Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

There's too many wings in gachas now.

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Chakylin wrote: »
    However, I do agree with less variety. No one really wears the set color wings that are purple or "violet". These wings usually don't match common color schemes and sit unused forever. Just make them dyeable with normal dyes. Get rid of this whole special dye thing, like with the Tuans and the Holy Angels.
    ^This right here! The "violet" wings are rarely ever violet. They're either too close to a pinkish hue, or too close to a bluish hue, or just neon purple, so it doesn't fit at all with my violet/white clothing colors. I settled for the Twilight Glass wings because of its purple color, but I too want wings to be dyeable with normal dyes.

Wings have gotten overhyped. On the one hand, it means wings are cheaper to get, so everyone can enjoy having a pair if they'd like. On the other hand, I'm getting sick of seeing new wings in pretty much every new gacha. They're either recolors, or they look gaudy and oversized, which I detest. The last time I was excited for the new wings in a gacha was for the Sprite wings, only because of its cute flying pose. I didn't even have to play gacha for that. I found them pretty cheap within a few days after the gacha's release.
  • MomochanMomochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    edited February 24, 2018
    Giegue wrote: »
    My biggest complaint is their quality! Older wings have better models, the newer wings are often 2 polygons with a texture or a reskin of existing wings with a glow or ombre tint. I dont care that they're common but they're basically becoming filler yet still being treated as a feature. I also agree that they should be dyeable if they're just gonna release 20 versions of the same wing with different colours.

I agree with this, it seems like they are trying too hard to spit out new wings without taking time to actually design them nicely. They just looked slapped together and some of the colors are just bad.

Don't get me started on how some wings with slightly diff versions always have a diff color of blue. (Like the blue ribbon wings arent the same shade of blue while the other colors for each ribbon type is the same.)

Like take time on developing stuff please rather than trying so hard to throw stuff at us

Look at the horizon wings, they just look like someone took a machete to a pair of angel wings, and the wings kr got for their anniversary look like construction paper cut outs with no detail at all...

Please give us dyable wings without special dyes and take more time to design good items.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Chakylin wrote: »
    I don't agree with wings being harder to get. They're just wings. I don't see why they should be any harder to get than a fancy robe.

However, I do agree with less variety. No one really wears the set color wings that are purple or "violet". These wings usually don't match common color schemes and sit unused forever. Just make them dyeable with normal dyes. Get rid of this whole special dye thing, like with the Tuans and the Holy Angels.

Instead of a change to wings, I'd like more back/robe slot variety. Capes? Cloaks? Give me those man. Make them like the kirito set and move when you walk, not like the stiff Avelin. THEN you'd be in business B)

If only they would give us more animated outfits like Kirito and Asuna :L
    Capes honestly need to happen already but nexon is all like Wings only.
    Korea clearly doesnt want to tap into a wanted market for god knows why.
    Just got to keep pushing them wings sales. Never wanted wings any less than i already did
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited February 25, 2018
    I'd like to see more actual robes over wings. Typing 'wings' in the robe tab of the dressing room shows you that 39/48 of the entire tab is wings.
  • ClemonsClemons
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    Right? They've certainly lost the novelty they used to have. As someone who decided ages ago that wings would be inappropriate for the theme of my character. I almost feel special for not having any.
    Robes have always been awesome so it's kinda disappointing that there hasn't been any cool new options there in a long time. Not everyone wants to stand majestically in the spotlight. I've always thought it was super cool I could hide my shiny armor behind a robe. Also I always sorta hoped that one day capes would be a thing.