Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make outfits unisex

DawdlesDawdles
Mabinogi Rep: 650
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello all, I strongly think that since we are living in a progressive era that outfits and items should be moved more toward a unisex direction. I think all players should be entitled to using certain items REGARDLESS of gender, such as the Baseball Bat or Cheerleader Pom Poms. We already have certain earrings and caps accessible to all races/genders, and I think it would be great if we can implement more gender neutral items.
NasumiRayneDaktaroDarkpixie99CrimsọnKryoNegumikoCrazy_WhaleIchigo015Hazurahshintaroshy64and 15 others.

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yeeeeesss.

With clothes it's a little difficult because they have to create more models, but there's no reason for headwear and handheld equipment to be limited by gender. (Or even shoes and gloves! Don't they know that high-heeled shoes were originally worn by men to keep their feet held in stirrups? Where are all the men's heels?)
    KryoErydanosDarkpixie99Ichigo015Hazurah
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Certain items I agree should be unisex like the baseball. But other than that I think outfits should stay the way they are. There is no need to make outfits unisex.
    Erydanos
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    It would be nice to see some modern outfits that can easily be used with the rebirth system, as most players stick to one gender due to the strain of Beauty Coupons and gender restricting gear that becomes too expensive and inventory clogging.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Support. Males have outfits,boots and hats I wish I could wear. And ik for a fact there are some female clothes males want.
    Ladeca robe, cough.
    KryoDarkpixie99NegumikoIchigo015PrezzixValynehyaciinth
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    It would definitively make life easier for us Dressing Room collectors :P
    shintaroshy64Prezzix
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    Support. Some items I wish I could wear while my character is the other gender. Half the time I guess I can see why it's a certain gender only but other times it's like bleh. EXAMPLE; Most female shoes are like heels and slippers while I'm wanting to wear some boots or sneakers.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited January 11, 2017
    some of the outfit pieces should be unisex. my male giant can wear the yukata mask thing and my main female human can't and I think it is stupid to have gender restrictions on those kinds of outfit pieces. but all three outfits from the little ghost Halloween event are unisex outfits so that was nice to see.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited January 11, 2017
    This isn't maplestory, also outfits don't work like that.

Remember Oriental robes? They gave male characters boobs, that's because all outfits are pre-designed to fit the gender they were meant for. A Female Yukata will still give a large bust, and posterior.

You are in all actuality asking nexon to go through 7 years of equipment based content, redesign all the character figures just to prove a point.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    @Froglord We've all established that Nexon has many things to go through and revamp, and if changing the way Mabinogi runs is the way to go, then we might as well see Nexon putting up a Kickstarter with rewards for hitting each tier to get the money they need. My most desired revamp poll forum should help Nexon become more aware that they can communicate with the players on what is possible, and how much has to be done. Also, I don't recall Oriental robes giving males boobs.
    shintaroshy64
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited March 24, 2017
    I wanted to cosplay luigi but the "Carpenter Clothes" is only for males :(
    153773-super-mario-mario-is-girl.jpg
  • shintaroshy64shintaroshy64
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    strongly support this, It makes it difficult to even use the gender change option when rebirthing because the armor I got from g1 (which is the only high end armor I got) is for females, so if I want to rebirth as a male I can't use it.

Also they could always just make it so that all of the new clothes that they come out with from now on are gender neutral, That way people would want to buy the male and female outfit for each character, (which they are less likely to do if the clothes are male and female only if all of their other gear is exclusively male/female).
    (though personally i'd be happy to put some money towards a kickstarter).

Also I want to see a giant running around in a femme fatale dress, we already got people wearing penguin suits and rice cakes on their heads, characters running around in their underwear and male characters wearing butterfly wings so why not?
    XiokunPrezzix
  • YaranaikaYaranaika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    I want to wear the Dowra outfit so bad lol..
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I support this all the way. Women demand pants and men demand skirts. Let them have it.
    Also I want to see a giant running around in a femme fatale dress

*raises hand* I volunteer to be that giant.
    PrezzixGrenesborrowValyneKaiwyth
  • CraftkidCraftkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    if I had a choice I would want that loose tshirt and shorts the girls get to wear since well its tighter on the skin and looks better in general... then that popo shirt and mongo outfit... boy's need more shorts in their outfits... or shorts with tshirts... why must they all have long pants in everything... why
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    AYE I AGREE! They don't need to change old models cause what is done is done, but they can surely do it for new items. I'm more than certain there would be male characters that would buy the girl's version of an item from their shop so its not like they don't win anything off it. "Mabinogi Your Fantasy Life" .... so much for that when we can't even wear what we want.

However, I doubt they'll do it, this has been suggested multiply times and nothing of the sort has happened. One or two outfits in the game wearable by any gender but not really enough, and they often aren't that great.
  • PupspiderPupspider
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    The reason they don't do it is because it'll take up a ton of time. Not only that, but it seems a bit pointless for them to do that. It'd only satisfy some people, and some others might question it or say "it's wasting time." Therefore, this idea is likely to not make it into the game.
  • KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    They released some "eluned" items, allowing males to wear female outfits and females to wear male outfits, so I assume nexon sort of listened to us..
    Let's hope they give us some more.
  • Ottilie_RosamondOttilie_Rosamond
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Huge support. A lot of people are saying here that they want some accessories to be unisex, along with male outfits being wearable for female. However, I would love for males to wear female clothing/dresses. I don't see an issue of all items being for both genders. It doesn't hurt anyone, and I think it would be nice.
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited April 20, 2017
    As someone who is tired of the severe lack of pants in their assortment, I support.
    Prezzix
  • PrezzixPrezzix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    Yes!
    I have only two outfits I wear because the others are all skirts, and I am tired of it. :p (I have 30+ outfits.)