Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Login Screen Design Art Contest

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited February 26, 2018 in Vault
The 10th Anniversary is coming up and we would like to show our appreciation by having a few player made login screens implemented into the game! Come join our 10th Anniversary Log in Screen Design Contest and have a chance for your design to be displayed on the log in screen, plus receive an exclusive in-game title! Please be sure to see the full details below!

c5r1Ran.png

Submission Dates: February 26th – March 23rd

Requirements:

• Required Image Size: 3000 x 2000 Pixel
  • Required Resolution: 300dpi
  • File Format: JPG (Please save PSD File Seperately)
  • File Size: Under 5MB (JPG)
  • Art Style: Digital Art
  • Theme: should be relevant to Mabinogi

Submission Details:

• Design a Login Screen for Mabinogi’s 10th Anniversary.
  • Please keep in mind the middle-lower area will be covered by the login window.
  • One entry per person.
  • No cheating, plagiarizing, or tracing.
  • Please submit the JPG and PSD file on the page below.

SUBMIT HERE

Prizes:

3 Grand Prize Winners:

• Their entry will be displayed as the Login Screen
  • Exclusive In-game Title: “who is a Top Artist”
  • Renowned Designer’s Hat
  • 100,000 NX (NA ONLY)
  • Festia Merchant Set (M or F) (EU ONLY)

10 Runner Ups:

• Exclusive In-game Title: “who is an Artist”
  • Amateur Designer’s Hat
  • 50,000 NX (NA ONLY)
  • Festia Merchant Set (M or F) (EU ONLY)

Don't forget to take a look at the Official Rules!
YoorahJazmynAellMabskmkWingedBunnieVaughanCrimsọnMilkypockyPopotatoComicArtistand 1 other.

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I cant draw what do I do?
    SylviaWolfe
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Draw anyway. Good luck everyone :)
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    Now this looks interesting. :)
    One question though, since it's an anniversary event, should the drawings look somewhat festive or fit the latest generation quests? Or anything is fine as long as it is relevant to Mabinogi?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Kriss is going to win. I'm not going to even. XD
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    [*] 100,000 NX (NA ONLY)

[*] 50,000 NX (NA ONLY)

nogame1.jpg
    MabskmkBhujerbaMizukiHayamaDaktaro
  • etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited February 27, 2018
    If I could get a couple of details clarified regarding submission, that'd be great!!
    • Are we free to sign our own work, or do we forfeit any and all personal attachment we have to our artwork upon submission? Or will credit be given? (eg. something like "Drawn by [ IGN ] from [ Server Name] Server, NA Region" will be printed somewhere on the img, etc.)
    • In regards to one of the submission requirements [ Not be released through personal media ], does it make it a hard NO to upload our art to personal media if chosen as one of the winners? Could we upload a portion of the artwork elsewhere and just not be able to upload the full resolution image? And is this restriction only in place during the time frame of the competition and we're free to upload artwork elsewhere after artwork has been judged?
    • Will submissions judged more on creativity, or artistic ability? Is it possible to get a ratio on that?

This ended up sounding more formal than I intended, but I'd like to know specifics before diving straight in. hahaha
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sadly, i can't draw. Well... Good luck to artists then. :)
  • BhujerbaBhujerba
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,350
    srsly you guys
  • NkeonaNkeona
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,515
    Aell wrote: »
    Now this looks interesting. :)
    One question though, since it's an anniversary event, should the drawings look somewhat festive or fit the latest generation quests? Or anything is fine as long as it is relevant to Mabinogi?

Anything is fine as long as it's relevant to Mabinogi!
    etri wrote: »
    If I could get a couple of details clarified regarding submission, that'd be great!!
    • Are we free to sign our own work, or do we forfeit any and all personal attachment we have to our artwork upon submission? Or will credit be given? (eg. something like "Drawn by [ IGN ] from [ Server Name] Server, NA Region" will be printed somewhere on the img, etc.)
    • In regards to one of the submission requirements [ Not be released through personal media ], does it make it a hard NO to upload our art to personal media if chosen as one of the winners? Could we upload a portion of the artwork elsewhere and just not be able to upload the full resolution image? And is this restriction only in place during the time frame of the competition and we're free to upload artwork elsewhere after artwork has been judged?
    • Will submissions judged more on creativity, or artistic ability? Is it possible to get a ratio on that?

This ended up sounding more formal than I intended, but I'd like to know specifics before diving straight in. hahaha

I will get some confirmation on this!
    Aell
  • FionagraceFionagrace
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Can we add avatar into the drawing?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited February 28, 2018
    Is it possible if we're in NA to opt for the EU prizes instead of the NX? I know it wouldn't work the other way around. I'm asking for a friend who is debating whether or not to enter. (She doesn't really play and so NX wouldn't benefit her much. The outfit would at least be something she can have on her character/account for if/when she ever does login)
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    edited March 1, 2018
    Hi! I was wondering if we are allowed to include Mabinogi characters who have not yet been released in NA? I am also a KR community member and I'd really like to draw the Alban Knights, including Llewellyn, a G21 character, in my entry... If it is seen as a bit of a spoiler, I'll avoid it, but I really like his character so I'd be happy if I could draw him too...! ^ ~^
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    You're not going to show the art of people who dont get grand prize or runner up, right?
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    @BerrySwirl I hope so, I would really like to see what everyone did. But they most likely wont :C Would kinda be neat to see them do a video montage of all the was entered.. xD
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    @BerrySwirl I hope so, I would really like to see what everyone did. But they most likely wont :C Would kinda be neat to see them do a video montage of all the was entered.. xD

Thats like, yes and no, cause I would also wanna see entries, but I dont want ppl seeing mine LOL
  • SaiannaSaianna
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    edited March 3, 2018
    Isn't PSD mean it's a photoshop document? What if we don't use photoshop? Then we can't enter?
    (Sorry it's all confusing to me, I know its digital art but I use a different program)
    BerryswirlComicArtist
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Saianna wrote: »
    Isn't PSD mean it's a photoshop document? What if we don't use photoshop? Then we can't enter?
    (Sorry it's all confusing to me, I know its digital art but I use a different program)

You maybe able to download gimp (free art program) and export your image as a psd.
    Idk how well it will work though.
  • RerisuRerisu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Does the PSD File have to contain specific layers or is it only the completed image?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    100,000 NX (NA ONLY)
    Festia Merchant Set (M or F) (EU ONLY)

Well, YOU TRIED. To give EU something.

You tried. I can't hate you for that.
    27858562_678564328934032_4025768203458287520_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFWKIGOCEIEcmbzsEW7MjL9Q-qy6yDm_DL-_RZQwgJdfuikVFtNzywtrYDOOie926C8rOiUgopRsbJ_WIK0C9f6VJmFDkD-UKgTGsArZtat_w&oh=ce52623cbad33a40296112c844adddcd&oe=5B4558C7
    GretaBhujerba
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    TNinja wrote: »
    100,000 NX (NA ONLY)
    Festia Merchant Set (M or F) (EU ONLY)

Well, YOU TRIED. To give EU something.

You tried. I can't hate you for that.
    27858562_678564328934032_4025768203458287520_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeFWKIGOCEIEcmbzsEW7MjL9Q-qy6yDm_DL-_RZQwgJdfuikVFtNzywtrYDOOie926C8rOiUgopRsbJ_WIK0C9f6VJmFDkD-UKgTGsArZtat_w&oh=ce52623cbad33a40296112c844adddcd&oe=5B4558C7

I don't understand why they can't give 100k NX for EU players. They did give NX prizes to us with no issues at all. I understand why they made different prizes when it comes to irl items, but this... I'm confused. Nexon is so random.
    Valenmir