Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fishing Event

Comments

• NeyheshiNeyheshi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Shaeli wrote: »
    The gems aren't appealing since one go of Nowhere to Run gives me like 50 of them, I have pets full of RE/SE potions, there's a <0.1% chance of getting the bag, and the rest of the reward list is...not relevant to my interests. I'm just going to ignore this one.

They're all garbage 3 cm gems though. I think this one gives decent sizes. Nonetheless if it was a straight up potion event I wouldnt mind too much. The fact that they have a bag available that only 5 or so players in a server will get... that's kinda what irks people about it. Especially since we get limited bait per day. That just adds to the pain of never getting the bag. Limited bait+stupid rare awesome bag = unhappy players.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    R.I.P watercat0.
    Finally
    TheNyanCatBlissfulkillCarlizeSylviaWolfeSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I don't mind this event! Gems, potions, chance at something good; I've even gotten some leathers, which I never seem to get enough of. And the leather/mat drop seems much better than in previous events. I especially love how you can open the stacks at your leisure instead of full items spamming your invo. XD

I am curious though; I noticed we still have the special snow. I'm not complaining (I rather love it, to be honest. It's a good match for ice fishing!). I guess I was just a little confused, thinking maybe it was going to leave with the Chain event. But then, maybe it's part of the Master Plan event?

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I just really love how instead of fishing up 10 bag's-worth of junk while fishing, we fish up auto-stacking gift-box-type items that we can open later on at our convenience.

I wish alllll the fishing events were like that.

Now they just have to work on paring down the gift box prizes...
    Like remove all non-RE/SE potions, expiring consumables (feathers, mp/hp/sp buff potions, etc), herbs, cheap/common fabrics/leathers/straps.
    WolfandWolfVeylaineTheNyanCatRadiant DawnChickendSherri
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    The rewards are rubbish for me except the black bag ofc which I know I'll never get. I stocked up enough mats from previous events and already capped all life skills except tailoring dan ranks which doesn't really need those mats and apparently RE/SE potions comes only as 1 (didn't open the fish trap yet)? It's a good thing the bait is limited so I don't feel the tendency to afk fishing for 24 hours straight.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I am more focused on trying to get the new fishing chair instead of the black bag coupon, this event only lasts 20 days and with limited bait it looks like missing even a day could hurt a players chances at getting all the glacier smelt fish rewards. there are lots of great things about this event. old fish traps really reduce the inventory clutter and most of the rewards are great (personally I think the new fishing chair is adorable and far better looking then the ordinary fishing chairs we currently have) also it is great to finally see a new Iria event, almost everything happens in Uladh so it is nice to see Iria getting some attention. the limited bait is a little tricky to get used to but it is a interesting idea :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 19, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    R.I.P watercat0.
    Finally

Wow...

watercat0 you must've crossed a line further than I ever did.

tenor.gif?itemid=4749194

I noticed the mods are active in the forums. We need to tone it down for a while until they go dormant again. :)
    Also I have a sneaking suspicion that the GM's are moderating this forum. Be careful out there everyone.
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    edited January 19, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I am more focused on trying to get the new fishing chair instead of the black bag coupon, this event only lasts 20 days and with limited bait it looks like missing even a day could hurt a players chances at getting all the glacier smelt fish rewards. there are lots of great things about this event. old fish traps really reduce the inventory clutter and most of the rewards are great (personally I think the new fishing chair is adorable and far better looking then the ordinary fishing chairs we currently have) also it is great to finally see a new Iria event, almost everything happens in Uladh so it is nice to see Iria getting some attention. the limited bait is a little tricky to get used to but it is a interesting idea :)

I don't think the window for getting all 130 fish is too strict. I got 14 today using 130 bait from the initial batch and the smelt daily, so you really only need about 10 days' worth of commitment. Of course, that's also assuming you've got a decent fishing setup (Adonis gear, high-rank fishing, title, Item W22, fishing chair), but then again, that's not factoring in the bonus hot time bait.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I thought I was going to pass on this event at first, but then I accidentally left the looping gif of the chair in my browser window

00J8Z-3334bd9d-6b61-4ae0-bee5-c067411234ef.gif

And the longer I watched it, the more mesmerised I got...

Guess I'll be here for the next three weeks
    BlissfulkillSherri
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090

I don't think the window for getting all 130 fish is too strict. I got 14 today using 130 bait from the initial batch and the smelt daily, so you really only need about 10 days' worth of commitment. Of course, that's also assuming you've got a decent fishing setup (Adonis gear, high-rank fishing, title, Item W22, fishing chair), but then again, that's not factoring in the bonus hot time bait.

Don't we need 300 glacier smelt to get the chair? It looks like we have to get all the smaller rewards before we can get that one.
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited January 19, 2018
    Shadoe wrote: »

Don't we need 300 glacier smelt to get the chair? It looks like we have to get all the smaller rewards before we can get that one.

exactly my point, collecting a total of 300 glacier smelts could be a challenge. if players catch 15 fish a day they could get 300 glacier smelts in 20 days. just to see the results I also tried a day of fishing with a alt that had no fishing experience ever and caught 13 glacier smelts. the hot days give everyone a chance to catch up but if a player misses anymore then 1 or 2 days it might seriously hurt their chances to collect everything.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    im just impressed that the event bait has a chance of catching sturgeons. I mean, I'm a little mad that I finally caught one a couple days prior to the event after being after it for a year, BUT this gives me a chance to get a 5 star one lol
  • ShadoeShadoe
    On my main I got 16 glacier smelt yesterday with 130 bait and only one failed fishing attempt.

I've caught of plenty of sturgeon before, but I'm still stuck at two stars.
    /crosses fingers
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    someone did a test and if you manual catch everything that's a "small catch" and cancel the rest you get more glacial smelt. that person claimed to get 70+ glacial smelt yesterday
    Unisex
  • ShadoeShadoe
    The one I failed on yesterday was the one I tried to manually catch, so I don't think that's going to help me, unfortunately.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited January 19, 2018
    Doesnt seem to be a difference between manual and auto fishing when there's a small catch. I seem to get 50/50 on the different kinds of smelts. but it does cut the fat, in terms of other fish and the Fish Traps.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    There also doesn't seem to be any difference when using normal rod and item rod. Or that glacial smelt is actually considered a fish and the visual is just a glitch or something. Because I caught slightly more glacial smelt with a normal rod than the item rod...........
  • ShadoeShadoe
    edited January 19, 2018
    Unisex wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to be a difference between manual and auto fishing when there's a small catch. I seem to get 50/50 on the different kinds of smelts. but it does but the fat, in terms of other fish and the Fish Traps.
    ??? What is that supposed to say?

And I don't get anywhere near 50/50 with automatic fishing. I'm getting a lot more regular smelt.

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Arjune wrote: »
    someone did a test and if you manual catch everything that's a "small catch" and cancel the rest you get more glacial smelt. that person claimed to get 70+ glacial smelt yesterday

Can they provide proof of this?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

Can they provide proof of this?

That would be a lot of proof to prove.