Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Camp Kit Set-Up

melody1454melody1454
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited February 14, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I would suggest having the game item "Camp Kit" be available to be set up anywhere in the world of Mabinogi! The game world is huge now and the camp kit is quite useful to have for a virtual camping trip! With the limited area, it can be set up in however then what's the point in calling it a camping kit if it can only be set up a short way from a road or town. It's best if it can be set up in any area now that the game has such a huge map and this would be fun to have with friends and have virtual trips which make some good video clips as well!
  1. Camp Kit set up anywhere in Mabinogi World?20 votes
    1. Yes!
       90% (18 votes)
    2. No!
       10% (2 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    My suggestion with Camp Kits is to at LEAST add a "Usable" or "Not Usable" in the description like they do with merchant licenses. It's SUCH a pain to try and set up a camp kit; so much so that I've started dropping them since I couldn't even sell them for 1 Gold... (I hate wasting useful items so I want to give people the option to use it at least....)
    melody1454YangKoeteTHICCthighssavelivesSherri
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    We all know the Camping Kits, yeah? Quite useful if you ask me. They let you set up a base in the middle of the world with a campfire and it protects ya from mobs and can hold 6-7 people. Sadly, they do seem to be quite finnicky and not as useful as we'd like. There's a numerous amount of ways it can be changed, while also making sense in the world.

Direct changes to the item
    Isn't it a bit odd that some of the kits have expirations? Imagine if we had that on actual tents or stuff. Just suddenly "Nope! This thing isn't good anymore!" A simple solution would have them have durabilities like chairs and such. 20/20, each setup = 1 point of durability on it. That way, we get more use out of them.

The expansion of where we can set up camps; Campgrounds and Camp Signs
    It's kind of finnicky where we can and cannot set up camps. We have to usually define it by the very pixel sometimes to find a good place to set up. And when we do, we've lost out on precious time inside our camp.

Firstly, having a simple sign that just shows a stick-figure at a tent and fire in some areas will be good enough to show "We can camp in this area", or even having a button on your map show "Campsites" and highlight areas where you can set your tent up.

Secondly, adding more areas where we can set up our tents would be greatly appreciated. According to the wiki, Iria has very few areas which you can actually set up your Camp Kit, which is...odd. Why can't you do that in the least populated continent in Mabinoig?

Thirdly, adding a Campgrounds area like the Housing areas would be pretty neat. An extension for it in-game without adding in an extra server would be quite nice, and even add some areas to maps, such as nearby Tara, Emain Macha and Tailtennan in those wooded areas. It'd have a "Park Ranger" NPC and some passive wild animals that you can feed like the Glutton Monkies and they give you camping supplies (Wood, Food, etc) depending on what food you give them. You could go in, rent a Camp Kit even, and you could have camping activities like Canoeing and stuff that can be like Festia! There'd be some trails even through the woods where more Mushroom Gathering can be done (For Button Mushrooms, perhaps?)

And with adding the campgrounds areas, Nexon could release a gacha for "Park Ranger Wear" or even sell pets that have the ranger's caps and bandanas on them, so that'd be a boon for them. I know I'd love a cool uniform like that! (Maybe even some dual guns too?)

Additional Camp Kit ideas
    Have multiple types hold multiple durabilities.
    A "Small Camp Kit" would have 10/10 and hold 3-4 people depending on rank, and would have slower recovery rates. The upside to this is that it would only fit in 2 cells of your inventory as well, so you can save on space.
    Large Camp Tent; 50/50 durability, holds up to 10-12 people depending on rank, and would have some other utilities (Like a water catch for when it rains to get water from). The main downsides is that it'll take up more inventory room, 4x2 for cell size.
    Camp Chair; Chair with low durability (5/5) that you can get from Campground rewards.
    melody1454
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited February 14, 2018
    While I think a campgrounds area sounds nice and relaxing, it would be too much of a safe zone for some people to feel too interested in.
    There might have to be some conditions where the NPC animals trigger time limited missions for the entire server.
    For example, defend the monkeys from a bear attack, or tame the rampaging Raccoon King.
    Every dead NPC ticks off a limited number. By the end of the week, rewards roll out based on the number of surviving conservation animals.
    (To those the system recognizes as participants.)

I understand that mini games are important to most of us bored veteran players, but I think that Canoeing idea you got could be improved on.
    Let's say that this mini game is made like Rafting, only instead of killing monsters, you're avoiding the obstacles in your way. (Like Frogger.)
    This way, players can compete for the highest score and speed that week, and earn new rewards.

-Campsite Mushroom Banter-
    If there is a new update to gathering and crafting (cooking recipes included), then what kind of mushrooms might be found in the wild?
    Japan's go to mushroom, mostly seen in anime, is Shiitake and something that could be used in cooking.
    However, that might be easily confused with the Hazelnut Mushroom already seen in Mabinogi.
    On the plus side, two similar mushrooms in one area could be kind of challenging for the player, making cooking that much more fun.
    Maybe like Wine Making needs more of a practical use than a passive one, Mushroom Gathering could also stand to unlock something new.
    Perhaps it could involve more updates to Herbalism or Alchemy as well.

YangKoetemelody1454
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    While I think a campgrounds area sounds nice and relaxing, it would be too much of a safe zone for some people to feel too interested in.
    There might have to be some conditions where the NPC animals trigger time limited missions for the entire server.
    For example, defend the monkeys from a bear attack, or tame the rampaging Raccoon King.
    Every dead NPC ticks off a limited number. By the end of the week, rewards roll out based on the number of surviving conservation animals.
    (To those the system recognizes as participants.)

I understand that mini games are important to most of us bored veteran players, but I think that Canoeing idea you got could be improved on.
    Let's say that this mini game is made like Rafting, only instead of killing monsters, you're avoiding the obstacles in your way. (Like Frogger.)
    This way, players can compete for the highest score and speed that week, and earn new rewards.

-Campsite Mushroom Banter-
    If there is a new update to gathering and crafting (cooking recipes included), then what kind of mushrooms might be found in the wild?
    Japan's go to mushroom, mostly seen in anime, is Shiitake and something that could be used in cooking.
    However, that might be easily confused with the Hazelnut Mushroom already seen in Mabinogi.
    On the plus side, two similar mushrooms in one area could be kind of challenging for the player, making cooking that much more fun.
    Maybe like Wine Making needs more of a practical use than a passive one, Mushroom Gathering could also stand to unlock something new.
    Perhaps it could involve more updates to Herbalism or Alchemy as well.

All that sounds utterly amazing! Your ideas to add more content to the talents seems really fun. ^w^

And yeah, canoeing being like rafting but ya avoid stuff is a good idea. Maybe a race?

And for mushrooms; Easily add in Shiitake, Shimeji and Enoki! ^w^ Make hotpots a thing!

melody1454
  • melody1454melody1454
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Wow some people already jumped on I'm surprised! These are actually useful idea's and so hope others join in to vote to get the appeal to the administration to get it patched on.
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    melody1454 wrote: »
    Wow some people already jumped on I'm surprised! These are actually useful idea's and so hope others join in to vote to get the appeal to the administration to get it patched on.

I REALLY hope so! I LOVE to camp and this all just sounds fun, and it'd be a boon to their profit too.
  • SaerrinSaerrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    As a player that likes to role play, being able to camp in many areas would be wonderful. I don't have a tent yet, but i set up campfires at night. I don't think that camp sites should only be in safe zones since that would be boring. It would be nice to set up a watch cycle with those that are hardcore role players.
    All in all, I think camping could be made more common if the ideas above were added.
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    I think there could be more things even added to Iria camping areas too, if they were added.

There's large areas near the varus marks that can be made into a campground or two. One near Cor and one near the Elves. Also, one near the Giants.

Just think of all the regional varieties of things you could do there.

Not to mention, there could be more exploration doable there for artifacts, and other various part-time jobs.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Since I've been thinkin' about what to do with my own actual camping, I've had some ideas for new stuff here!

Campground Shops
    Mess Hall; At the Mess Hall, you could talk to the chef that sells a small amount of things. Meat, Cheese, Potatoes, etc, and there's some grills nearby you can supply with wood. For a part-time job there, they will ask for Firewood or Branches depending on your rank, and will pay you in ingredients and EXP, or a "Camp Badge" (Basically an item that makes sense that you could pay for stuff.)

Camp Goods; Sells all sorts of caps and outfits for camping. Also sells tents, chairs and tools, like Gathering Knives and Axes (Some could have enchantments on them, like some to buff Stamina). The more expensive things can be a portable stove with fuel that can be placed like a campfire, but has uses on it. "Repair" would be going back to the shop and having them say they'll refuel it for you.

Square; A cobblestone plaza-like place that will come on certain days.
    1. Sundays; Petting Zoo; Can spend 100 gold per animal pen for a small buff like the Festia landmark's. The buff will last for an in-game day, but you can only get one buff at a time. The buff will have a photo of the animal over your head. Goats can buff Strength and Stamina, Pigs can buff food and potions, Kangaroos will buff Will and Dex, Rabbits will buff Move Speed by 1% and Luck, Guinea Pigs will buff Int and Mana.
    2. First Friday of the month; Glewyas' day off. He sells various items from Ingredient Hunting. That way, in case no one has that skill, he can sell them.
    3. Last 5 days until Christmas; Pictures with Santa. You'll get a bag with a Santa Cap or Elf Hat in various styles along with some chocolate or other candy. One picture per day.
    4. The last day of each month; Camp Instruments. Banjos, Harmonicas, stuff like that.

Events will not overlap each other, Holiday/other Events will take priority, as well as things that only have a singular day a month with a number, not a day.

Camp Cooking Additions

Ingredients;
    Marshmallows (Can be bought. Stackable.)
    Graham Crackers (Can be bought or made. Wheat Flour, Water, Cinnamon or Honey.)
    Cinnamon (Can be gotten from chopping wood in the campgrounds with a Gathering Knife)

Dishes
    Roasted Marshmallows (Marshmallow, Branches)
    S'Mores (Roasted Marshmallows, Chocolate, Graham Crackers)
    Roasted Mixed Nuts (Chestnut, Walnut and Almond)
    Trail Mix (Roasted Mixed Nuts, Chocolate)
    Mac & Cheese (Short Pasta, Cheese.)
    Ham Mac & Cheese (Sausage, Mac & Cheese)
    Lobster Mac & Cheese (Reef Lobster, Basil, Mac & Cheese)
    Hash Browns (Potato, Olive Oil)
    Baked Beans (Beans, Meat Broth, Onion)
    Grilled Apple (Apple, Butter)
    Apple Tart (Tart Crust, Apple, Cinnamon)
    Cinnamon Buns (Wheat Flour, Cinnamon, Sugar)
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited March 29, 2018
    Maybe put entrance to Campgrounds in Festia's Frontier Zone, and have it be another attraction. The park rangers can be Festia employees.

Or, just allow camping almost anywhere in Erinn. That way the entire game world becomes your campgrounds. But then the question becomes, why camp in the first place? Real life camping skills provide you with food and shelter in the wilderness. We as Milletians don't need shelter, and we don't need food for hunger (we do, but few use it). Food for buffs, yes, but there's no need to make that food on-site.

I would love to camp, but it needs to have more benefits and game effects (good and bad, to allow for strategy). Camping also competes with Homesteads, thematically. Why make a camp when you can teleport to your homestead? To really make camping popular it must have uses that homesteads can't replicate. Possible new camp effects:
    - Placing a camp and fire wards away animals (reduces spawn rate and keeps them away). This is good for safety, bad for hunting.
    - Iria should be more inhospitable in general. It ain't comfy Uladh! Your campsite keeps you warm in the freezing Physis snowstorms and protects you from the harsh Longa Desert sandstorms. There's also increased hunger rate in Iria that camps alleviate.
    - Put a timer on raw foods (or all foods?). For example, raw meat only lasts 6 hours, forcing players to cook it, preserve it, or lose it.
    - Make some dungeons so long and inhospitable that we have to take camp breaks just to eat and rest (120 floors, takes 2 real life days). No visiting your homestead. The camp is your home now.
    - Campfire skill renamed to Camping and allows creation of campfire kits and camp kits for use and trading. High rank Camping skill gives buffs to camp and campfire effects.
    - What else?
    YangKoete
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd love to put a camp kit up in the middle of nowhere in Iria!
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Maybe put entrance to Campgrounds in Festia's Frontier Zone, and have it be another attraction. The park rangers can be Festia employees.

Or, just allow camping almost anywhere in Erinn. That way the entire game world becomes your campgrounds. But then the question becomes, why camp in the first place? Real life camping skills provide you with food and shelter in the wilderness. We as Milletians don't need shelter, and we don't need food for hunger (we do, but few use it). Food for buffs, yes, but there's no need to make that food on-site.

I would love to camp, but it needs to have more benefits and game effects (good and bad, to allow for strategy). Camping also competes with Homesteads, thematically. Why make a camp when you can teleport to your homestead? To really make camping popular it must have uses that homesteads can't replicate. Possible new camp effects:
    - Placing a camp and fire wards away animals (reduces spawn rate and keeps them away). This is good for safety, bad for hunting.
    - Iria should be more inhospitable in general. It ain't comfy Uladh! Your campsite keeps you warm in the freezing Physis snowstorms and protects you from the harsh Longa Desert sandstorms. There's also increased hunger rate in Iria that camps alleviate.
    - Put a timer on raw foods (or all foods?). For example, raw meat only lasts 6 hours, forcing players to cook it, preserve it, or lose it.
    - Make some dungeons so long and inhospitable that we have to take camp breaks just to eat and rest (120 floors, takes 2 real life days). No visiting your homestead. The camp is your home now.
    - Campfire skill renamed to Camping and allows creation of campfire kits and camp kits for use and trading. High rank Camping skill gives buffs to camp and campfire effects.
    - What else?

I like the ideas, but we REALLY have unused space near Tail. It could be another zone for the main campinng area.

I do like making the food spoil for some, but I think that's a bit much. Making Hunger more of a deal (Stop the "satiation" when leveling up.), and making some more harmful weather would be great. I think the blizzards and snowstorms will deal occaisional damage as well as lower any accuracy.
    THICCthighssavelives