Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

WE'LL MISS YOU MOHAWKGUY AND SUPREME!!

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 12, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    I think...they chopped people from every game. Oneletter's name on discord changed. HuffyPuff was indicated in the Rider's of Icarus channel. Who else was also eliminated? This is horrible and makes me even more worried. :(

It makes me a little less worried that it was for other games as well, and not just Mabinogi; however, I dont know anything about those games so maybe they're in the same boat as Mabinogi in age and population..? I'm 110% sure you know more about me on the subject.

I find it interesting how they're laying people off, yet also hiring at the same time. That doesn't suggest a "money issue" as many articles suggest... I still feel bad for those who got laid-off. I got laid off of my full-time graphic design job that I NEVER thought I'd find in the tiny population area I live in, and haven't been able to really get back on my feet since... Hopefully unemployment will help them out if they haven't found work already; not sure how that works in California, but here it sucks.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Dammit!
    giphy.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I think...they chopped people from every game. Oneletter's name on discord changed. HuffyPuff was indicated in the Rider's of Icarus channel. Who else was also eliminated? This is horrible and makes me even more worried. :(

It makes me a little less worried that it was for other games as well, and not just Mabinogi; however, I dont know anything about those games so maybe they're in the same boat as Mabinogi in age and population..? I'm 110% sure you know more about me on the subject.

I find it interesting how they're laying people off, yet also hiring at the same time. That doesn't suggest a "money issue" as many articles suggest... I still feel bad for those who got laid-off. I got laid off of my full-time graphic design job that I NEVER thought I'd find in the tiny population area I live in, and haven't been able to really get back on my feet since... Hopefully unemployment will help them out if they haven't found work already; not sure how that works in California, but here it sucks.

With the cost of living in California, unemployment leaves you in destitute. They won't even be able to afford their rent. There is a increasing population of people who live in their vehicles - or is the one of the 5m people who have fled that state in the last decade. (My brother and his family being part of that demographic, flew them out where I live last month. He couldn't do the "california dream" anymore). I hope they will be ok, but my views on California is very dismal.
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Eh...I haven't really seen a situation where an old GM has returned...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 13, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ Supposing UI is even a factor, and they worked for Nexon long enough for qualifying quarters (for UI) to be paid from Nexon's contributions to it; Collecting UI during a layoff can sometimes pressure an employer to call you back. It depends on how much the employer likes their own money. Been there before.

I doubt UI is a factor.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    It's okay. You guys have Zaro now. = w=
    Kensamaofmari
  • TeriustheGreatTeriustheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Zarozian wrote: »

Make sure to apply to nexon
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    well if these 2 get accepted you can expect 1000% more anime weeaboo fantasies and chevies in mabinogi
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    well if these 2 get accepted you can expect 1000% more anime weeaboo fantasies and chevies in mabinogi

A Chevy pickup truck mount would be pretty top tier.
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Zarozian wrote: »

No thanks.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's official.
    I'm completely dead inside now.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 14, 2018

I don't know why NA staff had to be laid off, as a lot of speculation runs into KR as the main midway problem with thier lack of communication to other branches.
    It could just be standard, but if every section loses someone, maybe they're just trying to make space for either the mobile market or Peria Chronicles? Maybe something else, or MOBA related? There's just no way of knowing.
    Lawbreakers only failed to spark an interest due to the high competition Blizzard's Overwatch poses in the FPS market...
    and the lack of mainstream advertisement plus all the NDA during a large portion of any Nexon beta phases.
    It's just not the right time for Nexon to focus so highly on FPS as it's mainstream.
    Whatever this all means for Mabinogi, it could cause either more Ferghus problems, or hopefully bring us better CMs or Devs capable of translating and multi tasking between the NA and KR communities. (Doubt it, but want it.)
    (I mean NA did push the Homestead House to be updated, so magical rainbow ponies invented by both communities could be possible if this is what they're going for.)

Everyone, prepare to cross your fingers so that this never happens again:
    SatisfiedWindingAmericanrobin-max-1mb.gif

A ticket center.
    giphy.gif
    Oh, right... I nearly forgot that time too.
    (At least they made a strive towards some Twitch activity, right?)
    And now we can get actual confirmation that we'll be getting at least some of the KR content, compared to the months of silence from everywhere.

• KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    maybe so, but keep in mind that KR might not be getting all of NA exclusive content :trollface:
    If you want KR content just play KR nogi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Anyone remember Dareus? He left Mabinogi team as well and went for another game... Our GM team is shortening and we are still CMless. This is ridiculous...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Anyone remember Dareus? He left Mabinogi team as well and went for another game... Our GM team is shortening and we are still CMless. This is ridiculous...

This.
This discussion has been closed.