Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Login Screen Design Art Contest

Comments

• etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited March 5, 2018
    Saianna wrote: »
    Isn't PSD mean it's a photoshop document? What if we don't use photoshop? Then we can't enter?
    (Sorry it's all confusing to me, I know its digital art but I use a different program)

Most decent art programs should support saving as PSD.
    > eg. SAI, Clip Studio Paint, Gimp, Medibang, Fire Alpaca, Krita and Photoshop (lol).

And with 'lol why doesn't EU get that sweet $$$' as much as money is a good motivator to enter, isn't potential bragging rights (neat title, hat) a pretty cool reward as well? or maybe I'm too simple lol.

Now just gotta wait for my questions to be answered...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 5, 2018
    Just a sudden thought now. I'm PRETTY sure that EU prize (Festia Merchant Set F or M by choice) is not even close to worth of 100 dollars, which NA players will be getting as a prize instead. Really unfair when you think that way. Also, poor Australia and other countries that aren't in NA or EU. They get nothing.
    MizukiHayamaBhujerbaDaktaro
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Greta wrote: »
    Just a sudden thought now. I'm PRETTY sure that EU prize (Festia Merchant Set F or M by choice) is not even close to worth of 100 dollars, which NA players will be getting as a prize instead. Really unfair when you think that way. Also, poor Australia and other countries that aren't in NA or EU. They get nothing.

Also, through grinding, are those items not already obtainable by anyone in game?
    But yeah, kinda confusing as to why EU cannot get the NX but c'est la vie ^^. If I do join, it will be for the title, not merchant outfit.
    Greta
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    83ldmai.png
    GretaMizukiHayamaBhujerbapennybrenda
  • etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    edited March 6, 2018
    I'd assume that by 'EU' is a catch all term for 'anyone that lives outside of America', because nothing in the official rules states that it's only for Americans and Europeans specifically. It says 'open to legal residents within the service region' which means anyone from America, Europe or Oceania can enter, from my understanding.

Besides, you get the chance to have your art displayed in game, and a unique title + hat which is already a neat enough reward for me personally. The NX prize offered to Americans could be considered the icing on the cake, even though it is true that the prizes is more biased towards them. Yes, it sucks we non-Americans don't get that sweet, sweet $$$ but does everything really have to be about the money? At least we're not barred from entering.

The Festia set may not be the greatest bonus prize, but it's better than nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    I'm not a artist but look forward to seeing the amazing entries! <3
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 6, 2018
    etri wrote: »
    I'd assume that by 'EU' is a catch all term for 'anyone that lives outside of America', because nothing in the official rules states that it's only for Americans and Europeans specifically. It says 'open to legal residents within the service region' which means anyone from America, Europe or Oceania can enter, from my understanding.

Besides, you get the chance to have your art displayed in game, and a unique title + hat which is already a neat enough reward for me personally. The NX prize offered to Americans could be considered the icing on the cake, even though it is true that the prizes is more biased towards them. Yes, it sucks we non-Americans don't get that sweet, sweet $$$ but does everything really have to be about the money? At least we're not barred from entering.

The Festia set may not be the greatest bonus prize, but it's better than nothing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The issue is that why they even bothered to make different prizes in the first place. They didn't do such things before, EU players were given NX/irl exclusive items in the past as well. No one even cared if you were from EU or in any darn deserted forgotten place. Everyone were treated equally.
    MizukiHayama
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Hello, as I've stated in a previous contest, there are certain laws in EU that prevent us from giving real life items or NX to EU players. We decided to do it this way as a way for all players to participate. I do not know the specifics of the law but rest assure that this was looked over by our Legal team.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited March 6, 2018
    Katherz wrote: »
    Hello, as I've stated in a previous contest, there are certain laws in EU that prevent us from giving real life items or NX to EU players. We decided to do it this way as a way for all players to participate. I do not know the specifics of the law but rest assure that this was looked over by our Legal team.

Understandable but couldnt you give them something that is actually worth that much NX? i mean with 100k if there was a outfit bag on sell(like they used to be) You could by around 12 outfit bags. Or since the new outfit gachupon seems to be the one that took over- You could get around 66 of them which with that amount they have some what of a chance on getting more then a outfit...
    Sorry if this is coming off rude- but it doesnt seem right, If they cant get the NX(do to a law) then why not give them something worth the amount your giving the other players. That kinda seems like something you guys can actually do.

-edit
    Also just released you are given them the same exact prize for the runner ups- the only different is a title.. Seriously? The Eu got screwed over big time for this event. :/
    GretaMizukiHayama
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    I'll look to see what we can do!
    Valenmir
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited March 6, 2018
    Saianna wrote: »
    Isn't PSD mean it's a photoshop document? What if we don't use photoshop? Then we can't enter?
    (Sorry it's all confusing to me, I know its digital art but I use a different program)

Most decent art programs should support saving as PSD.
    > eg. SAI, Clip Studio Paint, Gimp, Medibang, Fire Alpaca, Krita and Photoshop (lol).

And with 'lol why doesn't EU get that sweet $$$' as much as money is a good motivator to enter, isn't potential bragging rights (neat title, hat) a pretty cool reward as well? or maybe I'm too simple lol.

Now just gotta wait for my questions to be answered...
    If everyone got equal prize value, even a Dead Bee, I bet nobody would complain.

I mean, even if the prize was NOTHING, I bet people would still join to have a chance to be featured in the login screen. That's a big buff.

But the moment you treat anyone. ANYONE, unequally, there will be uproar.

If you didn't pay attention. People take equality rather seriously in 2018. .Well, 2016 was when that rally began I guess.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Question- Can we post our art on here just for the fun? its kind of nice to see what everyone entered and i have a feeling we wont get to see what everyone else did :c
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited March 6, 2018
    NekoLily wrote: »
    [*] 100,000 NX (NA ONLY)

[*] 50,000 NX (NA ONLY)

nogame1.jpg

My exact reaction but this is an art contest ant if u won my work would be used in log-in screen
    a chance to share my creativity to mabinogi I might join if my work makes it in time bit busy IRL
    but ill try to cut some time of sleep to do some work hope i could at least make it to runner ups
  • BhujerbaBhujerba
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,350

Perhaps you are missing the point my man, its not about getting said outfit, the problem is that while NA players get a fair and nice price for their efforts, say if you spend 10 hours to finish your entry that is 10 dollars per hour, EU players get something like uh... a pat in the back for the same effort? At the very least what we ask is for equal terms since this is plain insulting.

Also yeah, getting your art exposed in the main screen is pretty neat but at some point you have to value your effort and time.
  • KrissyPootelKrissyPootel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,445
    edited March 18, 2018
    oh man im really stumped on what to even draw since there isnt a specific theme
  • AmyliaCJAmyliaCJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,295
    |・ω・)

Any news on rewards for EU?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I have less than 3 days to try to make something, probably won't make it.

For EU players, blame the politics!
  • ValenmirValenmir
    I have less than 3 days to try to make something, probably won't make it.

For EU players, blame the politics!

Politic or not, Something way better and worth the same value could have been offered. My partner is a EU player and he was questing this because in other games, his seen nothing where some politic or rule prevents games to give out rewards.
    GretaMizukiHayama
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    not to be off topic with EU, (but am i the only person who hopes i submitted correctly... it a bit worrisome idk why)
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited March 22, 2018
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    not to be off topic with EU, (but am i the only person who hopes i submitted correctly... it a bit worrisome idk why)

xD im pretty sure i did mine wrong, and by the time i went to fix it.. To late T_T.... So Yay~ Since it only said make a back ground, nothing was said on what all it had to have in it- .. Just mabi related. But when i reread it after i submitted i thought i did it wrong and so on lol