Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Naco commerce event

Comments

• KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    I'll admit I was rather rude, but I get really irritated on this subject. There are so many things that can be done to better this game.

And yeah, I joined this game in 2008 after seeing an advertisement on a private server website for RuneScape haha. They used to advertise this game and it was mega popular. I just hate to see one of my favorite things being milked for all it's worth when it can be rejuvenated to live again. It's popular and JP and KR. Why not NA? You know?

You know, I dooo like events that're fun and don't concentrate on afk/spamming/an expensive or otherwise impossible rng to get prize. I feel like they're given to us because they think we'd rather afk than do things for the event. I mean it's true when I'm busy, but when it's a fun event, I'm having the time of my Mabi life.
    Honestly, I remember the Iria Treasure Hunt, if it was the really old one that you find notes with. I got like 100 of them(meaning 100 chests/more) and then got lazy that night and thought "ah I'll turn them in tomorrow" and then the event ended the next day and my notes poofed. Ahahah Kill me.

What you're saying does make sense, and really, I can see a lot of people agreeing. I haven't tried the Naco event yet, but from what I'm reading, I'll probably have a hard time finding a badge because I'm a slow killer(not on purpose). I'm having a horrible time with Chocolette event because of that.

"I just hate to see one of my favorite things being milked for all it's worth when it can be rejuvenated to live again. It's popular and JP and KR. Why not NA?"

*presses support button* I love Mabinogi. Even for what it is now: I don't remember gacha being released so often in the past, I saw more options and shopping bags, and then it's also a lot less populated in-game. Noticeably. What can I possibly do to support it?

Edit: And heeey, I just tried doing the Naco event. I got 3 badges. It's okay I guess, or I just got lucky.

And this is relevant. We're talking about the Mabinogi we all love, gachapon, TheStateAndWelfareOfJPandKRComparedToNA, and the Naco event.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    TNinja wrote: »
    We are, like. Several thousand players. Divide into 7 channels, 6 towns.

I don't think that number equals said thousand players.

Doens't help when each player is going to do it at least five this each to accumulate said 20 badges a day.
    There's like less than 10 players doing it at the same time in one location. And that number may be an exaggeration as when I did it earlier, I managed to kill all of them in 2 channels before dcing.. You can at least hog 1 location to yourself. You only need 20 badges per day. I get more than 20 badges by just doing it twice.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I got 15 days worth of badges today farming bangor and emain.
    People are just swarming all the spawns like geez.
    I only used chain for this event too.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    It's the next day and I'm unable to fulfill this event daily or get any prompt for the event from the commerce NPC's.

Details here:
    LongSly wrote: »
    So CH1 in Ruairi just crashed (or maybe the whole Ruairi server) because as I was going to change channels from 4 to 1, I saw ch1 saying "server booting". Log back in, can't turn in my red badges nor complete a portion of the event (in this case helping Tir). All i get is a prompt to commerce, not a prompt regarding the event.
    I should probably add I was in ch1 prior to the crash...

Good luck to everyone. :( No prizes or sheep for me...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's the next day and I'm unable to fulfill this event daily or get any prompt for the event from the commerce NPC's.

Details here:
    So CH1 in Ruairi just crashed (or maybe the whole Ruairi server) because as I was going to change channels from 4 to 1, I saw ch1 saying "server booting". Log back in, can't turn in my red badges nor complete a portion of the event (in this case helping Tir). All i get is a prompt to commerce, not a prompt regarding the event.
    I should probably add I was in ch1 prior to the crash...

Good luck to everyone. :( No prizes or sheep for me...

Even on the other channels that never crashed?

If those other channels don't let you do stuff with the event, then you might have to send in a support ticket to see what needs fixing.
    LongSly
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Iyasenu wrote: »

If those other channels don't let you do stuff with the event, then you might have to send in a support ticket to see what needs fixing.

I'll check, but I have my doubts. I'm also not alone. On that same day of the crash few others ran into that issue too, far as I'm aware.
  • NaoNao
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,335
    Sarah2 wrote: »
    Where do the bandits spawn in Bangor? I waited till 6pm in game time and nothing happened. I had registered my character and picked Bangor as my location but nothing appeared.

i posted spawn locations when this event came back awhile ago http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1797/naco-red-bandit-spawn-locations
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Went to CH 2, no change, CH 3, no change. Submitted a support ticket... see if they can do anything or if I'm SOL.

If they can't do anything, personally I'll be fine at this time as I need to focus on other stuff and this would be a perfect reason. I'll still be able to get something out of this event (5k ducats a badge, it's something), just not a Sheep or the other prizes.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Well, trolls in Tarlach are going around FH-ing everything and just leaving the badges on the ground. :(
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    It seems the prize for getting the boxes x amount of times are just the prize itself.
    As in you dont get another item you would just get the item for that reward.
    ex. The bamboo hat at 5 boxes gave me just the bamboo hat and nothing else.

No wonder why they had to postpone it lol.
    Jazmyn
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    edited February 10, 2018
    Shadoe wrote: »
    Well, trolls in Tarlach are going around FH-ing everything and just leaving the badges on the ground. :(

if people aint having fun then no one will -shrugs- but dang though as small as we tarlachs are...hearing things like that makes me kinda sad :< i have yet to run into such things personally
  • LongSlyLongSly

Seeing that in some parts of Ruairi here and there but also going after the big guy too, most likely for skill EXP; in some cases they run to pick them up once they remember or have a chance, but the badges disappear as they're running towards them at foot speed.

Regardless, just have to get into a fight with the fat bandit, who is a juggernaut (impossible to kill with one person, may need at least 5 with high enough DPS to kill him; yet yields nothing special) for a bit and you'll get 1 badge in your inventory per Erinn day (doesn't automatically stack with your badges for some reason though, goes into another 1x1 slot). So it's not much of an issue but just an annoyance for this event...
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Opalthira wrote: »
    It seems the prize for getting the boxes x amount of times are just the prize itself.

I didn't get the bamboo hat. Maybe I've gotten it before and that disqualifies me. I don't remember. I have a treehouse, but I don't remember if I earned it or bought it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited February 11, 2018

I didn't get the bamboo hat. Maybe I've gotten it before and that disqualifies me. I don't remember. I have a treehouse, but I don't remember if I earned it or bought it.

Well i didnt get anything other than the hat so i figure thats how it works?
    I got a wine rack, a fish rack, a wooden table, a wooden bench, filla fountain, Round fountain, Two overflowing fountains, and the bamboo hat.

The Wine, filla Fountain, 1 overflowing fountain came from the day the event got postponed.
    I got The wooden bench, table, and overflowing fountain the day the event came back.
    And the Round Fountain, Bamboo hat (5th drop), and then the fish rack the second day.
    Shadoe
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Maybe we should try to stay on topic... ^^;
    If you want to discuss something other than what this topic is about, make another forum, or join one of the many other similar threads.

--
    I haven't personally gotten anything good from the boxes, wanting to get the carpentry bench for my husband. So I just decided to enjoy the extra 30% to commerce, while also collecting some badges for the event.

Anyone get anything they wanted from the boxes yet?

You can build a carpentry bench in your homestead with fine woods, finest woods, nails, and wood boards. Apparently, they added the ability to construct carpentry benches to our production tab in our homestead creation menu. Getting one from the event would save you on those mats though...

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 11, 2018
    The backdrop props are HUGE. I need more of these... >_>;;;

LArmVk8.jpg
    D3EEbze.jpg

Devcat's LAZY approach for the background problems in homesteads. Smh.

wAVdTD2.png
    WolfandWolfFayeKaibaRadiant DawnShoogAshers
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited February 11, 2018
    Is there an easy way to determine if what you carry will bring at least 5k profit to a destination(s)?

The math I do is:

(Item Quantity x Sell price) - (Item Quantity x Buy price)

For example (including the 1% discount), for Wagon (non-rental) you can carry at most 45 marble at 364 Ducats each, which in total costs 16,380 ducats. One destination will buy it 100 ducats more (464 ducats each), being a total of 20,880.

Say you wanted a batch of 1k profit for skill training, and there's a profit of 4,500 total when you reach your destination.

The way I tackle it is lower the quantity for both Buy (when starting commerce) and Sell (when you reached your destination) portions of the equation until I get close to 1k as possible without going under the minimum profit batch.

In this case, I would sell Marble in batches of 10 for 1k profits each, but coming to that conclusion may not always be easy and will require some time to punch in numbers over and over until you get a satisfied number, going through ranges of 100's or 10's before going to 1's.

Is there an easier way to do this so you don't waste time and risk having the prices change on you while you're calculating?
    Yes, there is an easy way:

I know this makes me sound totally nerdy and mabi-obsessed, but I just keep a spreadsheet handy with the formula, accounting for my character's commerce rank, cert bonus etc. It has saved me so much hassle.

I just plug in the Commerce Mastery bonus, cert %, extra % (for events like this), profit and qty and it fills in the rest, including how big a chunk I must sell to make 5k (be sure to round this number up in your formula). If the price changes or if I get robbed by the time I get there, I just plug in the new numbers, check to see if it's close to a 5k divisible profit and then apply certs accordingly before selling.

It's also very handy to find out exactly which cert I need to push me over a 5k divisible total profit, or if I don't need one.

Hope it helps.

vHkXb8Z.jpg

Edit: Here are the formulas:
    OavOf6e.jpg
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Gaea wrote: »
    wAVdTD2.png

Such improvement. Way kitty. So strange. *gets shot*
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 11, 2018
    I just discovered that the wall's demensions are 1x17. WHICH MEANS you can't complete a wall around your homestead. So not only is this a crap solution, it doesn't work well. >_<
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750

Well i didnt get anything other than the hat so i figure thats how it works?
    I got a wine rack, a fish rack, a wooden table, a wooden bench, filla fountain, Round fountain, Two overflowing fountains, and the bamboo hat.

The Wine, filla Fountain, 1 overflowing fountain came from the day the event got postponed.
    I got The wooden bench, table, and overflowing fountain the day the event came back.
    And the Round Fountain, Bamboo hat (5th drop), and then the fish rack the second day.

The Bamboo hat is actually one of the possible rewards from the box. You should get another one when you purchase your tenth (not fifth) box.