Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fishing Event

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I just chatted with other Mabinogi players. Turns out, everyone is just too shy to talk, not AFK. You need a really great....Ice Breaker to get people talking people. o:)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »
    That's just too tedious to keep staring at your character for hours, just for a chance to get some more of Glacier Smelt. I afk fished for 3rd day now and i already got 69 (Hah... Good number...) Glacier Smelt.

69 Smelts already? Snow way! That number sounds quite...fishy, as Icy it. But AFKing for 3 days? Sounds like you should Chill out. Even though AFK events in Mabinogi are a Polarizing topic that many love to debait, it is great, as the minutes in one day Articking away. Might as well use them for other things, am I right?

Have I made enough puns to be cool now? B)
    SherriUnisexShadoeRadiant Dawnoffwithyourheads
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    edited January 20, 2018
    First day 14 glaciers out of 130 bait. Second day 10 out of 130. Third day 24 out of 200. I don't feel the need to watch what message pops up when I get a bite, at least not yet. Maybe if my glacier drop rates are bad towards the end of the event, but I'd honestly like to get as many old fish traps as possible to try my luck at a black bag instead of having a surplus of glaciers I don't need because I rushed to 300. I'm assuming glaciers can't be traded, so this speedier method is only good for short-term fishing if you're not planning to fish for the entire event. Incidentally, 295 fish traps after three days is a good start. Expecting to have nearly 2k by the end.

That being said, while it's nice to just be able to collect my extra daily bait as soon as the day rolls over, I could certainly stand for considerably less regular smelt.
    Greta
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Why can't the event reward at the end be the bag? How stupid.

ShadoeoffwithyourheadsNewbieChain
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    Why can't the event reward at the end be the bag? How stupid.

That sounds little too much.

After all, so Nexon can sell more gacha in future that contains more black bags probably.
    Greta
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    how is the odd?
    i open more than
    200 old fish traps and get nothing but junk
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I would be really surprised to see/know even one person to get the bag honestly. So rare! :<
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    These are designed to be extremely rare but tricking you to think there's a good chance with hundreds of traps. It's easy to think there's a lowest chance to get things (in our minds maybe 0.01% is the best we can readily imagine). But honestly they probably planned something like "we only want 10 players to get this", and so using math, is more like 0.00001% to get a black bag from a trap, and so you need like 10000000 traps to get it
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited January 20, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    That's just too tedious to keep staring at your character for hours, just for a chance to get some more of Glacier Smelt. I afk fished for 3rd day now and i already got 69 (Hah... Good number...) Glacier Smelt.

69 Smelts already? Snow way! That number sounds quite...fishy, as Icy it. But AFKing for 3 days? Sounds like you should Chill out. Even though AFK events in Mabinogi are a Polarizing topic that many love to debait, it is great, as the minutes in one day Articking away. Might as well use them for other things, am I right?

Have I made enough puns to be cool now? B)

Lemme show you the way out.
    Ladame wrote: »
    I would be really surprised to see/know even one person to get the bag honestly. So rare! :<

Shadow play is always running. I'll show you the clip when I get it. B)
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I kind of like the way they set up this event. Plus I don't mind the low drop rate for the bag, it gives me motivation to do the event. The only thing I wish is that I could just buy more bait from an NPC even if I had to pay say 5k for each bait. I guess they can't change that now and we just have to live with the daily bait and hot times :L

I'm a little disappointed that the gems are for the majority only 5cms -- I end up dropping them all, but I'm happy diamonds were included. C:
  • EllisyaEllisya
    edited January 21, 2018
    Hazurah wrote: »
    how is the odd?
    i open more than

for reference, KR server ;
    13000 Fish Traps = 0 Bag Coupon

Forget about bag people. Go get some Fine Gem Powders and 5 & 10cm Diamonds.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Lemme snow you the way out.

fixed~
    Gaby5011
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Too much puns. 11/10 thread.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ellisya wrote: »
    how is the odd?
    i open more than

Forget about bag people. Go get some Fine Gems and 5,10cm Diamonds.

Yep, that's all this event is for me. I have gained some ego levels easy because of this event. Forget the bag guys, this is a ego feeding event.
    Shadoe
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I accepted this as the ego-feeding event long ago, I just wish it also gave Tin potions. I have to stop and go fish with old bait every week to keep up my Tin potion needs! T_T
    them diamonds tho
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030

Jesus christ... I do really wish the KR Mabinogi team would at least consider the population that NA Mabinogi have and tweak around with the drop rates so items literally won’t be non-existent...
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    byw, can i use homestead ice fishing hole with these baits
  • EllisyaEllisya
    byw, can i use homestead ice fishing hole with these baits
    No
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Zeo wrote: »

Jesus christ... I do really wish the KR Mabinogi team would at least consider the population that NA Mabinogi have and tweak around with the drop rates so items literally won’t be non-existent...

If people were very honest and could only use 1 client or 1 character only... then maybe they would do that.
    ZeoGretaKageitoUnisexRadiant Dawn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited January 21, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    how is the odd?
    i open more than

Forget about bag people. Go get some Fine Gems and 5,10cm Diamonds.

Yep, that's all this event is for me. I have gained some ego levels easy because of this event. Forget the bag guys, this is a ego feeding event.

Ego feeding ego feeding!!!

But seriously, those gem powders ARE quite nice. And these diet potions aren't too bad for me, since I'm trying to fill up my cooking journal XD I have about a hundred dishes left to go.

EDIT: seriously, you should read some of the chef comments in them XD XD XD