Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doki Doki Returns!

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited March 8, 2018 in General Chat
For KR at least.
http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2018/0308_island/island.asp
Jf4lmMu.png
36144828.png

A 3rd new flight and a sakura petal second title coupon! Some new cute outfits too.
I believe we will see doki doki again sometime. :) Dust off your boom boxes! <3
MilkypockyKokoroHazurahSherriKyarypawcalypseSpiritikaImaizumijovazeroTaiyouko

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Like the outfits and well, everything.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    The outfits look like Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf..
    I do not know about Doki Doki, but it feels like it's a popular mixed-felt event from what some have told me.
    offwithyourheadspawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Welp at least soon players who missed out on the flight action coupon will be able to get it without paying millions.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    YESSSSS CONFIRMED
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    *Sees the title*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*Reads comment*

Phew... For now QQ...
    PlatinaKokiXxBearslayerxXHazurahKensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I really hope we get Doki Doki. I have a few friends who are new/returning to Mabi and missed the flight coupons last time around. It is nice they can finally get a chance to obtain Flight. Also there are two new pets and they are ADORABLE <3
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I actually still have my boom box!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf as a romantic couple? That's....a little messed up, considering what the original fairy tale was really about. :/ I have mixed feelings about this.
    YangKoeteXxBearslayerxXSherripawcalypse
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    That dress is super cute! I hope its one that doesn't bend and stretch like crazy when you move, I haven't liked a lot of the new stuff for said reason. Regardless, am excited!
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf as a romantic couple? That's....a little messed up, considering what the original fairy tale was really about. :/ I have mixed feelings about this.

there are some manga (Japanese Otaku thingy) with that kind story
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hazurah wrote: »

I can only think of adult kind of manga. (Sorry not sorry) :trollface:
    Kensamaofmari
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

@WolfandWolf Is it because you are going to have to change your name to....WolfandGirl instead? B)
  • HazurahHazurah
    Greta wrote: »

I can only think of adult kind of manga. (Sorry not sorry) :trollface:

you can easily found it in Shoujou genre of light novel or manga
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 9, 2018

To be fair, I have seen this be a fairly popular motif in shoujo romances. The male love interest being compared to a wolf who will Kabedon the female protagonist, with a gruff mannerism belying his incredible intelligence and precisely sexy insight. He will love you and protect you as a wolf would do for his beloved. He will likely have dark hair, or be associated with dark or night imagery signalling a loner, especially if he is a mysterious transfer student always staring out the window, wanting more, doing poorly in academia because he is not dumb, but feels there is more to life.

Then, he will notice you! Like a predator stalking possible quarry, he will go silently approach under the most clandestine of circumstances, sniffing you, judging you, taking an interest in you. As the wallflower on the other side of the railroad tracks in the uptown to his downtown, you will stand in stark juxtaposition the snobbish, materialistic excesses your background would be associated with, and he senses, there is something different of you.

Underneath your weak, timid frame, he senses a strength rarely found, a depth that surpasses that of the mariana trench, and thus, a beauty that eclipses all others like the sun to the stars, like the moon, shining ever so bright in the his perpetual, forlorn night!

You sense there is something about him too. You both meet up, two people alone in their respective worlds, now joined together in this fantastic little universe they share, just the two of you. He confesses his love for, baring his fangs, and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

2rMEWIv.gif
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

@WolfandWolf Is it because you are going to have to change your name to....WolfandGirl instead? B)

Oh! No, my username was just because I wanted something clever but couldn't come up with anything interesting at the time. So I thought, oh, well what's cooler than one wolf than two wolves, lol? Yeah. I was really young at the time (when the forums transferred, I guess my old name transferred too?). I didn't mean it to imply shipping (two wolves romantically together), just my terrible young stupidity at coming up with names. It was meant to represent my two main characters that I have on my account (the two wolves).

I should have gone with 2wolfteam or Awesomewolves, which were the other names I had considered.

But yeah. That's pretty funny, I didn't think of that lol. :)

Yeah I'm sure there are some manga with that kind of story, but I don't know. The wolf in the original tale wasn't meant to be an actual wolf (actual wolves are cool), but rather the representation of a....erm...lustful human predator (whom are clearly un-cool like real wolves).

I don't...I don't mean to stir a fit about it or anything. They aren't bad outfits; pretty interesting looking. I just found it generally to be a little irksome.

Also, lol @Greta.
    Imaizumi
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    i have a thing for capes on outfit o/ assuming the cape doesn't stick to your back like glue lol but yeh im so definitely getting this outfit!!!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    i have a thing for capes on outfit o/ assuming the cape doesn't stick to your back like glue lol but yeh im so definitely getting this outfit!!!

It's not a cape, it's like a backwards apron or something.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Gaea wrote: »

well, regardless, it wont swing around when you moving anyway
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195

eww :c welp guess i'll be skipping this one then -shrugs- thank you both for the replys o7
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

eww :c welp guess i'll be skipping this one then -shrugs- thank you both for the replys o7

Well I still think it's cute. Give it a chance. :)