Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

State of Mabi?

Comments

• MoonkaMoonka
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    My biggest suggestion for those struggling with continued engagement with Mabinogi is simply to join an active guild. Combat related guilds especially will help with engagement, as they often do mid-to-end-game content in groups. With guild battle update coming up, new and established guilds alike will surely be recruiting and working towards becoming stronger before the update hits.

Generally, right now as a whole the game is quite quiet, which is to be expected at the end of fun events (master plan) and the beginning of the school season. When g21 comes out in a few months, things will pick back up again and be more exciting. Evenings are more active than mornings, weekends more active than weekdays.

As a whole, the state of the game is still quite strong.
  • PaxsekoPaxseko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    edited February 8, 2018
    I took this picture to perfectly encapsulate the state of Mabi:

ocaS5uKWSW6agTg0e4cicw.jpg

Gold bots. Dropped to the sky filler items from the latest event. Items still with Korean names. Asocial people-- mostly guild leaders. So essentially, little has changed.

I agree with the idea of active guilds helping, but they're difficult for the people who run them to sustain them (I would know as I used to run one of the biggest guilds on our server). It's a constant time sink helping other players get to their goals while mostly sacrificing your own (unless you have a very large surplus of time and money).

Also, most of the mid/late game activities have been reduced to fewer and fewer players, and many solo-only events/activities (Baltane missions, etc), so I don't quite see how an active guild helps that. I think most people can only be invested long-term in an MMO-- any at all-- but especially an ageing, smaller, RNG-driven one, with friends who are also invested to drive the investment deeper and forward. Essentially, nothing has meaning unless we give it meaning.