Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Someone please tell me how to avoid Duke’s auto kill attack. In the first run, idk how I did it, but I managed to kill it without being hit by that auto-kill first. But in the other runs, I tried running around when it went into the ground but I’m still suddenly dead. That is so annoying.
  • HyosungHyosung
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    ShouK wrote: »
    Someone please tell me how to avoid Duke’s auto kill attack. In the first run, idk how I did it, but I managed to kill it without being hit by that auto-kill first. But in the other runs, I tried running around when it went into the ground but I’m still suddenly dead. That is so annoying.

Run away when he's going underground
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 9, 2018
    Zarric wrote: »
    Failed the first two runs at the Duke, got to the Succubus Queen on the third one and I couldn't finish it because of lame teleporting mechanics with her sweet illusion skill...
    56ba3b9534.png
    489db5c479.png

How exactly is this fair when she can teleport behind the wall, drop aggro and sit there while being unable to be attacked at all.
    I wanted to flip a pixel table when I had to leave. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It is not fair, because it is a glitch.
    edited March 9, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »

Use a movement speed potion? I assume it requires you to be being close to him.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Zarric wrote: »
    Failed the first two runs at the Duke, got to the Succubus Queen on the third one and I couldn't finish it because of lame teleporting mechanics with her sweet illusion skill...
    56ba3b9534.png
    489db5c479.png

How exactly is this fair when she can teleport behind the wall, drop aggro and sit there while being unable to be attacked at all.
    I wanted to flip a pixel table when I had to leave. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It is not fair, because it is a glitch.

If that happens to me, I am going to flip a real table.

Cave of trials is serious business. :P
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 9, 2018
    Elf here
    can never properly beat Masterlich along with ghasts alone, i would rather fight 2 Zebach than fightin ghasts

what boss will replace this trial bosses if i bring other 3 player (4 man party)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    So I managed to pass Master Lich and got to the Queen..unfortunately this is my first time fighting her so before I can even reduced her HP to half, I got safeguard level 3 and never managed to recover from it. I gave up and exit......
    edited March 9, 2018
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Elf here
    can never properly beat Masterlich along with ghasts alone, i would rather fight 2 Zebach than fightin ghasts

what boss will replace this trial bosses if i bring other 3 player (4 man party)

It is solo. No pets, no revive, just a marathon.

Also, to those who partook in my super buff catering of mochis and taffies this morning.

You're welcome.
    Leilicia
  • ZombIELoovERZombIELoovER
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    the duke one shots :-))))
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Maia wrote: »
    I guess I must just suck :(

58162be2c5.jpg
    19619dbe47.jpg
    woo i got good, I'm sure i'll be ousted in no time
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I guess I must just suck :(

58162be2c5.jpg
    19619dbe47.jpg
    woo i got good, I'm sure i'll be ousted in no time

Nice brag.
  • LuckyValLuckyVal
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited March 9, 2018
    Currently playing oversea, everything is 1 to 2 seconds behind, but I am happy to get the title.
    eAMYY4G.jpg
    Sandburst + Hydra + Shield of Trust + Crisis Escape + minimal potions

CSyIySF.jpg
    Final Hit + a lot of potions

jQSODVl.png
    Current rank after 4 fails and 2 successions, I hope to get better.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 9, 2018
    LuckyVal wrote: »
    eAMYY4G.jpg

CSyIySF.jpg

jQSODVl.png
    Current rank after 4 fails and 2 successions

And i see same 6 people who are on top in everything lol. Not even surprised.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Greta wrote: »
    Nice brag.

Thanks. I was pretty proud of myself considering my circumstances
    seulgibear
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited March 9, 2018
    Is raincasting a viable thing in this? I sold muh RC gears away since I stopped using it 4 soloing Meta game stuff like Peaca abyss/AlbanHeroic cuz of new better aggro+crowd controls stuufz. Imma regret it nao if it is. Cuz all dem nerfs meng. It hurts. :'(
    LuckyVal wrote: »
    Currently playing oversea, everything is 1 to 2 seconds behind, but I am happy to get the title.
    eAMYY4G.jpg

CSyIySF.jpg

jQSODVl.png
    Current rank after 4 fails and 2 successions, I hope to get better.

Oh, yeah, that exists.

*Waits till tomorrow*

giphy.gif
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    tbh i couldn't even get pass the 3rd boss, due to every monster mobbing me :s
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 9, 2018
    Welp completed the cave of trials for the first time ever. Basically fh spammed everything with the fh reforges I have, when duke popped up I kept my distance and would sweep in when it was safe. Master Lich with the ghasts I somehow survived, the speed potions helped me stay away from the ghasts as I picked off master lich's hp. Succubus queen was mainly same as duke, watch out for all projectile pink stuff, but I had to use brionac to increase wound damage to keep her from recovering. But basically after that the last two bosses are super easy. Song of grief, wail on her. Last boss is Dero, same thing. Done.

Reccomnded: Have a manashield damage reduction reforge and rank 6 mana shield, and lots of mana. Decent armor and other defenses. SE and RE potions you got from the fishing event will help.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    yeah, wish i have FH and better Def than my fragile Elf

oh wait

that's human

HumanMasterRace.jpg
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited March 9, 2018
    Zarric if that teleport glitch happens again try windmilling in various spots. something like that happened last time with Glas a lot

Safeguard is a pain in the butt

hell... being a giant is a pain in the butt. Queen takes so long for me w/o magical FH or magnum spam. must be nice...
    Hazurah wrote: »
    yeah, wish i have FH and better Def than my fragile Elf

oh wait

that's human

HumanMasterRace.jpg

I hope you're joking because 7 of the top ranking for trials on Alexina are elves and the rest humans.... it's basically the same for Mari. LOL .... elves have no right to whine when there's several in the discord claiming to 1-hit K.O the duke