ap, double skill training, change your looks for free, giving out free items such as gold, wings, and training seals.

    You dont have to like everything. I dont even "like" this event, myself. But I like how its setup.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,705
    Posts: 1,734
    Member
    edited January 18, 2018
    the event isn't too bad. I just wish the SE potions came in stacks of 10 or 20 instead of a single pot though... and I wish most things didn't expire
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    Trythis wrote: »
    @watercat0 this got deleted ( with your thread) but im really curious why do you play? Why are you still here?? It sounds you have a grudge against the company or you just love being angry. Always here bashing the company and discouraging new players I wonder how come you're not banned yet.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    we all know its going to be a very bad event they at nexon copy and paste together. this been happening for 4 years now.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Scarly wrote: »
    Speaking from the perspective of a relatively new player (lol, I started two or three weeks ago), it doesn't seem dead to me. As far as "dying" goes, I think that everything is always dying, a little bit at a time, so maybe that's not a helpful way to think of things.

    Hasn't this game been around for more than a decade? Probably, there's going to be some ups and downs during that time, and the mmo market has only become more competitive since back when Mabi was first created. It isn't saying much to say that less people are online now as compared to a decade ago. A better question would be how the experience is for newer players.

    I'll just say that I felt like it was time for something different, so I went looking for cute mmos to play. I haven't played an mmo since WoW, so I had no idea what was out there. Well. I tried nearly all of the top rated mmos that looked sorta cute. I didn't like any of them, even though a lot of them were more active than Mabi. I stayed away from Mabi initially due to how old the game was, but finally I was like, "Ah, what the heck!" Sooo, I installed and started it up. After the (sometimes painful) initial tutorial, I really have enjoyed it, and I've even made a few friends in the game despite the fact that I'm antisocial af (I am... Cripplingly shy. Most of the time.).

    So, I started playing and am bringing more players into the game by word of mouth.
    Unisex wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Since the chain blade update there have been time where the game literally tells me im not allowed to enter ch1.
    Also for the past like three weeks I can rarely finding any shop spaces that are open.

    The game is totally dead.

    Weather and Climate are two different things.
    Just because it rains doesn't mean it stops being a desert.

    That's true, but even if Mabi is a desert, that doesn't mean that it's inhospitable. Lots of plants and animals thrive in deserts and other similar environments. In fact, for some of them, only places like a desert can be home. :0

    Also, if anyone replies to this and says anything like this - "aww, cute little newbie filled with optimism. I'm a hardened player with one million hours logged and I eat the chest hair of my enemies for breakfast... Blah blah... Give it time... Blah blah... Chest hair for breakfast with no milk" - if anyone says that, then I'll never forgive you. Haha, if you're still logging in then you're evidence that the game isn't dead, so there. :0

    you dont know this but the game has nothing to offer after you beaten the story, you do not need a powerful weapon to be powerful and fashion is lock behind gotcha. if you were to not play the storyline, you will see the same problems.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    who's the wise guy that deleted my comment, this is proof that Nexon doesn't care. do not censorship us
    watercat0 wrote: »
    can't wait for the lame animation and awful attack timing so awful that a fox can kill you.
    Im not saying you should get banned but the amount of fud you post and its made worse by treating it likes a conspiracy by nexon to shut down dissenting opinions im surprised you haven't been banned yet.

    no this isnt about me its about nexon who been treating NA users badly while kr gets better events. i seen this happen in Pangya, dragon nest and sword art online (not mobile version). they are all dead because players like you allow it to happen and some of you say you like this game but no enough to fight nexon i see.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited January 18, 2018
    @watercat0 and my post is about you. You wonder why they delete your posts, because you make yourself seem like the alexjones of the forums. Claiming things like nexon is "censoring " when clearly you are breaking rules outlined in code of conduct. Not to mention when you exaggerate some posts and make something seem a lot worse than it actually is.
    Hardmuscle
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,030
    Posts: 1,494
    Member
    I have gazed into a crystal ball and seen the future of this thread.
    p08gDmi.gif
    Will it's fate be changed? Can it be changed? Or is it inevitable?

    6r6wptG.gif
    Radiant Dawn
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Posts: 52
    Member
    Trythis wrote: »
    @watercat0 and my post is about you. You wonder why they delete your posts, because you make yourself seem like the alexjones of the forums. Claiming things like nexon is "censoring " when clearly you are breaking rules outlined in code of conduct. Not to mention when you exaggerate some posts and make something seem a lot worse than it actually is.

    alex jones huh? so watercat is like this?
    FsOkDwS.jpg
    HardmuscleRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,750
    Posts: 7,466
    Member
    I'm not really going to complain about this event, we all knew the drop rate for the bag was going to be dismal. But whats cool about this event is that it gives us the opportunity to further grow our ego weapons.
    Chocokitten
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,705
    Posts: 1,734
    Member
    edited January 18, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'm not really going to complain about this event, we all knew the drop rate for the bag was going to be dismal. But whats cool about this event is that it gives us the opportunity to further grow our ego weapons.

    something the manus potion event did way better without waving a juicy and (near impossible to get) reward in our faces. Halloween event was the same way with the drawstring pouch... I opened SO many boxes and didn;t get one. The perma wing coupons for the light & darkness event were just as rare. The events are getting stale imo, and no KR is not getting better events... we're all getting the same junk. i opened so many chain slash boxes and barely got anything... used so many chain slash coins and got nothing even though there were hundreds of 5 mil checks PER WEEK. it's just... idk. We've been getting a bit to many of the events with high RNG factor recently
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,750
    Posts: 7,466
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'm not really going to complain about this event, we all knew the drop rate for the bag was going to be dismal. But whats cool about this event is that it gives us the opportunity to further grow our ego weapons.

    something the manus potion event did way better without waving a juicy and (near impossible to get) reward in our faces. Halloween event was the same way with the drawstring pouch... I opened SO many boxes and didn;t get one. The perma wing coupons for the light & darkness event were just as rare. The events are getting stale imo, and no KR is not getting better events... we're all getting the same junk. i opened so many chain slash boxes and barely got anything... used so many chain slash coins and got nothing even though there were hundreds of 5 mil checks PER WEEK. it's just... idk. We've been getting a bit to many of the events with high RNG factor recently

    I mean what are you going to do? KR loves gacha. They are not going to stop. Honestly did you think that maybe they are trying to kill this game on purpose? To force us to play their other titles because this game is severely outdated? That's my little conspiracy theory I've had for a while.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Posts: 359
    Member
    edited January 18, 2018
    The gems aren't appealing since one go of Nowhere to Run gives me like 50 of them, I have pets full of RE/SE potions, there's a <0.1% chance of getting the bag, and the rest of the reward list is...not relevant to my interests. I'm just going to ignore this one.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,750
    Posts: 7,466
    Member
    TheOthic wrote: »
    Trythis wrote: »
    @watercat0 and my post is about you. You wonder why they delete your posts, because you make yourself seem like the alexjones of the forums. Claiming things like nexon is "censoring " when clearly you are breaking rules outlined in code of conduct. Not to mention when you exaggerate some posts and make something seem a lot worse than it actually is.

    alex jones huh? so watercat is like this?
    FsOkDwS.jpg

    Don't forget to take your

    brain_force_plus_now_25_percent_off.jpg
    TheOthic