Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about that Cave of Trials?

Comments

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    elf and haven't logged in for about 6 months, don't have those new moon skill things
    went in blind and not remembering how i used to fight, got past the duke then die almost immediately to master lich lol
    i don't have many good reforge but used bdk bow with effective range for most of it.. lightning rod for merrow and demigod on the reaper
    i've never beat a master lich before anywhere but if i did, never ran either kind of phantasm so would be ??? on the queen :P
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Arjune wrote: »
    Zarric if that teleport glitch happens again try windmilling in various spots. something like that happened last time with Glas a lot

Safeguard is a pain in the butt

hell... being a giant is a pain in the butt. Queen takes so long for me w/o magical FH or magnum spam. must be nice...
    Hazurah wrote: »
    yeah, wish i have FH and better Def than my fragile Elf

oh wait

that's human

HumanMasterRace.jpg

I hope you're joking because 7 of the top ranking for trials on Alexina are elves and the rest humans.... it's basically the same for Mari. LOL .... elves have no right to whine when there's several in the discord claiming to 1-hit K.O the duke

it was supposed to be a joke, but ok...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    i've never beat a master lich before anywhere but if i did, never ran either kind of phantasm so would be ??? on the queen :P

with queen just don't get hit by her... at all. if you do she stacks a safeguard debuff on you that kills your damage majorly until it wears off so you spend a long time waiting for it to wear off. A lot of times by the time it does wear off she uses a soul eater type attack that instantly puts 3 stacks of that damn debuff right back on you if your wotg isn't fast enough to knock her down. it's annoying but do-able :/ You're lucky you're an elf
    Daktaro
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570

with queen just don't get hit by her... at all. if you do she stacks a safeguard debuff on you that kills your damage majorly until it wears off so you spend a long time waiting for it to wear off. A lot of times by the time it does wear off she uses a soul eater type attack that instantly puts 3 stacks of that damn debuff right back on you if your wotg isn't fast enough to knock her down. it's annoying but do-able :/ You're lucky you're an elf

did i say that? when?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I actually managed to beat Master Lich this year (hooray..) and met waifu. I kinda wasn't mad that i died to her. I died beautifully... :')
    Radiant Dawn
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    How to win it. Be human or godly archer elf. Thanks Nexon.
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited March 10, 2018

did i say that? when?

lol I think you need to calm down. The quotes on these forums are really easy to get jumbled. if you're even paying 1% attention to the thread you'd see I was actually quoting Daktaro. I honestly don't even know why it put your name on his quote but if you READ the thread you'll see that he said it. ....I think you have some issues. It's not like I'm attacking you or something

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I only ran it once so far to get the quest done. I got to Duke and was just messing around trying out different things.
    Playing hit and run with his teleporting while using chain slash. He did kill me when I stopped to cast hydra on him for fun. QbC4Qlb.gif

Personally I think the Reaper is the most annoying. I always just take his attacks each time.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I finally managed to kill the Succubus Queen and completed Cave of Trials.
    bSMSOrM.jpg

I ate tonsss of MP SE pots to avoid pot poisoning that caused me to have 0 strength during my last attempt to kill her lmao Never again though. My SE pots is too valuable and I'm not gonna go through that ordeal again.

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 10, 2018
    Succubus Queen is annoying. Her soul attack just straights up nullifies my damage for 2 minutes at least. It is just chancey for me to do enough damage before she pulls that move on me, with no real countermeasure. I may try using shine of Eweca+Final Shot+Everything else just to be able to hit her enough times for it to stop.

She's absolutely horrific to try and kill with her Guard debuff.

On the other side, playing aggressive with Master Lich and the right equips allows me to murder him in under 20 seconds just impaling him with chains. New record for me.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195

I didn't know wotg could stun her, is that right? I don't have any guns but that seems like very useful information for those without fh
  • ArjuneArjune
    Maia wrote: »

I didn't know wotg could stun her, is that right? I don't have any guns but that seems like very useful information for those without fh

if she's draining your soul it's kinda like Girgashiy's soul drain except you only do 1 dmg so you have to hit her a ton of times. Pretty much the only way out is wotg... and if you're fast enough she'll get knocked back before your soul hits her. Once she knocks back if you immediately counter-attack her then she gets knocked prone on the floor for free damage deals. It can be a pain to pull off though... especially if she uses it again before wotg is off cooldown
    I kind of want a nerf on the Succubus Queen's Guard Debuff, either on the amount of hits it takes to stop it, how long 3 stacks last, or using it at all. I am fine either way, but out of all the bosses, she really is the most annoying with that one attack, yet I feel she doesn't have much to offer besides that, thus making her less difficult then Master Lich. (Who can verifiably kill me much more easier with his magic and his minions, but who can be lullabied, and with much less endurance in terms of effective health.)
    Sphyra21
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited March 10, 2018
    Keep getting instagibbed by Duke. Nothing before him gives me any trouble, then wham, dead. And when I do get past him I just get swarmed by Master Lich's ghasts while he incinerates me. This is [bovine excrement] and from now on I'm just going to drop in and immediately leave for daily quest completion. The chest rewards are 99% junk anyway.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    Why can't we have Glas Ghaibhleann instead of Succubus Queen? She literally has no countermeasure to deal against her and my Final Hit couldn't counter her soul stealing skill. It drained up nearly all my time and I eventually gave up when stalling isn't the best option for safeguard to wear off.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    I'm an Elf and I find the Duke to be ludicrously easy, but then I pretty much get ruined seconds later by the Lich.
    DaktaroSherri
    Mizuko wrote: »
    Why can't we have Glas Ghaibhleann instead of Succubus Queen? She literally has no countermeasure to deal against her and my Final Hit couldn't counter her soul stealing skill. It drained up nearly all my time and I eventually gave up when stalling isn't the best option for safeguard to wear off.

I agree. The attack is...

-Essentially unable to be dodged. I am pretty sure she'll just teleport to you without delay, and there nothing to be done.
    -Is essentially meant to require team coordination to disable, which on solo makes it near impossible to break out of.
    -Takes out at least 2 minutes of our time to be able to damage the Queen again.

Seriously? This is bullcrap. Why do I have to contend with a team mechanic on something that is solo? I may try WOTG or Final Shot+Shine Of Eweca, but the idea I have to rely on a boss being merciful is irksome.

edited March 11, 2018
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    I'm an Elf and I find the Duke to be ludicrously easy, but then I pretty much get ruined seconds later by the Lich.

Lullaby is your best option it seems. Then, leave the ghasts alone while you....Duke it out with Master Lich.

To which I normally fall back and let the Ghasts despawn before contending with the Queen.

(You can also kill them, but Queen herself can't be lullabied, and does a fair amount of damage with her Ice Spear.)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    hrrrnnngg the queen man.
    /sigh
    Guess I'll use it to study/perfect my reflexes to its mainstream AI/gimmicks 2 future proof 4 the boss room on my solo phantasm run when I have lots of free time 2 commit. :s
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    i cant even enter the Trials because dero keeps saying "idk what that doll thing you have on you but you can only enter by yourself" but i dont have anything on me???? ;x; and idk why it keeps saying that but its pissing me off