Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you guys arrange your skills on your hotkey

PandaninjaPandaninja
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited April 21, 2018 in Technical Support
I recently expanded my alchemist into magic and bard skills (+windmill). Now, I have a ton more moves I could use and I'm not sure which ones I should use primarily, and which ones I should keep around the end of the hotkey bar. I hope I'm making sense! Thanks guys!

Also it'll be super awesome if you guys post your hotkey bar scheme for me to take a look at! :) Thanks again!

Comments

• RinRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Make use of the "Change to Quick Slot Tab #x" hotkeys, put 1-3 buffs on a tab that you use a lot, and fill the top tab that doesn't get changed around with basic skills like Defense/Counter/Windmill/Icebolt etc.

You will probably eventually fill all of the tabs but at that point you should already know what you want to keep on hand.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    If you go into the menu and options in game....under the "Game" tab and "ETC" there is slot 1 and slot 2 which gives you more slots if you haven't already. Those help quite a bit as well.
    KingEphyErydanosRukiya
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    i put light ice and firebolt in 123 counter attack on 4 and everything else is a luxary i use if i feel necessary
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    asnscorpio

If you go into the menu and options in game....under the "Game" tab and "ETC" there is slot 1 and slot 2 which gives you more slots if you haven't already. Those help quite a bit as well.
    This. Specially useful for pets and skills you use often (like Bard Buffs)

I personally use the top bar for melee skills, I have a set identical to the first but substituting Counter and Charge for their Lance versions.
    The lower bar is a mix of non combat skills I use often + talent specific skills. I have several sets of lower bars.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Not sure if this is even in the same topic but the Extra Skill Slots do not show up on mine, even if I click on the Default Window Position.
    I do not remember what I have done, long ago, and no matter how many times I go back thinking if I should even bother to. I have grown to neglect the fact that the Skill Slots are even an issue. Is anyone else dealing with this feature?
  • HappersHappers
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    edited January 10, 2017
    pawcalypse

Not sure if this is even in the same topic but the Extra Skill Slots do not show up on mine, even if I click on the Default Window Position.
    I do not remember what I have done, long ago, and no matter how many times I go back thinking if I should even bother to. I have grown to neglect the fact that the Skill Slots are even an issue. Is anyone else dealing with this feature?
    When you use the extra skill slots 1 and 2, they are always there. HOWEVER, WHEN YOU LOCK THE EXTRA SKILL SLOTS THEY WILL DISAPPEAR AS IF THEY ARE NOT THERE. When locked you can add skills but not remove skills on the extra skill slots. To unlock the skill slots you go to Options>Game>Etc>Lock Extra Skill Slot. I like the lock feature because I always accidentally remove them :( I personally use the extra skill slots for skills and actions that I do not need quick access or skills I dont want to accidentally press such as buffs, life skills, rest, transformations, demi skills, etc. :D

Also, when you go into the hotkey settings (Options>Game>Control>Hotkey Settings), you can set any key on the keyboard for the first 10 pets and partners in your pet/partner window. You can change the order of pets and partners with the sort option. Beware of making new pets because new pets are at the top of the list so be careful to change that if you use the hotkeys O: I suggest using this because then you would have more space for skills :D

• MuaaMuaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    In my humble opinion, your skills are going to change with you and your needs .. same your skillbars and skill order... just give to your fingers what they need today.

For combat, just remember to put your panic skills for emergencies where your fingers can find'em easily along your keyboard.
    Example: Crisis Scape + ShadowCloak + Lullaby +Shadow Bind and or Counter + Windmill + etc.. panic skills to get out of no way out situations.
    Make groups for example (group of attack skils to spam + combat pets:BoneDragon) and next (potions group+panic skills + emergency pets:healing clouds) and ending with (group of music buff skills)

Everyday I feel better having music buff skills mixed with life / crafting skills ..since makes easier PTJ and crafting/farming missions everyday.

Side skills bars are great for roleplaying by the way

And I have one skill bar just for what monthly event needs to be done everyday ..makes my life easier.

Hope some of this suggestions helps a bit.

Regards Muaa the elf.-
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I tend to arrange my hotkeys by category of skill (Combat, Life, Alchemy, Music, etc) unless one is a mixture, which my main hotkeys tend to be, with the first three dealing with the G19 Crusader Skills, Party Healing, and then Crisis Escape, Windmill and a few others. My Music Hotkeys have the Playing instrument, Smash, Dischord, Assault Slash and the Buff Songs.