Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NPC Clothing Shop Revamp

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited January 15, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
One of the problems with Mabinogi, is that the functionality of NPCs who sell goods became rather weak and no longer viable.
There's so much gold in the marketplace, that the only way Nexon has dealt with gold sinks is by purposefully making the RNG in gachapons progressively worse.
The gachapons keep rolling out, and there's no actual use for these NPCs to sink gold properly, despite all of the new content that should become F2P as time goes on.
Unfortunately, very many of us veteran players are sick and tired of repeatedly grinding old events for old gear.
From one player to the next, let's host a community discussion about the following NPCs and what kind of old gachapon exclusives would best fit in their stores. (2009-late 2016)<- due to Gachapon reruns

*Also make sure to explain, so that KR (hopefully, so we pray) can see why NPCs need some love, and hopefully we can see some useful updates.

Without further ado, here's a few intros to get even a newbie started:
Malcom- A newbie's paradise. Aside from revamping some of the gear itself, what kind of newbie gear would fit best? The old premium rebirth gear, or something else?

Simon- Old and drab gear that was so fab four years ago. In dire need of new stock.

Fleta- The queen of magic gear, and probably gear made with magic. Could use a few interesting items.

Ailionoa- I must admit, her gear is quite tasteful and affordable, but there's always room for higher class products.

Effie- A lot of the outfits feel almost lacking in the outdoorsy, yet chic styles. One might say they're rather basic.

Lepus- Again, not touching the topic of redraws. However, this selection feels rather lacking in the elf exclusives department.

Zeder- Oh he's a jolly little giant... with a sad little selection. A few more giant exclusives never hurts.

Kusina- I was expecting a more wild and animal print styled stock, yet it still feels rather basic.

Brenda- Such a sweet little face must at least have some original designs of her own, right? They're probably really cute too!

Eluned- The queen of Mabinogi fashion trends herself, and quite noble. Need we say more?

Vanalen- A Mere General Shop owner, yet claims a small line of fashion herself. How odd...perhaps she desires a larger storefront?
YangKoeteZeoLutetiumAnimika

Comments

• EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited January 16, 2018
    +1

And please remove age restriction, one in Fleta's shop...
    These days we no longer have restriction from either gacha or npc shop so why not old ones?
    YangKoeteDarkpixie99RougeKatze
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 15, 2018
    Here's my personal ideas, please note that there's tons more that I haven't listed yet:
    Malcom- Selina School Uniform, Slim Inner Robe, Duck Cap, Hypno Glasses, Funky Doctor Glasses, Fish Pin Kitty Hat, Vintage Goggle Cap, Casual Jumpsuit, Casual Suit W/B, Archeress School Wear, Plain Hairband, Goggle Cap

Simon- Chic Suit, as it can be obtained by tailoring, it should at least be purchasable for standard stats. Headphones, Jester Robe, Idol Plaid Sets, Checkered Ankle Boots, Cross Style Suit, Summer Knit Cap, Elegant Gothic Suit, Lueys' Vest Wear, Terra Gothic Full Dress, Shining Stars (earrings), Emerald's Classic Celtic Set, Mongo's Wizard Hat

Fleta- Wing crafting: a new feature that requires various crafting materials alongside reoccurring event exclusive materials to make old wings. Pumpkin Bat Set, Devil Set, Reaper's Set, Frog Robe, Vivid Casual Shoes, Short Swordsmanship School Uniform (F), Lava Cat Robe Tailoring Pattern, Bell Fox Set, Glamour and Illusion Sets, Gothic Lolita Set

Ailionoa- Riding Suit, as it's available via crafting, should be obtainable with standard stats. Incubus Siren Set, Luxurious Evening Dress, Elegant Gothic Dress Long/Short, Nightgown, Coco Set, Flowery Evening Dress, Large Ribbon, Crinoline Set, Good Morning Set, Iris Headdress

Effie- Coy Quilt Wear, as it can be obtained by tailoring, it should at least be purchasable for standard stats. The Adonis Set would be a nice addition, but it would have to be in a set server quantity for the week due to it's extra stats. Cowboy Hat, Tropical Escape Packages (seasonal events tab), Boatswain Pirate Bandana, Eyepatch, Scathach Outfit and Shoes, Romantic Sweeping Veil

Lepus- Feather Beret, Kira Floral-Patterned Robe, Stitched Long Robe Armor, Terra Ancient Pattern Wear, Straw Hat, Gamyu Wizard Robe Set, Flame Patterned Sets, Halona Mask, Mongo's Large Visor Wizard Hat

Zeder- I could easily see him selling old Holiday clothing, as it is always winter in Vales. Snowflake Set, Long and Short Giant Maid Outfit, Primitive Fox Sets, Figure Skating Set

Kusina- I feel like she's an NPC that could easily sell intimates (undergarments from the Cherish Me gachapon) and get away with it. She's very out of place in Cor selling normal clothes in the first place, so maybe undergarments could be her thing? Classic Couple Sets, Femme Fatale Set, Shamaness Set, Men's Tengu Set, Badoura Set, Butterfly Sets, Aladdin Set

Brenda- The Cressida set would also be nice to see here, but again would have to be in a limited weekly number per server due to the stats. Adorable Raccoon Set, Bat Set, Rubber Goggles, Fitted Cord Set, Terra Gothic Suit, Two Piece Overall Set, , Starry Bunny Headband, Shiny Gothic Frill Dress

Eluned- Aside from her genderbending exclusive line, I feel that her selling wigs wouldn't be too much of a stretch. It is an old tradition of nobles to wear wigs, after all. Puffy Cocktail Dress, Party Ensemble (F), Royal Raiment Set, Cute Princess Dress, Bonnet, Bolero and Jumper Skirt, Eluned's Fashionista Dress, Eluned's Fashionista Suit, After School Set and others from School Uniform gachapon, Puppet Theater Set, Detective Sets, Shylock's Costume, rest of the Hamlet NPC Cast Inspired sets, and rest of the NPC Inspired sets counting from below the squires addition

Vanalen- It would be a nice change of pace for her to sell her Rain Set and other line of clothes. Bianca Drawers Layered Skirt, Bonita Silky Set

Osla- Winged Helm, Dragon Scale Sets, Royal Prince Set, Royal Princess Set, Cat Armor Set, Exquisite Arashi Armor Sets, Battleborn Outfit Sets, Star Hairpin

Tanues- Chinese Dragon Armor (Giant) blacksmith pattern

Meles- Chinese Dragon Armor (Elf) blacksmith pattern

Andras- Chinese Dragon Armor (Human) blacksmith pattern
    YangKoeteUnisex
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I like all these ideas! owo I think this'd be a great set of additions!
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    The NPC shop being revamped is waaaaaaay overdue and this is something very simple to a point where it would actuslly help keep Mabinogi more active for now because new players would have more selection of nice clothes to pick from without having to rely on gachapons hoping they’d get something nice to use.

Make it happen! 1+
    YangKoeteLutetium
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Yes, first impressions are important. The first shops you go to have the worst selections.
    While we are at it, add new part time jobs,with better rewards, Id love to see people doing part time jobs again for a chance at rare materials.
    ZeoDarkpixie99LadameJazmyn
  • IncubiAlchIncubiAlch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Absolutely agree with this!
    This would be a huge boost to fixing the economy within mabi, and would get new players feeling like they're part of the community and not getting judged from their newbie wear. Personally I really like a lot of the NPC exclusive items, but most of them still have a very blocky shape. After all these updates, isn't it time to smooth out all the old outfits. Get them up to date. Please!
    Darkpixie99LutetiumJazmynYangKoeteAnimika
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    My husband and I were discussing some of the bad NPC shop items awhile ago, and I mentioned to him how they were poorly designed even during the original NA release of the game, and here it is, 10 years later, and they are still there and still look just as bad... (not all of the NPC items are bad, just most of them.. Lol.) Imagine how bad they look to new players who aren't in their late 20's and early 30's that grew up with Mabinogi with the technology of today... :s Sure, Mabinogi is not meant to be a "fancy graphic" type of game and I wouldn't want it to be, but some more detailed items in the NPC shops are definitely a must.
    Darkpixie99YangKoete
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I dont like the limited item idea.
    Mostly because people are just gonna buy it out weekly reset like with the chain slash stuff.
    So if its gonna be limited they need sub par stats on them. Otherwise everyone is just gonna buy it all and then resell for higher money.
    Darkpixie99YangKoete
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I dont like the limited item idea.
    Mostly because people are just gonna buy it out weekly reset like with the chain slash stuff.
    So if its gonna be limited they need sub par stats on them. Otherwise everyone is just gonna buy it all and then resell for higher money.

That is a fair point, but it's ultimately up to Nexon KR to decide on either selling the clothes or inventing new tailoring patterns for the stat related ones.
    I only gave the limited stock idea, as it is within the system already, and should be less involved for a quick stock revision.
    (Assuming that it's limited to 1 server purchase per account out of say 20 per week.)
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    I agree that NPC shops are LONG overdue for an overhaul. I think several steps should be involved:
    1. New textures/models for old clothing. Some old clothes are decent design-wise, but the textures are terrible. Others could use a higher poly count as well.
    2. Fewer race/age restrictions on old outfits. Most of the old outfits were human/elf only.
    3. Addition of old gacha/event clothes to NPC shops. Examples: Primitive Fox, Tioz, etc.
    4. Do the same for sewing patterns and blacksmith manuals.

I also like the idea of limited quantity items. Make it like the Trade Imp's shop, that they change every in-game day, and only a few are available at any given time.
    YangKoeteJazmynLadameDarkpixie99